Miccoli offered for Barzagli (2 Viewers)

SlimValdi

Dec 28, 2002
Miccoli offered for Barzagli
Tuesday 25 April, 2006

Palermo are ready to release Andrea Barzagli to Juventus in exchange for Italian international Fabrizio Miccoli.

The Old Lady have an option on Barzagli and the Rosanero are ready to allow them to take advantage of that agreement in the summer.

Although President Maurizio Zamparini had initially maintained that he wouldn’t be releasing any of his international players this summer, he’s now ready to sacrifice the former U-21 star.

Juventus have contacted the Sicilian giants and are understood to have tempted them into a sale by including Miccoli in the deal.

The pint-sized striker, undoubtedly one of Italy’s best attacking talents, is currently on loan in Portugal with Benfica.

Miccoli is unwanted in Turin given the incredible amount of attacking options they have and Juventus are finally ready to release him outright after already loaning him to Fiorentina in the past.

Barzagli yesterday admitted that he was unsure of where he would be playing his football next season.

However, the Azzurri squad regular did also admit that he is tempted by the prospect of one day playing for a club of the Old Lady’s stature.

Juventus are keen to introduce a younger element into their defence given the age of Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Barzagli, crowned a European champion with Italy at Azzurrini level, is looking for the world title with the Azzurri in Germany this summer.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr25a.html

added source

mk77

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
It would be very, very good news if this is true. I don't think Barzagli is as good as Thuram in his prime, but with this deal he's basicly free.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
At least signing Barzagli is a step in the right direction - giving youngsters a chance. I'd welcome that move over a Mexes signing or the like.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
SlimValdi said:
Miccoli is unwanted in Turin given the incredible amount of attacking options
:lol:.. although thats true to a certain extent from channel4, the statement itself can be very misleading.

Anyway the guy is unsettled and its only right to move him on for a permanent deal, its the right thing to do and as for getting barzagli for him I think its not too bad of a deal it would be nice however if we can put zaccardo in the deal too and just pay an extra million or so.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Too bad about losing one of the best attacking talents in Italy, it better be worth the deal cos miccoli is gonna explode one day and we will look like idiots if we didnt benefit in the deal.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Stripper said:
Too bad about losing one of the best attacking talents in Italy, it better be worth the deal cos miccoli is gonna explode one day and we will look like idiots if we didnt benefit in the deal.
He scored a pearler a couple of days ago when Benfica played Nacional.
Controlled the ball well upon receiving it, took his stride past one player and blasted the ball past the goalkeeper and into the top left corner.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That's good news. We could use a young centre back like Barzagli while Miccoli is surplus to requirements. It'd be a good deal for all parties involved if it goes through.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Jem83 said:
He scored a pearler a couple of days ago when Benfica played Nacional.
Controlled the ball well upon receiving it, took his stride past one player and blasted the ball past the goalkeeper and into the top left corner.

Yeah, Miccoli is great

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Blackburn Rovers dismiss Miccoli link

Blackburn Rovers Football Club have dismissed speculation linking them with Fabrizio Miccoli.

According to reports, the Ewood Park outfit were lining up a £3.5million move for the Italian, who is currently on loan at Benfica from Turin giants Juventus.

However, whilst Rovers admit they are looking for reinforcements, chairman John Williams has told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph that Miccoli is not on their list of potential new recruits.

"We are looking at home and abroad for players, but that's not a name I've heard mentioned," Williams said. "It's pure speculation as far as I'm concerned.

"Every week a different one of our players is getting linked with a move elsewhere in the national press, but we've said all along we want to keep hold of our best players."

http://www.fansfc.com/blackburnroversfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=151968

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Miccoli is good. I have a soft spot for that little hedgehog. But Juve could never give him the first team experience he needed. Could you imagine if the guy was trying to break in under this current squad beneath Trez, Zlatan, and DP?!

I think it could be a very good deal if true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)