Mexes in Old Lady link (2 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

The way I see it is that Ferrari has more experience and is proven in Serie A, while Mexes has loads and loads of potential, therefore the best thing to do would be to get both of them!

Our current defense boasts endless experience, but lacks the speed and skill which Ferrari and Mexes are capable of offering, so if we show Ferrara and Montero the door, what we lose in experience is made up for in ability and the advantages of youth.

Selling Thuram is also a debatable move, and I'd definitely let him go for +10m if we could get Trabelsi on a free. That would be ideal imo; Thuram, Ferrara, and Montero out, Trabelsi, Ferrari and Mexes in. That leaves Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Tudor and possibly Iuliano and Pessotto as subs.

first team defence:

Trabelsi - Ferrari - Mexes - Zambrotta

second team:

Birindelli - Tudor - Legrottaglie - Pessotto

That's much better than our current back-line(s) as far as I'm concerned. Let's hope that Moggi can make it happen.
I would also go for Mexes and Ferrari, but you know that Moggi won't do that, as he said he won't go crazy on the market, and I think it also would be too expencive. It all depense on Thuram. If he goes for good money, its possible, if we get screwed, we will get only Ferrari.

I don't like the idea of getting both, because it will take sometime till they both get used to each other, and teamwork in defense is sooo important.
Believe me: I would say get Mexes in one year, but not now. No one will buy him, because, as I said, he is much too young!
Maybe we should go for a second central def., who could play as a sub!

Maybe Hübschmann from Sparta Prag?? Someone cheap for the bench.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Anyway, it would be good if we could get him this season! Our defense are really struggling! We need someone who can help out! Mexes would be good...

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
Mexes gained a French U21 place for the 2002 UEFA European Under 21 Championships. He made two appearances and the team finished runners-up. During that same year Mexes won a place in the senior French national team

:thumb:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hell yea, Mexes could be a special talent in defence. Does it really matter if he is young? Hell, our two central defenders (won't mention any names but they start with F and M) can't even figure out what to do when one guy has the ball on top of the 18!

Forza JJJJJJJUUUUUUVVVVVVVEE!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2003
'Tis an omen I say. I just saw Auxerre play (again) and saw this article.

We're not so heavily linked with Mexes so I doubt he'll come, plus others stated he prefers England or something?

Shite

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Mexes tra Roma e Juventus (Tuttosport)
Giovedì, 18 marzo @ 09:26:51 CET

Phillpe Mexes, 23enne difensore centrale
dell'Auxerre: "Cassano e Totti? Due fenomeni. A
Torino sarebbe piu' facele con Deschamps. Un
allenatore francese semplificherebbe
l'inserimento, e poi ci sarebbe Thuram".
La Roma al momento e' in vantaggio sulla
Juventus.

Mexes between Roma & Juve
Phillpe Mexes, 23 years old defender from Auxerre: "Cassano & Totti? two phenomenons. In Torino would be easier with Deschamps. A French trainer would be good, and then there is also Thuram.
Roma are in movement, which gives them the advantage over Juve.

does mexes know something about the next Juve manager that we dont know, :confused:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
First of alll don't believe what Tuttosport say. Second, Deschamps will coach Juve one day but I don't think he'll replace Lippi. Del Neri or Prandelli will do that. IMO In 2 or 3 years if things don't go well Deschamps would be a great choice.

If you say Roma are interested in Mexès that means that Juve will get him for sure. ;)

Jul 28, 2002
if roma sign mexes then it would be a travesty to world football, where the hell do they have the money?? they are broke..where the hell will they get him from??

Juve had better buy his franco ass.....if lippi leaves, deschamps is the man.

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
dont worry about Roma buying him, after all they are in debt and need to sell not buy. with the new rules for next season they wont be able to register for the CL or Seria A if they dont clear the debts, includes Lazio & Parma

Jul 28, 2002
Shame on parma a and lazio, they were always good matches against them, but yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh for loosing schoma roma :D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
according to soccerage :

03/19/2004. A representative of Auxerre defender Philippe Mexes has confirmed that Juventus and Roma are interested in the player.

"Every 15 days, we know an observer from Juve is here to watch him," he said.

"From what I know, Roma would be one of the first clubs to have started following Mexes."

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
yes, hope moggi will bring him to delle alpi. also if thuram is not leaving, it would be easier for juve to bring him to turin.
guys, did you hear anything about gilardino ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)