Mexes (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
mark77:

I don't understand something! How can Mexes sign a 4 year deal if Roma and Auxerre hasn't agreed on a fee!

isn't it suppose to be, both team agrees on a fee and then the
player comes in the picture for the negotiaiting for the contract???

Sep 14, 2003
From the BBC:

Liverpool target Philippe Mexes has edged closer to a move to Roma after the Italian club offered the French international a four-year deal.

Defender Mexes will leave in the summer for one of Europe's giants and Roma have emerged as favourites to sign him.

Mexes' agent Olivier Jouanneaux told BBC Sport: "Roma have offered Philippe an interesting sporting proposition.

"There is a four-year deal on the table and we're now just waiting for Roma to reach an agreement with Auxerre."

Auxerre are resigned to losing the 22-year-old, and have signed Banik Ostrava's Czech international defender Rene Bolf to replace him.

At the end of May, Roma named Parma's Cesare Prandelli as their new coach to replace Fabio Capello who walked out to join Juventus.

As well as playing for a side in the Champions League, Mexes' other motivation is to switch to a club where the coach will help him improve as a player.

"Philippe wants to play under a coach with a strong personality who will help him become a regular in the French national team," said Jouanneaux.

Mexes has won six caps for France, but the French defender just missed out on making Jacques Santini's final Euro 2004 squad.

--------------------------

:groan::fero:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

"Philippe wants to play under a coach with a strong personality who will help him become a regular in the French national team," said Jouanneaux.

Mexes has won six caps for France, but the French defender just missed out on making Jacques Santini's final Euro 2004 squad.

--------------------------

:groan::fero:
Yeah, Capello has a weak personality :rolleyes:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
mark77:

I don't understand something! How can Mexes sign a 4 year deal if Roma and Auxerre hasn't agreed on a fee!

isn't it suppose to be, both team agrees on a fee and then the
player comes in the picture for the negotiaiting for the contract???
I think you have the right to talk to a player when he has 1 year left on his contract just like what we did with Emerson.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

I think you have the right to talk to a player when he has 1 year left on his contract just like what we did with Emerson.

you have the right to talk to the player, but you don't have the right to offer him a contract before agreeing fees with club first..

you can offer player a contract without talking to the player if he has 6 months or less left in his contract.

Sep 14, 2003
No contract have been signed, only that Mexes has agreed to a 4 year deal., which he will sign immediately after Roma agree a price with Auxerre.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
No contract have been signed, only that Mexes has agreed to a 4 year deal., which he will sign immediately after Roma agree a price with Auxerre.
You are really optimistic!! It seems that Roma will get him and forget that Moggi will buy him, because he is too good and young for Juve :groan: (only a bad joke)

Sep 14, 2003
No, I'm resigned to the fact that Roma will have Mexes. For a team supposedly looking to improve their defence, we're not doing a very good job. Yes, we have a few months before the season starts but look at the crap we've bought so far.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
There's still Ferrari. I don't think Roma can afford Mexès and Ferrari. Plus there's a lot of good defenders available. I heard good things about Hubschmann of Sparta Prague and Czech Republic. I'll watch him closely at EURO 2004.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
No, I'm resigned to the fact that Roma will have Mexes. For a team supposedly looking to improve their defence, we're not doing a very good job. Yes, we have a few months before the season starts but look at the crap we've bought so far.
yeah :groan:

Aug 26, 2003
yes but i think our main problem this season was the defense and we must do something! And we should not let buy other clubs the good one and we buy avarage players! I think its time to spend some money this season!

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I still believe we will have neither Ferrari nor Mexes next season. And this is a problem. I am sure we will get Bonera though. Now, I've never seen him play but others don't like him.

The thing is Moggi has not yet gone senile. We're losing Iuliano aswell probably, and Tudor, so holes are opening up in defence, even in backup positions. Somehow, from somewhere, we will find defenders. Unfortunately, I think they will be the kind of backup, mediocre player that we don't really need.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
I still believe we will have neither Ferrari nor Mexes next season. And this is a problem. I am sure we will get Bonera though. Now, I've never seen him play but others don't like him.
I also feel we may lose out on both Mexes and Ferrari. As for Bonera, well, he's OK but he's not great either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)