Michele Pazienza (25 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually the Napoli example goes further than that, something we have spoken about before and agree on, I'm sure you remember. But it won't happen at Juventus because we want it sooner.
But on the Pazienza example, it's bullshit. Just like Juventus signing the guy is bullshit. Just like defending everything Marotta does is indeed bullshit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Whether it's a cliché or not surely the opposite of 'giving a chance' is 'not giving a chance'? So if you aren't prepared to give someone a chance then you are rubbishing them right away? Fair enough, just don't expect everyone to do the same. With foresight it's a general rule that if you work with inferior materials you will have an inferior end product, but not always. Application and skill is important, for Juventus that is mentality and competence on the part of several employees of the club. I look at Napoli who have a small element of quality and a far larger element of 'mediocrity' (forum buzzword) in their ranks on and off the field, yet they did very well. What's stopping Juventus? Application.
Me = dont disagree in some of the things (though I wont even dignify the Napoli part with a response). What I find laughable is the mentality of "give a chance", its not just saying lets see, its basically settling for less, making excuses for the repeated policy of adding quantity/mediocrity. And ESPECIALLY in coaching role, and the competency of those who hire them (lacktustre players is just a by product of that same approach trickling downwards). And trying to ignore the obvious reality of some of these signings/coaches hired. Whats next? Oh lets sign Marco Rossi, Parisi and Aronica (SHIT defenders) lets give him a chance, it doesnt matter if they are NOWHERE neargood enough and we shouldnt risk it with one of the worst defences in the league.

"Lets give them a chance" *insert invented reasons to be positive about it", repeated mantra, and only said in a revisionistic way after the fact (we signed/hired them). The best way to illustrative it is the opinions of a player/coach before and after we sign them. Before, its generally calling them for what they are, average (or not even that, exaggerated to the fullest and deeming them crap/Serie C level), but when they are signed/hired, total turn around in the spin. Suddenly pointing out the obvious of what kind level they are is being pessimistic and a big taboo. Time to "give them a chance", and say you have "hope", and paint a much prettier picture, based on nothing. Pazienza? He is better then Momo, give it little more time, and he will be better then others. Conte? Oh he is already better then all Serie A coaches, never midn he is a Serie B coach.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That was hard to read and a bit nonsensical as a rant at times but I don't think we are miles off. Naming shit players for us to all sign is a bit silly. The perspective is that Pazienza is limited, experienced, and free. The wider picture is that our season depends on who we sign as our important players. If it's Pazienza I'll be pissed, and we are destined for mid table. If he is a 15 game player the only issue I have is that of our younger players deserving more. But then we go back to the Serie A obsession with experience. Pazienza to me does not signal our ambition for the season, for the reasons I stated before (these type of transfers go through first and are unattractive), it just signals that we can't resist a free, experienced Italian (Marotta), and I await what we do in the rest of the mercato, talking about (last) chances.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It might make some sort of sense to 'give a chance' to an unknown quantity or someone who's known to have some sort of natural talent but never made it big. But when someone is utterly mediocre how does 'giving a chance' help? He's 29 in a couple of months and hasn't shown anything to warrant a place in Juve, unless we are aiming to settle at 6-7th position from here on.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
This is a joke. Marotta has honestly some issues or he just honestly doesnt understand the meaning of signing top class players. I tihnk hes shy to even ask sometimes I swear. I just cant understand this signing at all

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Average player, but damn are you guys overreacting. Free player, who'll be a more than reliable backup. Yes I know we should be buying starters blablabla.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
it's totally sensible to work this way if you have no money.

if you want to change the squad and dont have money, you will have to buy a replacement for someone (in this case hopefully sissoko) you will sell or plan to sell.

the only way to get money for other transfers is, buy a replacement that is cheaper than what you get for the player you want to sell (momo).

so instead of having some sissoko warming the bench and getting paid good, get a mediocre one that earns less which will free funds to spend elsewhere.

on top of this its surely better the youngsters to compete with some pazienza for a backup place, then with a high paid sissoko. since the quality difference is not that big the youngster might actually be more motivated (because of the probability of taking pazienzas place as backup).

it's funny how someone with a brain could even think that we should buy stars for millions of € just to replace backup players in positions we are already well supplied with.

