Iaquinta
Appearances: 57
Goals: 28
Goals per match: 0.49

Amauri (Since 08-09 only)
Appearances: 50
Goals: 16
Goals per match: 0.3

and as for the Del Piero should retire people: (since 07-08)
Appearances: 90
Goals: 47, Yes Fourty Seven
Goals per match: 0.52
You didn't even provide the amount of shots they have taken, Mr. Statistician. If you want to prove who wastes the most chances, the topic of our posts, then you can't just rely on goals and games. :howler:

-REP for this, and for giving me -REP and calling me an idiot without leaving your name. Grow a pair.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Wrong :D
Trezeguet
Appearances: 63
Goals: 29
Goals per match: 0.46

Iaquinta
Appearances: 75
Goals: 31
Goals per match: 0.41

Amauri (Since 08-09 only)
Appearances: 69
Goals: 18
Goals per match: 0.26

Del Piero
Appearances: 93
Goals: 47
Goals per match: 0.50

Iaquinta, especially in his first season, started many matches from the bench, and if we count only the starts, then his average will be even closer to Trez and Del Piero.

As for the assists, in the last two seasons (not counting 2007/08 for which I don't have data) it's like this:
Del Piero 11 assists
Iaquinta 7
Amauri 5
Trezeguet 2

I don't know what was the original discussion between you and Andy about, but if it was some comparison between Iaquinta and Amauri, then it's obvious that in front of the goal (scoring+assisting) Iaquinta has been more useful than the Brazilian.
If it was between Iaquinta and Trez, then they're almost the same, with Trez scoring a little more on average, while Iaquinta assists more.

Well thank you for the correction, what are your sources?
perhaps my sources were wrong, but the results are pretty much the same, you proved my point

You didn't even provide the amount of shots they have taken, Mr. Statistician. If you want to prove who wastes the most chances, the topic of our posts, then you can't just rely on goals and games. :howler:

-REP for this, and for giving me -REP and calling me an idiot without leaving your name. Grow a pair.
Amounts of shots and wasted chances? what the hell are you talking about?
the last time Amauri took a shot from outside the goal area that I recall, would be the goal he scored in Buffon 2 years ago
you wanna compare who's better in front of goal then it's pretty obvious
you wanna compare who wastes more then let's see, Iaquinta takes much better positions than Amauri and escapes his marker mostly, that's why you find him with the ball in front of the net, Amauri goas backwards, dribbles by the line- slowly- loses the ball.
so at the end it might be like Iaquinta scored 2 of 5 chances, Amauri wasted one of one, because simply Iaquinta worked harder to allow the players to make him chances, and been in the right place at the right time
so now don't tell me Amauri is a better striker than Iaquinta, that wouldn't be fair to Vincenzo at all with all his efforts helping the team, but Amauri didn't look like he gives a damn this season so far.
Start being more fair with your judgements on players, not because Amauri played great with Palermo and half a season with us then he's the best we have

About the -Rep that hurts you so much, I figured you'd be smart enough to realize it was me on your own, for two reasons, I'm the one you're disagreeing with here, and you did the same last week without leaving your name

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Iaquinta, especially in his first season, started many matches from the bench, and if we count only the starts, then his average will be even closer to Trez and Del Piero.

As for the assists, in the last two seasons (not counting 2007/08 for which I don't have data) it's like this:
Del Piero 11 assists
Iaquinta 7
Amauri 5
Trezeguet 2

I don't know what was the original discussion between you and Andy about, but if it was some comparison between Iaquinta and Amauri, then it's obvious that in front of the goal (scoring+assisting) Iaquinta has been more useful than the Brazilian.
If it was between Iaquinta and Trez, then they're almost the same, with Trez scoring a little more on average, while Iaquinta assists more.
How good are these stats comparing to those of the other strikers in other big teams?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Especially when you have Del Piero playing like he has his boot laces tied together next to him. Seriously, how many times did Ale miscontrol or lose the ball today? 20 times?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Amounts of shots and wasted chances? what the hell are you talking about?
You originally claimed Trez wastes a lot of chances after hailing Iaquinta as some sort of good finisher. We pointed out that's a ridiculous statement as Iaquinta is a known waster-of-chances, much more than David. You proceeded to offer us some stats that did not even include the amount of shots the players have taken, which one would need to figure out strike rates in front of goal. You can't figure that statistic out with only goals and appearances.

About the -Rep that hurts you so much, I figured you'd be smart enough to realize it was me on your own, for two reasons, I'm the one you're disagreeing with here, and you did the same last week without leaving your name
I did no such thing.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
You originally claimed Trez wastes a lot of chances after hailing Iaquinta as some sort of good finisher. We pointed out that's a ridiculous statement as Iaquinta is a known waster-of-chances, much more than David. You proceeded to offer us some stats that did not even include the amount of shots the players have taken, which one would need to figure out strike rates in front of goal. You can't figure that statistic out with only goals and appearances.
If you want to discuss who's a better player, as in FIFA, FM and PES way, you'll find Amauri probably the best, Iaquinta the worst
and it's close to reality, in abilities, I know Amauri can offer much more than this, like most Brazillians, but look at the numbers, Amauri does nothing for 90 minutes
It's true stats don't show truth sometimes (or Sali would have the highest scoring rate, and Inzaghi the rat would be the best in history somehow) but in our case comparing the 3 strikers currently, Iaquinta has the best form
he may be a waster, specially with the Azzuri, but at the end he's the one who scores for us, it's really sad on many levels what we've become
our 4th choice striker is our top scorer with just 15 goals in a whole year

I like all our players the same except for legends, and right now I dislike them all the same, whoever scores makes me happy, no matter how much he wastes
Currently Iaquinta is my 1st choice according to numbers, but beside Del Piero, Trezeguet will always remain my favourite for all the things he did for is

and just to get this over with, I'm sick discussing our players, coaches, med staff, board and supporters, enough is enough
we the supporters are the only ones who care about the club, its results and the records Ferrars is breaking

When I insulted Ferrara after Milan's game, you found it pathetic to say, and then I received -rep and I was called an idiot and "he" didn't leave his name
If it's not you, I apologize.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I feel bad for Paolucci, as great as it must be to have the chance to play for Juve he is nothing more than a pawn. This move could never have been good for his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)