Messi vs C.Ronaldo (53 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't understand this logic. If France won on penalties does it really make that big a difference to his ability as a player?

Did Messi have an outstanding game today? I don't think he did, he gave away the ball cheaply for an equaliser and drifted in/out of the match. Di Maria and Martinez had more of an impact today.

I wouldn't say he carried Argentina this tournament to the same level that Zidane ran the show for France, Ronaldo for Brazil or even Modric has for Croatia in the past.

For me he's a better player than Ronaldo but today didn't really have any bearing on that.
All that will not be remembered though by the public. They'll remember that Messi won the world cup and that, along with the other things he accomplished will make him the GOAT. You can argue about some of his Golden Balls being undeserved, some of his biggest victories being with help from refs, but 99% of people won't care about that

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
All that will not be remembered though by the public. They'll remember that Messi won the world cup and that, along with the other things he accomplished will make him the GOAT. You can argue about some of his Golden Balls being undeserved, some of his biggest victories being with help from refs, but 99% of people won't care about that
Messi will stay GOAT for a long long time. No way someone repeats his accomplishments, simply no way.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Messi will stay GOAT for a long long time. No way someone repeats his accomplishments, simply no way.
Depends on how long a career Mbappe has. In terms of numbers he’s already ahead of Messi, not to mention he’s a World Cup winner and will most definitely break Klose’s World Cup record maybe even in the next edition.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Statistically Messi won it, but I would still take CR if I had one to choose from in their prime. That 5 years run in CL for Madrid Ronaldo was unstoppable, he bought me there.
That wasn't even prime Ronaldo. He slowed down so much and his involvement was pretty much limited to the final third to get on the end of something. His influence on games was very little but if he got a chance he ended up burying it into the back of the net.

He really doesn't compare to Messi in terms of overall play and influence on the attack of the team.

He did very well to drag himself into the same conversation as Messi with his goalscoring but I think you really can't compare as Messi is on another level as a footballer to Ronaldo.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Messi had a great goal against Mexico in the group stage and a great assist against Netherlands, overall a very good tournament for him. not nearly as good as he was in 2014 though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)