Michele Pazienza (20 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Marrone for example. Gabriel another.
:agree:

Pazienza's move seems pointless, although if he really does replace Sissoko directly you won't see me losing any sleep over it. It's possible Momo could be rejuvenated under Conte, but he'll still be a terrible footballer who'll give the ball away as quickly as he has won it. The only difference a positive Momo has is that he goes on storming runs.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What we should do is sign people and then not give them a chance, sack them quickly.
Yeah yeah, very mature. They will get the chance no matter what we saw, duh, but dont act blind or think there is only one side to "give them a chance". Yes no one is a fortune teller, but we have been AWFUL for 2-3 seasons, why? Because we sign AVERAGE players and hire average coaches, the predicted otucome of that isnt hard to read, you know? Whats the point of the cuddling "lets give them a chance" kumbaya attitude? Ofcourse they will get a chance, they already hired/signed.

But pointing out the obvious of the limitations or lack of improvement in said deals is somehow taboo, because...wait for it..."lets give them a chance", yeah very productive attitude, that goes without saying, because we cant do nothing but watch the sideshow unfold . For example, I said, as did many others, Del Neri is not good enough coach for Juve, and he was "given a chance", how did that turn out? And no, its not speaking in hindsight, it was utterly predictable (or if not, it actually turned out WORSE then predicted). Then when we repeat the similar pattern, we are back to square one, "lets give them a chance", nigga please :p As I said, no one is sure of the outcome, but we can for damn sure predict the typical results, which keeps repeating itself.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I'm surprised the whole Real Madrid hierarchy hasn't been forced to step down after the signing of Altintop.
Yes, thats because its very comparable, like it was comparable when we signed Zebina from Roma, OH WAIT, no its NOT, because Zebina AND Altintop top played/play with a dozen of word class players/extremely good players. I can see how thats very similar to a team where the majority of the players are the skill level of Altintops. And how the priority is MUCH different, as in fucking needing "Zidanes", and not 10 more "Pavones" :p

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Pazienza's move seems pointless, although if he really does replace Sissoko directly you won't see me losing any sleep over it. It's possible Momo could be rejuvenated under Conte, but he'll still be a terrible footballer who'll give the ball away as quickly as he has won it. The only difference a positive Momo has is that he goes on storming runs.
What I don't like is we had Momo who was here to start and we'll replace him with a bench warmer. We need some upgrades so a DM that runs like hell and can pass would have been nice.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A youngster that can learn the ropes and get some experience in training and Coppa games. Cheaper and would develop into a better player than Pazienza.
EXACTLY. I understand throwing the youngsters under the bus for better players, even just decent ones, but purely average one, who has little advantage to them outside having a decade longer experience in being average, and showing little to no improvement from that. We can groom the next Marchisio (youth them or scout/sign), or just sign a good CM, and let Marchisio be the cover.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Pazienza is a mediocre player, no need to give him the chance to understand that he's not good enough. Its not like he'll all of a sudden starts playing great football.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah yeah, very mature. They will get the chance no matter what we saw, duh, but dont act blind or think there is only one side to "give them a chance". Yes no one is a fortune teller, but we have been AWFUL for 2-3 seasons, why? Because we sign AVERAGE players and hire average coaches, the predicted otucome of that isnt hard to read, you know? Whats the point of the cuddling "lets give them a chance" kumbaya attitude? Ofcourse they will get a chance, they already hired/signed.

But pointing out the obvious of the limitations or lack of improvement in said deals is somehow taboo, because...wait for it..."lets give them a chance", yeah very productive attitude, that goes without saying, because we cant do nothing but watch the sideshow unfold . For example, I said, as did many others, Del Neri is not good enough coach for Juve, and he was "given a chance", how did that turn out? And no, its not speaking in hindsight, it was utterly predictable (or if not, it actually turned out WORSE then predicted). Then when we repeat the similar pattern, we are back to square one, "lets give them a chance", nigga please :p As I said, no one is sure of the outcome, but we can for damn sure predict the typical results, which keeps repeating itself.
Whether it's a cliché or not surely the opposite of 'giving a chance' is 'not giving a chance'? So if you aren't prepared to give someone a chance then you are rubbishing them right away? Fair enough, just don't expect everyone to do the same. With foresight it's a general rule that if you work with inferior materials you will have an inferior end product, but not always. Application and skill is important, for Juventus that is mentality and competence on the part of several employees of the club. I look at Napoli who have a small element of quality and a far larger element of 'mediocrity' (forum buzzword) in their ranks on and off the field, yet they did very well. What's stopping Juventus? Application.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

The only difference? A positive Momo DOMINATES midfields for us, especially big games, Real, Roma, Inter etc. Yes it was a while ago under Ranieri, but his impact was a significant one when he was performing. Not just "storming runs". Shut shop completely at his best.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The only difference? A positive Momo DOMINATES midfields for us, especially big games, Real, Roma, Inter etc. Yes it was a while ago under Ranieri, but his impact was a significant one when he was performing. Not just "storming runs". Shut shop completely at his best.
Few and far between, and often in better teams, it was the same at Liverpool. Maybe in poorer sides it just highlights his deficiencies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Whether it's a cliché or not surely the opposite of 'giving a chance' is 'not giving a chance'? So if you aren't prepared to give someone a chance then you are rubbishing them right away? Fair enough, just don't expect everyone to do the same. With foresight it's a general rule that if you work with inferior materials you will have an inferior end product, but not always. Application and skill is important, for Juventus that is mentality and competence on the part of several employees of the club. I look at Napoli who have a small element of quality and a far larger element of 'mediocrity' (forum buzzword) in their ranks on and off the field, yet they did very well. What's stopping Juventus? Application.
:lol:

Yes, so this is the running excuse to sign whatever Italian crap Marotta wants. Napoli does the same, so "hopefully" we'll be like them one day.

Pathetic.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:lol:

Yes, so this is the running excuse to sign whatever Italian crap Marotta wants. Napoli does the same, so "hopefully" we'll be like them one day.

Pathetic.
Actually the Napoli example goes further than that, something we have spoken about before and agree on, I'm sure you remember. But it won't happen at Juventus because we want it sooner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)