Michele Pazienza (12 Viewers)

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #84
    Because it's a guarantee they'll play at other clubs and their playing time under different coaches will make them better players.

I don't have time for folks that think loaning all your young players is a good idea. I'm done with them.
    Most of them play wherever they go (-Lanza :seven: )

I am not in 100% for loaning out all our youngsters but it may serve some of them very well when they can't play here.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    But that doesn't make sense, does it? You can't simply buy players because you assume your current ones are going to get injured when you already have 4 for the same 2 positions.

Italy's or Juventus' systems, it doesn't matter. It's pathetic.
    you need squad depth.

and I think we will be seeing some exits from amongst our MFs.

You make it seem like Pazienza is a good player. He's not. We've gone from Poulsen to Pazienza as backups, it's incredibly unacceptable.
    I have yet to see anyone describe his qualities/faults in this thread, have never watched him play or closely enough either.

but what is clear is that he's getting a lot of aggro for things that he is not responsible for.

let's see how he goes and then we can judge, instead of relentlessly hating him because of Marotta's shortcomings.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Moggi signed Giannichedda on a free as third choice. Bringing in Pazienza on a free as fourth choice, as is likely, is hardly controversial or a reason to cause drama.
    giannichedda was 4th behind blasi, and no way can you compare the team moggi assembled to this garbage, mediocre cover would be acceptable if class was starting. none of this guy's dealings inspire such a scenario.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    No, I'm not waiting for anything. Pazienza is a mediocre player who adds nothing to the side and is only here because he's Italian. Period.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I don't see how this move can be properly assessed until the squad for next season becomes clearer.

In isolation, the signing of mediocre, cheap backups rarely looks good.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yes yes, funny how that works, last year Marotta was building a base and this summer we'd sign quality. Pazienza is arguably the weakest player we've signed in a number of years. Giannichedda was better and Blasi the guy who couldn't even complete a pass is better defensively.

I just wish people would admit they're fans of Marotta.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
    Wonder will there be some type of explanation for this signing? Probably not, why use youth players when there a perfectly crap old freebies out there to give silly contracts to (to any sane person it would seem like madness, but not in Marotta's eye/s)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    I don't see how this move can be properly assessed until the squad for next season becomes clearer.

In isolation, the signing of mediocre, cheap backups rarely looks good.
    as things stand marchisio and momo are backups, both superior to pazienza. the only way to redeem this would be to get a killer MC tandem a la emerson vieira to justify this, and that will NEVER happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)