Metal, in all shapes and sizes (8 Viewers)

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #361
    I must be he only one not digging Ember City as much. Chimes, Tread, Feast, Aunt and Halloween are the highlights of the album for me. All in all its a terrific album.

Whats this talk of them putting out an LP soon?

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I think they said they have some darker heavier songs which didn't make it on the album but they will maybe release an EP in winter, I think they said maybe even another album with that stuff on it.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #363
    Two Mastodon albums in a year? :tuttosport:

--

Tread Lightly directly replaces Sleeping Giant as the nr. 10 on my list btw :D . HUGE RIFF

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Definitely the best album so far vocally imo...

'Open your eyes, take a deep and breath and return to life'

'And if we're slipping away, what do I say to you? what do I say to you?'

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Halloween is awesome too, didn't get me at first but I love it now. Verses are awesome and dat brann chorus, plus dat 3:45 riff under the solo is fucking crazy awesome.

Brann is an awesome vocalist

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #366
    I agree.

I'm still listening to the album at least once per day. Can't seem to get enough :D. Has it sunk in with you yet? @ZoSo @King of Kings

- - - Updated - - -

I can't decide what is the best track on the album, Chimes at Midnight, Tread Lightly or Halloween? Chimes at Midnight is so bone crushing. Fucking incredible.

Apr 15, 2006
    I gave it a listen, and I'm just finding it too difficult to get into any new metal music these days. I'm gonna give this a few more spins and will do the same for the next Opeth album. If I still feel the same, then I'm just gonna stop listening to metal altogether. Besides, it's not like I listen to a lot of it right now anyway!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Was trying to study for fryday exam (wich is boring as fuck), yet all the neighbours decide again to all work in their garden with heavy machinery.

One is sawing down tree's, one is removing a concrete wall with a heavy duty circular saw, one is knocking down poles, one is drilling holes, and another has put up some schlager music

Time to go training and put an album of Cradle of Filth on thundering volume.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #370
    Was trying to study for fryday exam (wich is boring as fuck), yet all the neighbours decide again to all work in their garden with heavy machinery.

One is sawing down tree's, one is removing a concrete wall with a heavy duty circular saw, one is knocking down poles, one is drilling holes, and another has put up some schlager music

Time to go training and put an album of Cradle of Filth on thundering volume.
    Try the new Mastodon album. You will bench 600, easily.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Try the new Mastodon album. You will bench 600, easily.
    Hell, I'm benching 600 now because of it. Who needs steroids and diet coke. Just give me some Mastodon

- - - Updated - - -

I agree.

I'm still listening to the album at least once per day. Can't seem to get enough :D. Has it sunk in with you yet? @ZoSo @King of Kings

- - - Updated - - -

I can't decide what is the best track on the album, Chimes at Midnight, Tread Lightly or Halloween? Chimes at Midnight is so bone crushing. Fucking incredible.

Yeah, it's a pretty amazing record. I was a little worried with their last work, although I adore Curl of the Burl and Blasteroid.

But this album? Oh yeah. It's got to be the Metal record of the year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    It's off the hooks :D . How long since the debut aæbum before you can make it into the rrhof?
    25 years.

And I have boycotted anything to do with the RRHOF until Deep Purple gets in

- - - Updated - - -

And as we speak I'm watching the Lionel Richie video "Hello"

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #374
    Yeah, it's a pretty amazing record. I was a little worried with their last work, although I adore Curl of the Burl and Blasteroid.

But this album? Oh yeah. It's got to be the Metal record of the year.
    They have pretty much ruined metal for me. No other band has their drive and hunger or ingenuity if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

25 years.

And I have boycotted anything to do with the RRHOF until Deep Purple gets in

- - - Updated - - -

And as we speak I'm watching the Lionel Richie video "Hello"
    Yeah, Deep Purple is a no brainer. Didnt even know this lol.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I just listened to it like 5 times on repeat while building my new PC :D

I'd say it's sunk in now and I'm enjoying it more each time.

Best is definitely too hard to choose I'd say any of those or also Asleep in the Deep, Ember City or Diamond in the Witch House. The start of the second verse in Diamond at 1:25 is epic as shit.

- - - Updated - - -

love scott kelly's vox too. you should get into Neursosis if you haven't. Through Silver in Blood and Times of Grace are killer.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #376
    Strangely enough, Diamond is the only track which feels out of place. It sounds like it belongs on Leviathan, doesnt work very well with the rest of the album.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I disagree, that's why it's so awesome :D

Chimes at Midnight is full on Leviathan too in the really thrashy parts of the verses i.e. 1:10

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #380
    I disagree, that's why it's so awesome :D

Chimes at Midnight is full on Leviathan too in the really thrashy parts of the verses i.e. 1:10
    Yeah it is, but somehow it functions within the context of the album.

Just put it on again, gonna listen to it from one end to the other again. It's really coming together for me now, definitely an album worthy of Mastodon. The Motherload is such a fun song, it's pure pop but damnit it functions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)