miccoli+Di Vaio > Zlatan (4 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
That wasnt the bast of passes, but it was in range. Nedved, or Zambrotta, or Zlatan or Camo would have been able to get that ball, it wasnt that bad at all, it was in range ad he just tried.

And I suppose Zlatan has most assists because he doesnt pass. he might be selfish, but to say he doesnt pass at al is just criminal. Our best two chances were set up by him (besides the one he had).
Only Theriy Henry has a chance of getting that one.... and ya know it...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Not true, the pass was gettable had he only tried. And even if he wasnt sure if he could get it he should still have tried.

Dec 26, 2004
From our current team only Zambrotta can be considered as a fast player...
Neddy used to be but he is 32+ year old now....
Camo, Zlatan .... I don't think so.....
I don't think ya r making a good point by critisizing DP bcuz ya think he is slow, cuz this is his style of play and even at his best year 1996-1998 he wasn't that fast....
DP used to dribble or past deffender depending on his skill not on his speed like Henry, ya cannt have them all Zlatan can ya???
And if ya think DP is slow, then what would ya say about Zidane then???

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
You're an idiot, pecker. There is a thing as a context, you know.
I didn't update the page stupid.

++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Dude, review the last 10 minutes of the game. Check what Zlatan do when he receives the ball....thats is what i call a bad attitude......
What exactly did he do that you call bad attitude? I think both Zlatan and Alex did okay up front considering the circumstances.

Oct 29, 2004
Not true, the pass was gettable had he only tried. And even if he wasnt sure if he could get it he should still have tried.
zlatan we know u hate DP but this argument is poor

nobody wudda got that ball, and as for at least trying to get it, he would have achieved nothing but get a few cheers and waste more energy which cud be used when needing to apply pressure.

No point in emptying tank just to look like your trying hard

he did play rubbish though and annoyed me like hell as it looked like he cudnt even be bothered to play

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Let me tell you a story.

On Wendesday I was on a Basketball game between Bosna ASA and Crvena Zvezda (Adriatic Goodyear League). Somewhere in the middle of the 3rd quarter a ball was going out of bounds under the basket and one of our players, Dejan Parežanin, started running after it. Now, I knew he couldnt get to it, he knew he couldnt get to it, the whole arena knew he coulnt get to it, and you know what: he tried. He flipped over the ads and finished in the crowd. He didnt get the ball but he was given a standing ovation. Because he showed spirit, leadership and a passion to win, and thats more important than wheather he got to the ball or not. Thats what the fans want to see, someone giving it his all to win, not walking around the pitch just to pick up his 6 mil € paycheck. Thats what it's about.

Now, how much energy would he really have lost by sprinting 5 meters?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
DP have won almost everything. And he might be satisfied and dont play with his heart anymore?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That wasnt the bast of passes, but it was in range. Nedved, or Zambrotta, or Zlatan or Camo would have been able to get that ball, it wasnt that bad at all, it was in range ad he just tried.

And I suppose Zlatan has most assists because he doesnt pass. he might be selfish, but to say he doesnt pass at al is just criminal. Our best two chances were set up by him (besides the one he had).
Nonsense. That right there is as biased as you can get. That was a lazy pass on Olivera's part and there's no way Del Piero could've caught up with it. How can you say he didn't try? It was a very poor pass and that's not even taking into consideration the fact that Olivera trains with Del Piero everyday and should know his limitations as well as his strengths. You saying that DP should have kept that ball in play is like me saying that Zlatan should've reached the pass Emerson played to him on the right hand side in the first half.

Just to clear things up, Camoranesi has more assists than Zlatan and most of Ibra's assists come as a result of him holding up the ball or getting past defenders, not because he is a good passer as he isn't.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Let me tell you a story.

On Wendesday I was on a Basketball game between Bosna ASA and Crvena Zvezda (Adriatic Goodyear League). Somewhere in the middle of the 3rd quarter a ball was going out of bounds under the basket and one of our players, Dejan Parežanin, started running after it. Now, I knew he couldnt get to it, he knew he couldnt get to it, the whole arena knew he coulnt get to it, and you know what: he tried. He flipped over the ads and finished in the crowd. He didnt get the ball but he was given a standing ovation. Because he showed spirit, leadership and a passion to win, and thats more important than wheather he got to the ball or not. Thats what the fans want to see, someone giving it his all to win, not walking around the pitch just to pick up his 6 mil € paycheck. Thats what it's about.

Now, how much energy would he really have lost by sprinting 5 meters?
What was the end result? He showed spirit and passion but the conclusion would have been the same had he just let the ball roll out of play. I really don't see how running down a ball that you know you can't reach is beneficial to the team. Quite frankly it isn't. You're clutching at straws my friend.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm not clutching at straws. That ball wasnt unreachable, and even if it was, we'll never know now, because he didnt try. Del Piero is the captain. He needs to lead the team by example. What if Buffon stops making saves because he doesnt believe he can get to it. What if Blasi stops taclking because he's afaraind of getting hurt. He'll maybe they shouldnt move at all if the ball doesnt come directly at their feet.

