Metal, in all shapes and sizes (3 Viewers)

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #723
    Opinions on High on Fire?

Fucken amazing if you ask me. Luminiferous is kicking my ass.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #725
    Haven't listend to Luminiferous yet but the older stuff sounded to me like a mix of Mastodon and Motorhead, can't go wrong there. Good stuff!
    I haven't been through all their records. The only album I went balls deep into is Snakes For The Divine, which is fucking amazing.

I just noticed that every time one of their songs comes around on my Spotify mix it's amazing. Might have to go through all their records soon.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    I haven't been through all their records. The only album I went balls deep into is Snakes For The Divine, which is fucking amazing.

I just noticed that every time one of their songs comes around on my Spotify mix it's amazing. Might have to go through all their records soon.
    While at it check out King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard's latest album "Infest The Rats' Nest". They're normally a weird psychedelic experimental band but they went full old school thrash metal on that album, it kicks some serious ass!

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #727
    While at it check out King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard's latest album "Infest The Rats' Nest". They're normally a weird psychedelic experimental band but they went full old school thrash metal on that album, it kicks some serious ass!

On the list for tonight.

Check out High on Fire - The Cave when you get the time. :tuttosport:

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    good news: dave lombardo rejoined testament. :mark: the gathering is an all-time great thrash metal record, the chemistry between the older band members (billy, peterson) and the new guys (lombardo, di giorgio) was awesome. and this is one of the best opening songs on any record:

testament gigs were rarely casual, this is gonna be fun live (provided we have a concert season in europe lol)

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #734
    Cant stop listening to High on Fire lately. What a band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #737
    Mastodon really pulled it off with Hushed and Grim tho. Great return to form after The Hunter which was meh and two straight up bland records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    wow, that's some nostalgic and modern shit at the same time. this band is full of ex in flames members, and while they didn't recreate the legendary jester race record, their record is more "in flames 2022" than in flames themselves. good stuff despite the obvious in flames references.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    not a fan of metalcore, still, i've been on a huge while she sleeps kick lately. i've always been a fan of good songwriting, be it beatles, rick astley, manu katché, morbid angel or prong: a hit is a hit, regardless of the orchestration. and these guys know how to write some catchy stuff.

last one is super fun to play on guitar too:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)