Mexes in Old Lady link (6 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jepsu2 ] ++

don't panic yet, I seriously doubt that he will ever go to 'pool... And Moggi haven't even made offer yet... but we'll see... and why Budruisso??
I belive that Roma has "nose" for players and some of my friends that have seen him while beeing on student exchange in Argentina say that he is a "rock" in defensive wall in best team in Argentina

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #225
    Mexes to Liverpool for 6m? That could never happen with teams like Juve, Roma and Man Utd interested.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Moggi and Juve's so called 'transfer policy' of not spending more than they have coming in to the club - balancing the books etc is quite understandable - it's basic economic sense.

However, when a player like Mexes comes along I'm sure an 'exception' to the rigid policy can be made - especially as every other club is willing to spend a bit of cash when it's needed.

Surely Moggi can see that £6m on Mexes now would be a very good investment and ultimately save money as buying an older defender would mean he would then have to replace him in a few years time.

For Moggi to simply not be prepared to pay £6m because he thinks it is currently too much to spend would be stupid.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Can anyone clarify the source? I am pretty sure it is one those biased English tabloids making some crap to sell more issues.:D.

It would be crazy for Moggi, Don Fabio, and other managers in the world to not realize that Mexes is surely more than 6m.
    Anyway, Mexes would be nuts to join Liverpool considering he has supposedly drawn interest from Juve, Man U, Inter, Roma, and Real.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    If we don't get Mexes I will kill myself, as he is the next Nesta. Why would someone in their right mind choose Liverpool over Juve? Liverpool will always finish behind Man u, Chelsea, and Arsenal. It would be dumb if Mexes went there!

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    Of all the teams he could go to, Liverpool.....why?

Why would any player want to go there?
    Maybe for the same reason as that endless flow of players is heading to Inter. :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Liverpool have been strongly linked in recent weeks with renewed interest in Mexes, but French sources insist that Roma, Internazionale, Marseille and Manchester United are the clubs leading the chase, with the Roman club looking favourites at this stage.

------------------------------------
    oh no:down:

F*** sensi

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    The guys who are going to inter, I think that they just are curious about the challenge... Mission Impossible, you know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)