Michele Pazienza (6 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2010
well... at least he looks cool. I mean like quag and matri.

Note that stupid outlook players tend to fail here. Motta, Grosso, Grygera, Martinez. No long hair please!(ok, matri is exception)

Mar 9, 2006
Pazienza happy to sacrifice Europe

New Juventus signing Michele Pazienza maintains he has no regrets about leaving Champions League football behind at Napoli.

The midfielder joined the Old Lady yesterday on a free transfer after signing a three-year deal in Turin.

“It wasn’t hard to walk away from the Champions League,” the former Fiorentina player noted. “I did it with eagerness as I am ready to get back into the competition with Juventus.”

Pazienza certainly won’t be Juventus’ biggest signing of the summer, but he is keen to prove that he belongs in the Bianconero shirt.

“I’m enthusiastic about this new challenge,” he added. “I have a desire to demonstrate that I have a future at this great club.

“Coach Antonio Conte will teach me a lot.”

The uncapped Italian was also asked about his dreams of winning recognition on the international stage.

"Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli has said he will choose who plays based on continuity. So my aim is to find a place at Juventus, then I will think about the rest."

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
At least his first interviews looks like he really wanted us, or was he just a bench player for Napoli?
He was regular starter. I think it was the chance to be a Juve player that was decisive. He was on 750 000 in Napoli and in Juve his wages will be higher by some 300 000 eur only. I don't think it was money either. Those 300k aren't really worthy of missing out on CL and regular play time.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
He was regular starter. I think it was the chance to be a Juve player that was decisive. He was on 750 000 in Napoli and in Juve his wages will be higher by some 300 000 eur only. I don't think it was money either. Those 300k aren't really worthy of missing out on CL and regular play time.
Do you really guys take seriously someone with avatar like this? :disagree:

Plop

May 27, 2011
He is really great player for the bench. Im really heppy with this singing, he is 2 times better then momo in my opinion.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
2 times better than Momo? I am beginning to think Sissoko may just be the most underrated player on this forum.

Sissoko was one of the best players in Italy (personally, I'd even say Europe) in his position during his first 18 months at the club. He was a sure starter in the best team we have fielded the past 4-5 years and absolutely vital, as was proven when he was absent. He's also still pretty young.

Pazienza is a decent player who, at age 29, is considered unnecessary at Napoli.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
2 times better than Momo? I am beginning to think Sissoko may just be the most underrated player on this forum.

Sissoko was one of the best players in Italy (personally, I'd even say Europe) in his position during his first 18 months at the club. He was a sure starter in the best team we have fielded the past 4-5 years and absolutely vital, as was proven when he was absent. He's also still pretty young.

Pazienza is a decent player who, at age 29, is considered unnecessary at Napoli.
Absolutely.
With all his flaws, there will be at least 10 matches throughout the season in which a player like Sissoko can be extremely useful. Especially if you have Pirlo in the same team and Momo is forbidden to even think about making a pass longer than 2 meters.
If you have someone like Gattuso to cover for Pirlo and you allow Pirlo to play his best game, you'll do a hell of a job. Sissoko can do that job excellently. Can Pazienza do it? And if he can't, what else can he offer that Juve needs and doesn't have already?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Yes, that's why he played 31 league games.
Didn't know that, thx guys

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

:tup:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So why do you think he accepted such a move?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Absolutely.
With all his flaws, there will be at least 10 matches throughout the season in which a player like Sissoko can be extremely useful. Especially if you have Pirlo in the same team and Momo is forbidden to even think about making a pass longer than 2 meters.
If you have someone like Gattuso to cover for Pirlo and you allow Pirlo to play his best game, you'll do a hell of a job. Sissoko can do that job excellently. Can Pazienza do it? And if he can't, what else can he offer that Juve needs and doesn't have already?
Yeah, the bold part is what I'm asking myself as well. If the last 2 seasons have shown us anything, it's that we do not need additional "decent" players, but that we need actual improvements, guys who can provide us with something that we're missing. For me, Pazienza is not that player.

I do realise that we're trying to cut costs (lower wages mostly), and I don't mind that one bit. It's just that I don't agree with how we're doing it (so far).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)