Miccoli leaving JUVE??? (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Hopefully true, but whenever he tries to perform as a playmaker, he fails miserably. The C.L. Milan final is evidence for this, as well as other games I've seen. But if he can finally adjust to playing away from goal, then that would be very good.
He played as a playmaker in the Italy-Wales game. Italy won 4-0, Del Piero played a great game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Hopefully true, but whenever he tries to perform as a playmaker, he fails miserably. The C.L. Milan final is evidence for this, as well as other games I've seen. But if he can finally adjust to playing away from goal, then that would be very good.
Well, we don't really have an extensive test-sample to really determine whether he can do it or not. Then again, when was the last time he had a midfielder as skilled as Emerson and a striker as potentially frightening as Zlatan on his team?

And before you say Nedved, emerson is more skilled than he, while Nedved is a constant bundle of energy. Both very admirable traits.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

You just described Ibrahimovic to a T.

And oh yes, Zlatan is 10 times the player that Miccoli could ever hope to be.

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, I am not a fan of Miccoli at all, and think he's vastly over-rated. Glad to see him go, but as a Viola supporter as well, he's still going to give me headaches.
Dude why are you so angry with Micco? Did he not sign an autograph or something for you? :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Well, we don't really have an extensive test-sample to really determine whether he can do it or not. Then again, when was the last time he had a midfielder as skilled as Emerson and a striker as potentially frightening as Zlatan on his team?

And before you say Nedved, emerson is more skilled than he, while Nedved is a constant bundle of energy. Both very admirable traits.
This coming from Mr. "I don't want Emerson he is too old wah wah wah" Sergio. Told ya it wasn't a bad idea to buy him. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Dude why are you so angry with Micco? Did he not sign an autograph or something for you? :)
I think he's extremely over-rated, and he is in no position to be spouting off to the press criticizing Del Piero like the coward that he is.

Maybe he should actually accomplish something before he decides to cloak himself in a robe of entitlement.

9 goals for Perugia 2 years ago.

Whoop-dee-fukkin-doo.

Chevanton scored more than twice as much for Lecce last year, and you didn't hear word one from him. Now, he's off tearing ass for Monaco.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

This coming from Mr. "I don't want Emerson he is too old wah wah wah" Sergio. Told ya it wasn't a bad idea to buy him. :D
I still think they overpaid for him, but bringing Blasi back up to Juve lessened the blow a little for me.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I still think they overpaid for him, but bringing Blasi back up to Juve lessened the blow a little for me.
Well thats certainly good. I think the two will form an excellent central midfield partnership.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

I think he's extremely over-rated, and he is in no position to be spouting off to the press criticizing Del Piero like the coward that he is.

Maybe he should actually accomplish something before he decides to cloak himself in a robe of entitlement.

9 goals for Perugia 2 years ago.

Whoop-dee-fukkin-doo.

Chevanton scored more than twice as much for Lecce last year, and you didn't hear word one from him. Now, he's off tearing ass for Monaco.
Micco has the heart. And i'm pretty sure his time will come.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Well thats certainly good. I think the two will form an excellent central midfield partnership.
I couldn't understand why so many people didn't want Blasi to come here.

You can't have all of your players be these beautiful ballerinas on cleats out there. You need a physical presence in midfield who isn't afraid to take the body, push people around, and be an enforcer.

A role-player, in other words. Someone who does the dirty work. With Nedved, Emerson, and Oliveira (hopefully, please no Camoranesi), they will have more than enough flair and flash to go around

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Micco has the heart. And i'm pretty sure his time will come.
Well, for his sake, it better come soon. At his age (25) he should have already established himself by now.

Let him go establish it somewhere else.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

I couldn't understand why so many people didn't want Blasi to come here.

You can't have all of your players be these beautiful ballerinas on cleats out there. You need a physical presence in midfield who isn't afraid to take the body, push people around, and be an enforcer.

A role-player, in other words. Someone who does the dirty work. With Nedved, Emerson, and Oliveira (hopefully, please no Camoranesi), they will have more than enough flair and flash to go around
because IMO Blasi is worse than Tacchinardi :touched: I dislike Blasi, he hasn't proved anything to me yet... :stuckup:

Jan 7, 2004

OK, someone let the other moderators know that Don Bes has stolen Martin's password and has decided to besmirch his good name with non-sensical one liners.

++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++

:LOL: what a bitch!

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

nah, I know it's not Don Bes cos he used a 'smiley' at the end of the post ;)

its good to be loved

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

because IMO Blasi is worse than Tacchinardi :touched: I dislike Blasi, he hasn't proved anything to me yet... :stuckup:

Sorry to say this, man, but I think that #3's time has come and gone as far as being a first team regular.

