Mexes (1 Viewer)

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
Roma prepare Mexes swoop

Philippe Mexes held extensive talks with the Giallorossi and could complete his switch on Monday, where Matteo Ferrari’d join him.

The defender has been a long-term transfer target for Roma, although the last time he was in negotiations with the club it was also with Coach Fabio Capello.

Despite the change in management with the arrival of Parma’s Cesare Prandelli, Mexes (pictured) reaffirmed that he is intent on joining the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

The only stumbling block now is his current club Auxerre, who have set a price-tag of approximately £5.6m, whereas Roma are only prepared to pay around £3.5m.

Mexes is embroiled in a legal battle over his contract with the French side, as he maintains that he can buy his way out for just over £3m.

If the Giallorossi make a formal offer to Auxerre of somewhere in-between the two figures, then the deal could be completed as early as Monday.

Another defensive reinforcement is likely to be Matteo Ferrari, who is currently preparing for Euro 2004.

“I would be happy and proud to continue working with Prandelli,” revealed the Parma defender.

“I know that something is happening behind the scenes between my club and Roma, while Antonio Cassano has given me advice on where to buy a house in the Capital.”

source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun6b.html

MEANS WE R NOT GONNA GET BOTH?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
I never thought we would get both of them.
I was hoping that we would get Mexes as I rank him
higher than Ferrari. But if Mexes would join Roma then I had hoped
that we could get Ferrari!!!

But now it looks like that wont happen!!!

Great!!! :groan::fero:

Thuram---Zebina---Legro---Zambrotta :scared:

Zebina---Thuram---Cannavaro---Zambrotta
Better than the other formation, but still! :down:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well, there is still squillaci i suppose. i wont be too upset if he joined instead of one of them. but still, ferrari and mexes would have been great for us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
cannavaro wouldnt be such a bad transfer though provided mexes joined as well. when you have montero, iuliano and possibly tudor leaving as well, you need some experience at the back. Thuram isnt a 100% staying either. We cant just go and sell experienced players and then bring in mexes, ferrari, zebina etc..players who havent been playing at the top level in europe for a long time.

Sep 14, 2003
I think Cannavaro would cost alot in terms of both transfer fee (unless a swap for another player) and wages, then there's his age to consider. It makes more sense to buy a younger and cheaper option. Kapo and Zebina though, are showing us what direction Juve are taking in the tranfer market and I'm not impressed, I'm not alone I think.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
I think Cannavaro would cost alot in terms of both transfer fee (unless a swap for another player) and wages, then there's his age to consider. It makes more sense to buy a younger and cheaper option. Kapo and Zebina though, are showing us what direction Juve are taking in the tranfer market and I'm not impressed, I'm not alone I think.
After reading about a possible Canna move to Juve in another forum
I've realised that he actually never settled down in INTER. He has at least 2 years left in him. When U C azzurri games U still can see he is a great CB.

As I wrote in another thread, if we could manage to put a CB line
with Canna and Mexes that would be gold. During the 2 years or so
Canna could be a great Mentor for Mexes!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I read on some site the other day that Mexes had an offer from 2 Italian clubs and one English. The Roma offer was supposedly the lowest, the other Italian club offered 20% percent more.

I was hoping that was Juve.

Let's just hope Moggi is gonna pinch him from Sensi, although I'm sure Sensi is used to Moggi doing that and will therefore bring out all the stops to prevent that from happening!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It can't happen. Roma will NOT sign both Philippe Mexes and Matteo Ferrari. You wait and see.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm 100% sure that there are a good number of clubs out there that are willing to pay the 5.6m that Auxerre want and Juve could definitely be one.

It was Capello who wanted Mexes at Roma, so him being in Turin is a certain advantage however minor it may be, and we have the money to lure him to the Delle Alpi more so than Roma do to lure him to the Olimpico.

Viva Juve

Jun 1, 2004
Dont get too disheartened lads im sure moggi will pull something out the bag on this one. He knows our defence was ''GASH'' last season and to lose out on these two defenders which r future stars is ridiculous. Lets just wait. hopefully not too long now!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
i hope we sign ferrari and cannavaro...!
Yeah, Cannavaro and Mexes/Ferrari would be ideal. In Canna we'd have a defender with experience galore, who still has about two good seasons left in him, and in Mexes/Ferrari we would get one of the best young centre backs in the world who could hold down the fort for eight years or so. With Cannavaro, Ferrara and Thuram teaching the younger lad, helping him develop as a player, and so on, we'd have a perfect mix of youth and experience.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
HAHAHAHAHH... i cannot wait for this to happen.... people always already spoke the boy's name eveytime montero sucks up in the middle of the season... putiing his name in their 'Juventus' line up as if Auxerre only know how to deals with Juventus... :rolleyes:.. this will bring them back to reality ... i always prefer Cannavaro over those two brats anyway....

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think juve can out bid Roma easily. If Juve give Auxure their asking price which i don't think is too much then Mexes will probably consider us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)