Microsoft fined by EU (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
lol. mine had a bit to do with historical reputation too i suppose.

i believe that british have a much larger influence than france internationally because of the language they speak. british entertainment, culture, lifestyle, products/manufactured goods etc are more popular than french ones.

but that doesnt have anything to do with their power per se. just their influence i guess.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
i believe that british have a much larger influence than france internationally because of the language they speak. british entertainment, culture, lifestyle, products/manufactured goods etc are more popular than french ones.
I beg to differ. Nearly the whole of the African continent speaks French and French culture is much more popular both in Africa AND Europe than the British one.

but that doesnt have anything to do with their power per se. just their influence i guess.
Well perhaps. I would imagine it would matter though. Oh well, I'm no expert. Could be all wrong!

Where's John? He usually knows this kind of thing :D

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
latin america is ACTUALLY pro portugal(teeny-weeny brazil over there) and pro-spain. how much of latin america has french???(come to think of it how much has latin influence?- but thats a whole another story)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Now now, had you paid attention at school you would have known that the so called Latin nations are Italy, Spain, Portugal and France. Also referred to as Roman nations.

The native languages of most people in Latin America might be Spanish and Portuguese but these are VERY similar to French and Italian. As a result; music, movies and the sort from Italy and France usually also cross the Atlantic into Latin America where they become popular as well.

Just ask Esteban if he's familiar with the Italian singer Tiziano Ferro ;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
attention? :D sorry i couldnt fulfil THOSE expectations ;)

yeah i get it now- romance languages etc. i believe spanish and italian are similar but french is different. portugese is similar too but to a lesser extent.

i believe you about the entertainment bit. im just not too sure about france being on GB's level in terms of influence. besides- any rapidly developing latin american countries you can call the 'future' of the world? :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

oh just be nice and let us easterners in. we promise to be good. at least i do.
If it was everyone but you, that might instill a tad more confidence :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)