Metal, in all shapes and sizes (4 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I agree. But there's something about the vibe, the atmosphere of SBS that, at least for me, makes it stand out as the best among the three.
I Know what you mean. It is the most polished and mature and has the best production of the three. It's my favorite tbh.

There are some funny stories from around that time when they became friends with Wakeman, introducing him to heavier drugs and one of the reasons he left Yes. :lol:

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
very meh, hipster metal
Maybe cause it really isn't metal, it's Stoner. Stoner doesn't necessarily have to sound metal. There's just as much psychedelic elements in 90's/modern Stoner as Metal. Some bands focus more on that 70's hard rock sound with fuzzy reverberized psychedelic 60's guitars which is the case with that band (If you listen to their other stuff), others go all Sabbath/80's NWOHM/low tunning/darker elements.

They got some cool riffs and if you're into fuzzy guitars...

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #189
    It is.

Honestly i see it as the trilogy Master, Vol 4 and SBS as the best Stoner Rock records or what would become Stoner Rock records out there.

@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=15700" target="_blank">ZoSo</a> check this out

That's fucking awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

While we're on the subject of stoner rock/metal. I haven't listened to this PEARL in years.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    it could be bs but the original article quotes danny who said that 'they would enter the studio to begin tracking their new album sometime in June or July' (2013 of course). so if that is true then it does seem that they really could have finished it by now.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
    I really hope to hear something new and refreshing from Tool this time. Tired of the same bullshit.

Even more tired of having to wait half a decade or more for half a record. :stuckup:

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
    it's been allmost 8 years :lol: damnit i need a new album... i don't care if it is refreshing or the same as allways... just give me a new album
    :lol: I know the feeling. Although 10k days disappointed me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album but for the time we had to wait it was simply not good enough. Too many sub-par tracks on the second half of the album. If i'm gonna wait a DECADE give me something as good as Lateralus or fuck off. :(

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Rosetta Stoned is one of their best songs... the buildup and the 'overwhelmed as one would be...' part is maybe my favourite part in any Tool song. Although for epic I don't think you can beat the last minute and a half of The Patient and Schism.

Right In Two is amazing too. I assume you must be referring to Intension and Viginti Trees which I agree with.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
    Rosetta Stoned is one of their best songs... the buildup and the 'overwhelmed as one would be...' part is maybe my favourite part in any Tool song. Although for epic I don't think you can beat the last minute and a half of The Patient and Schism.

Right In Two is amazing too. I assume you must be referring to Intension and Viginti Trees which I agree with.
    RS has it's moments IMO, i like it but i guess not as much as you do. It has fantastic lyrics though, and i like the fact they were experimenting with new elements, that's always welcomed. It was a pretty entertaining song to see live in 2007.

Right in two is a pretty meh song to Tool's standard, and yes, i was referring to Intension/Viginti Trees and the instrumental tracks. I love instrumental musci in general and i love it when they feel and sound kinda connected to the rest of the album, that's not the case in 10k days.

When you wait that long you expect a lot. And those excuses of songs weren't enough to fill that hole.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #199
    :lol: I know the feeling. Although 10k days disappointed me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album but for the time we had to wait it was simply not good enough. Too many sub-par tracks on the second half of the album. If i'm gonna wait a DECADE give me something as good as Lateralus or fuck off. :(
    100% in agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)