Del Piero is the captain, he needs to be thea leader, the example. And currently, if all players followed his example we'd be fucked.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Nonsense. That right there is as biased as you can get. That was a lazy pass on Olivera's part and there's no way Del Piero could've caught up with it. How can you say he didn't try? It was a very poor pass and that's not even taking into consideration the fact that Olivera trains with Del Piero everyday and should know his limitations as well as his strengths. You saying that DP should have kept that ball in play is like me saying that Zlatan should've reached the pass Emerson played to him on the right hand side in the first half.

Just to clear things up, Camoranesi has more assists than Zlatan and most of Ibra's assists come as a result of him holding up the ball or getting past defenders, not because he is a good passer as he isn't.

First of all, if we're thinking of the same situation, thenyes, Zlatan should have gotten that ball.

Second, I'm not saying Zlatan is a brilliant passer, all I'm saying is that he does pass, altho he also is selfish a lot of the time. In fact, he's quite a poor passer if you ask me.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm not clutching at straws. That ball wasnt unreachable, and even if it was, we'll never know now, because he didnt try. Del Piero is the captain. He needs to lead the team by example. What if Buffon stops making saves because he doesnt believe he can get to it. What if Blasi stops taclking because he's afaraind of getting hurt. He'll maybe they shouldnt move at all if the ball doesnt come directly at their feet.

Del Piero is the captain, he needs to be thea leader, the example. And currently, if all players followed his example we'd be fucked.
If Buffon is covering the near post, the opposition winger swings in a cross, it takes a wicked deflection and falls to the striker waiting on the far post 4 yards away from goal. The striker makes good contact, actually, he gets all of it, really good strike, should Buffon still dive? How many times do we see keepers rooted to the floor because they have no chance? Quite often I'd say. Should Toldo have tried to save the goal Porto scored on Wednesday? Of course not, makes absolutely no sense, but instead of criticising Olivera's pass, we blame Del Piero for not running after a ball that he couldn't reach. Folly if you ask me.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
We critisize Del Piero not because he didnt get to that pass, but because he plays like he doesnt give a flying fuck if we win or lose. And thats no way for a captain to play.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
it is an important think to try ur like in a lost ball, that shows ur enemies he sould afraid of u, never give u the slightest chance and that make em nervous, its also good for the confidence of the team, this is all true and tactic used even by del piero but only when the team attacks.
if u are defending like juve did with real, u must maintain ur powers for the real deal, how many sprints an attacker may do per game? especially on alex's age and stamina?
DP is an expert player, he who knows when to run and when to live the ball away

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

First of all, if we're thinking of the same situation, thenyes, Zlatan should have gotten that ball.

Second, I'm not saying Zlatan is a brilliant passer, all I'm saying is that he does pass, altho he also is selfish a lot of the time. In fact, he's quite a poor passer if you ask me.
You're only saying that to make your argument look somewhat objective. How could Zlatan have gotten that ball? He clearly wanted it to his feet, not played into the space, and Emerson made it impossible for him to reach.

Passing is a last resort for Zlatan. When he gets the ball his first reaction is to try to see how he can make his marker look stupid or how many defenders he can take on before giving away the ball. He'll pass if he's forced to, but how often does Zlatan control the football, look up and release it before seeing if he can dribble. Sometimes he still manages to get the ball to a teammate after wasting 20 seconds, but his colleague has been closed down and the opportunity lost. On occasions it makes more sense to get rid of the ball ASAP, Ibrahimovic doesn't seem to realise this.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
it is an important think to try ur like in a lost ball, that shows ur enemies he sould afraid of u, never give u the slightest chance and that make em nervous, its also good for the confidence of the team, this is all true and tactic used even by del piero but only when the team attacks.
if u are defending like juve did with real, u must maintain ur powers for the real deal, how many sprints an attacker may do per game? especially on alex's age and stamina?
DP is an expert player, he who knows when to run and when to live the ball away
Obviously you hustle the opposition even when getting the ball isn't very likely, but I don't see the sense in running down a ball that is on its way out anyway.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

You're only saying that to make your argument look somewhat objective. How could Zlatan have gotten that ball? He clearly wanted it to his feet, not played into the space, and Emerson made it impossible for him to reach.
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the ball thatlike rolled a meter in front of Zlatan for 2 seconds that he could have gotten had he just stretched his leag. IMO he could have gotten that.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Obviously you hustle the opposition even when getting the ball isn't very likely, but I don't see the sense in running down a ball that is on its way out anyway.
there are some times when u or the opponent estimates the ball is out of range to catch and it isnt(rain my favour this estimation problems)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)