Blasi is the type of physical presence that is needed out there in Serie A these days.

You'll see. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I God damn hope that you're right Sergio... Well, the time will tell...
Oh what are you going to do if I'm wrong, kick my ass?:boxing:

I'm not scared of you ,man. You Finnish can't fight your way out of a paper bag :D:D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
:boxing: Bring it on!!

We kept our independence in II WW despite the crushing pressure from USSR, Helsinki was one of the three capitals in Europe where the enemy never landed his feet, so I know what we can do as Finnish, we surely can battle!! :stuckup:

:patriotic::touched::D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
:boxing: Bring it on!!

We kept our independence in II WW despite the crushing pressure from USSR, Helsinki was one of the three capitals in Europe where the enemy never landed his feet, so I know what we can do as Finnish, we surely can battle!! :stuckup:

:patriotic::touched::D
The Soviets will be back one day!

:D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Well, then if I don't see his talent, then I'm not alone in this assumption, or else he would have been a lot more than a 4th striker last year, and Juve wouldn't have needed to go out and buy their future #10 in Ibrahimovic this year.

I recognize full well that DP isn't the player he used to be. However, this year, I sense something different in him. I sense a player who is willing to work within the limitations that are in front of him now, and I feel that we will see a transformation in his game, much like the way that Baggio did during the middle of his career.

Call Del Piero a lot of things if you like, but don't call him stupid. Stubborn? Maybe, but all great athletes need time to adjust their style because they may have lost a step. the technique and the footwork is still there. Now with a true force like Zlatan helping him out, this could free up all new possibilites for Alex.

Don't forget, they have strengthened the squad immensly this summer, bringing in young, fresh blood in the midfield, and with the maturation of Oliveira on the wing or even as a situational striker if need be, there will be a lot of pressure taken off of him.

Give the man time. He, at least, from the fans point of view, deserves that. Now, I don't want to sound like a Del Piero apologist, because anyone on here who knows me knows that I'm the complete opposite, but this squad was re-built practically from the ground up to tailor the type of style that will not only suit Coach Capello, but DP as well.

A little patience is an awfully small price to pay.
A little patience I think that 5 seasons are enough for him to get back to himself and he still hasn`t face it people he will never be his old self again and what he is doing now is the best he can do
and by the way a bad Del Piero is better than a good Miccoli NO WAY!
a good DP (of the past year+ his current form) isn`t as good as Miccoli!
DP gave us what he could he can`t be milked out anymore it`s time to give the young gun Miccoli who has great talent and surely can be his hair a chance! about Zlatan becoming our next nomber 10 I don`t think this is the case I think he will be more of the great players like Henry who is more of a goal scorer than a segunda punta that`s why I think our strikers should be Miccoli and Zlatan as Miccoli will replace DP and Zlatan will replace Trez who his only ability is just score and nothing more than that and a striker should know more than that!!!
I think that Zlatan will become the next Henry and Miccoli will become the next DP!
Miccoli should replace DP like DP replaced Baggio
Miccoli has improved since last year and if you see what he does on the field you`ll see that this guy is simply great he shines wherever he goes wether it`s in Juve (pre season+Berlusconi trophy) or it`s in the Italian national side

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++

A little patience I think that 5 seasons are enough for him to get back to himself and he still hasn`t face it people he will never be his old self again and what he is doing now is the best he can do
and by the way a bad Del Piero is better than a good Miccoli NO WAY!
a good DP (of the past year+ his current form) isn`t as good as Miccoli!
DP gave us what he could he can`t be milked out anymore it`s time to give the young gun Miccoli who has great talent and surely can be his hair a chance! about Zlatan becoming our next nomber 10 I don`t think this is the case I think he will be more of the great players like Henry who is more of a goal scorer than a segunda punta that`s why I think our strikers should be Miccoli and Zlatan as Miccoli will replace DP and Zlatan will replace Trez who his only ability is just score and nothing more than that and a striker should know more than that!!!
I think that Zlatan will become the next Henry and Miccoli will become the next DP!
Miccoli should replace DP like DP replaced Baggio
Miccoli has improved since last year and if you see what he does on the field you`ll see that this guy is simply great he shines wherever he goes wether it`s in Juve (pre season+Berlusconi trophy) or it`s in the Italian national side
Please refresh my memory.

What exactly had DP accomplished by the age of 25, when compared to the "young gun" Miccoli, who is the same age?

Also, don't you find it a little odd that as great as Miccoli is supposed to be, he was replaced by someone two years younger who has already accomplished more on the club and international stage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)