Mexes in Old Lady link (2 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
ferrari over mexes?:eek:

are you drunk or something?:D
:LOL:

No, but Ferrari is much more experienced than Mexes, and thats what you need in central def. IMO!

Ferrari has everything you have to have as a defender. Experience, as he is young, but already played a bunch of seasons and even at Inter. He has speed, is a leader and an Italian, who are IMO the best defenders.

Mexes would have to adopt the Italian play, and he is way to young! Give him some time. I tell you, this guy is a bomb and will be one of the best in some years, but the reason he still plays at Auxere is, that he is way to unexperienced to lead a Juve, ManU or Real defence.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

No, but Ferrari is much more experienced than Mexes, and thats what you need in central def. IMO!

Ferrari has everything you have to have as a defender. Experience, as he is young, but already played a bunch of seasons and even at Inter. He has speed, is a leader and an Italian, who are IMO the best defenders.

Mexes would have to adopt the Italian play, and he is way to young! Give him some time. I tell you, this guy is a bomb and will be one of the best in some years, but the reason he still plays at Auxere is, that he is way to unexperienced to lead a Juve, ManU or Real defence.
very true, experience somehow determinds the ability of a defender

Jul 28, 2002
as everybody surely know's im a huge mexes fan, but this is pure speculation..im not that happy cos its not sayin owt at all about us getting him so :down:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35

The way I see it is that Ferrari has more experience and is proven in Serie A, while Mexes has loads and loads of potential, therefore the best thing to do would be to get both of them!

Our current defense boasts endless experience, but lacks the speed and skill which Ferrari and Mexes are capable of offering, so if we show Ferrara and Montero the door, what we lose in experience is made up for in ability and the advantages of youth.

Selling Thuram is also a debatable move, and I'd definitely let him go for +10m if we could get Trabelsi on a free. That would be ideal imo; Thuram, Ferrara, and Montero out, Trabelsi, Ferrari and Mexes in. That leaves Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Tudor and possibly Iuliano and Pessotto as subs.

first team defence:

Trabelsi - Ferrari - Mexes - Zambrotta

second team:

Birindelli - Tudor - Legrottaglie - Pessotto

That's much better than our current back-line(s) as far as I'm concerned. Let's hope that Moggi can make it happen.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    Right, that's what I've done basically. The only survivor of my transfer campaign is Zambrotta, and few can argue with that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah, I agree wit you Lacki, but Mexes and Ferrari in the place of Ferrara and Montero would be absolutely amazing. We would have a better defence than Roma. Montero I think should pack his bags as well, but he has been a good Juve servant.

Forza Juve, die Roma, I live Bianconeri.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

i agree with waht you've said,but what mexes has in abundance over ferrari is talent. and talent can overcome experience and unfamiliarity.

and french players usually do well with juve:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)