Messi vs C.Ronaldo (57 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
European? So Maradona and Pele are still better?
Lol @ people who still think someone like Pele is anyway involved these GOAT discussions. Fool played in an era when players drank, smoked, could be fat and teams lined up with four attackers and two defenders. No fucking shit he scored a bunch of goals.

A Messi or Ronaldo would score double digits almost every game in a game of 2-4-4 formations.

Buy on AliExpress.com

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
World Cup is overrated.
It is much tougher to win CL or some top european league like La Liga or EPL now or Serie A in 90's.
Pele is bit overrated but still huge legend.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lol @ people who still think someone like Pele is anyway involved these GOAT discussions. Fool played in an era when players drank, smoked, could be fat
nice try:

and teams lined up with four attackers and two defenders. No fucking shit he scored a bunch of goals.
nice try2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_Intercontinental_Cup
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_Intercontinental_Cup

A Messi or Ronaldo would score double digits almost every game in a game of 2-4-4 formations.
nice try3:

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/matches/round=2000884/match=2021709/index.html

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Your ignorance knows no bounds. Pundits, critics, and experts all place Pele as one of the greats, if not the greatest for a reason. No, but Sir Kyle of Jewgold, a Tuzzer on an online Juventus forum sitting behind a computer somewhere in Murica, an office worker with no ties or affinity to the sport, aside from being a supporter of a football club, in his infinite wisdom, knows better. Go to sleep man.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Your ignorance knows no bounds. Pundits, critics, and experts all place Pele as one of the greats, if not the greatest for a reason. No, but Sir Kyle of Jewgold, a Tuzzer on an online Juventus forum sitting behind a computer somewhere in Murica, an office worker with no ties or affinity to the sport, aside from being a supporter of a football club, in his infinite wisdom, knows better. Go to sleep man.
Isn’t it said that there’s a lot of footage missing of Pele’s Goals because of the tech back then? How do we even know his accomplishments are true? I don’t expect all these pundits and critics to have been able to follow soccer in any sort of intimate relation. They probably listened to the radio and read newspapers. Kyle has most likely seen way more football matches than they have, thus making him his rating more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Also lol @ whoever said Ronaldo doesn’t flop.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Isn’t it said that there’s a lot of footage missing of Pele’s Goals because of the tech back then? How do we even know his accomplishments are true? I don’t expect all these pundits and critics to have been able to follow soccer in any sort of intimate relation. They probably listened to the radio and read newspapers. Kyle has most likely seen way more football matches than they have, thus making him his rating more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Also lol @ whoever said Ronaldo doesn’t flop.
I'm not disputing that both Ronaldo and Messi are greats in their own right; they defined a generation, an era of football. However, we can't discard or ignore the accomplishments of legends past, or laugh off the suggestion that a player like Maradona, Pele, or even Zidane can be regarded a GOAT.

It's like those who use statistics to argue that Lebron is the GOAT. I've never been convinced, still am not, and never will be.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Did you have another round of hormone shots today? You sound awfully bitchy.

Anyway I don't think its that difficult to fathom how radically different a sport it would have been with five forwards on the pitch in era when athletes and sports science couldn't handle a candle to what those at the top level of the game are capable of today.

I'm curious Are you actually disputing any of the points I have made?

ie a Ronaldo, a Messi probably even most top attackers today would have absolutely dominated in something like that? That it is not insanely harder to score on a consistent basis when defenders are way more tactically and physically capable today, teams are much more disciplined, organized and play with a defend first mentality and a technical genius can be a Serie C player if he isn't physically or tactically up to snuff?

Is any of that actually not true or are you just "hurr durr you're an Americunt you don't know shit"ing?

- - - Updated - - -

It's like those who use statistics to argue that Lebron is the GOAT. I've never been convinced, still am not, and never will be.
Aren't you simply using statistics (Pele's goal record) to say he is GOAT though too? Don't tell me you've actually seen dozens of whole games of Pele :howler:

I can accept that Pele, for his time, might have dominated in a comparable manner but please pro athletes from 60s don't compare at all to ones from today. And that is on top of all the other shit I mentioned about tactics being way more offensive etc

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Some guys are so dumb that it's hard to believe they don't do it on purpose.

Comparing a region (even one like UCL) event that takes place every single year against one that include the entire world, every 4 year and with the pressure of a whole country on your shoulders like they were exactly the same is just :sergio: seriouly they are just to dumb to breath

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
My father watched Pele and he considers him to be the greatest

I value his opinion highly unlike the armchair analysts in here berating this legend of the game without having watched him play.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Once again, nobody has actually disputed the valid points I made about substantial changes in the game since the 60s. Instead your counter is that geezer pundits and experds from the good old days rate him and that my daddy watched Pele when he was a boy and liked him.

The very same pundits and experds who we bash here constantly as a majority think the EPL is the best league in the world, Juventus are filthy negative guidos and Harry Kane for Balon D'or. But they are suddenly credible when they support an opinion you like :tup: :tup:

Pundits play to an audience, of course they benefit by overly romanticizing the greats of old. People love that shit, especially older people who are uncomfortable with the fact some 22 y/o is making more money in a year than they have in 30 years. "oh yea well he's nowhere near as good as the players I liked when I was 12!"

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Once again, nobody has actually disputed the valid points I made about substantial changes in the game since the 60s. Instead your counter is that geezer pundits and experds from the good old days rate him and that my daddy watched Pele when he was a boy and liked him.

The very same pundits and experds who we bash here constantly as a majority think the EPL is the best league in the world, Juventus are filthy negative guidos and Harry Kane for Balon D'or. But they are suddenly credible when they support an opinion you like :tup: :tup:

Pundits play to an audience, of course they benefit by overly romanticizing the greats of old. People love that shit, especially older people who are uncomfortable with the fact some 22 y/o is making more money in a year than they have in 30 years. "oh yea well he's nowhere near as good as the players I liked when I was 12!"
i did, but you continued to use the same arguments i made invalid above, so guessed there is no point arguing you

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i did, but you continued to use the same arguments i made invalid above, so guessed there is no point arguing you

- - - Updated - - -

The links you posted above? Were those not in support of my argument? kind of seemed like they were.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I personally dont know if Messi&Ronaldo are the best ever
I can say Messi is IMO the best player I have ever seen (including youtubes) but despite his accomplishments I dont see Ronaldo as the best and Im not even sure about second best
Maradona was prior to me watching football so I just watched youtubes of him - He looked amazing even though I personally discredit him from winning that WC since its not exactly a valid goal (if it was an offside goal I`ll let it go but its an intentional hand ball) In this WC Maradona would have seen red...
Cruyff also looked amazing and so are Platini and Zidane.. Its hard to say who is the ultimate best as there are many great players in history but if I have to choose I`d say Messi and then probably Maradona
Cruyff Platini Zidane and C.Ronaldo are definitely in the top 10
There is one player though I`d say would put all behind him should he not get injured and its the Brazilian Ronaldo who was just unstoppable prior to his injury

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)