i can understand if someone would blast the purchase of a pazienza-level fullback, but getting a cheap replacement for a player that is not needed and can generate funds by selling him is totally sensible ...

we will have pirlo, melo, marchisio, pazienza for the central midfield spots ... thats totally ok for a team only having two domestic competitions to play in next season. an expensive backup in form of sissoko is just not needed. we actually improved our starting line up while paying no transfer fees and being able to get money by selling sissoko ...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Average player, but damn are you guys overreacting. Free player, who'll be a more than reliable backup. Yes I know we should be buying starters blablabla.
Indeed, backup and average player, but thats the thing, our starters is that level and mainly fit for backup, so no I certainly dont take it lightly adding to that pile of inadequacy more then we have already. If we were set on having good enough starters/team, then yeah average reliable backup ala a Giannichedda is ok. But its way less ok with the current state of our squad.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
it's totally sensible to work this way if you have no money.

if you want to change the squad and dont have money, you will have to buy a replacement for someone (in this case hopefully sissoko) you will sell or plan to sell.

the only way to get money for other transfers is, buy a replacement that is cheaper than what you get for the player you want to sell (momo).

so instead of having some sissoko warming the bench and getting paid good, get a mediocre one that earns less which will free funds to spend elsewhere.

on top of this its surely better the youngsters to compete with some pazienza for a backup place, then with a high paid sissoko. since the quality difference is not that big the youngster might actually be more motivated (because of the probability of taking pazienzas place as backup).

it's funny how someone with a brain could even think that we should buy stars for millions of € just to replace backup players in positions we are already well supplied with.

i can understand if someone would blast the purchase of a pazienza-level fullback, but getting a cheap replacement for a player that is not needed and can generate funds by selling him is totally sensible ...

we will have pirlo, melo, marchisio, pazienza for the central midfield spots ... thats totally ok for a team only having two domestic competitions to play in next season. an expensive backup in form of sissoko is just not needed. we actually improved our starting line up while paying no transfer fees and being able to get money by selling sissoko ...
your whole assumption is based on us selling sissoko which according to people in this forum (even those who want him to go) isn't going to happen. Conte wants to keep him.

secondly and more importantly, do you not remember how many injuries we have per year on average? what like 48? you really expect Melo's erratic behavior on the pitch to allow him to play every match w/out any suspension?

so when the time does come for this dickwad to step up will he deliver or will we have to be pazienza? will we have to be pazienza for another few years to get back into the CL because of Pazienza? F**K PAZIENZA - FORZA JUVE

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
no because of him Gaindonato will be loaned out and never comes back :(
I dont mind giving Giandonato or anyone a shot to a degree, but besides his freekick goal in a retirement game, I have yet to see him be anything more then inadequate/barely average enough for this level, in the handful of appearances he has had with us, infact I would say very week/out of his depth kinda performances. So I will take it easy before hyping him, if I were you.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
your whole assumption is based on us selling sissoko which according to people in this forum (even those who want him to go) isn't going to happen. Conte wants to keep him.
Did he actually say that ? My point is, if we dont have pazienza there was not even the chance of selling sissoko because we would be short of numbers for that position.
I think you remember how Del Neri wanted to keep Diego last year ;) could be the same story

secondly and more importantly, do you not remember how many injuries we have per year on average? what like 48? you really expect Melo's erratic behavior on the pitch to allow him to play every match w/out any suspension?
so if aqua leaves we would have pazienza would still be the 4th player in the pecking order, meaning marchisio would become much more playing time in his prefered role in the centre of the pitch and then if all ropes cut we still can use giandonato or some other youngster. this way the youngsters can still gain match experience in the primavera and only get called up when needed instead of leaving them rott on our bench for the unlikely case that 3 people get suspended or injured.

so when the time does come for this dickwad to step up will he deliver or will we have to be pazienza? will we have to be pazienza for another few years to get back into the CL because of Pazienza? F**K PAZIENZA - FORZA JUVE
i think its time to accept that we have to think like a club we are right now on the economical level. our glorious past does not permit us to change the rules of economy (and think about the Financial Fair Play rules next season too!).

we don't play in europe so having high profile backups for positions well covered is economically not sensible and might prevent us to invest on other positions on the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)