Merih Demiral (35 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well if he was better this season I doubt that he was worse than Matijis "handball" de Ligt in the previous seasons.
I wonder if he was better than MDL in 2018-2019?

Oh wait, Bremer who is two years older than De Ligt made 5 appearances for Torino while De Ligt was captaining Ajax to CL victories over Juventus.

Bremer can prove to be better in the long run but for now he is very much unproven. Definitely not a guarantee to be a success here unlike Koulibaly for example.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I wonder if he was better than MDL in 2018-2019?

Oh wait, Bremer who is two years older than De Ligt made 5 appearances for Torino while De Ligt was captaining Ajax to CL victories over Juventus.

Bremer can prove to be better in the long run but for now he is very much unproven. Definitely not a guarantee to be a success here unlike Koulibaly for example.
Who cares what he did for Ajax.
For Juve he is a dud. That's the reality of the situation. A 85 million disappointment.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well. I am not the only one saying it.
Stats prove it and professional football people claim it. So don't just take my word for it.
You're comparing what he does for Torino to MDL playing for Juve, then dismissing what MDL did for Ajax.

All I'm saying is that is not a given that he will be able to do for Juve for what he did for Torino. He is not proven at a high level. That doesn't mean we shouldn't get him.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You're comparing what he does for Torino to MDL playing for Juve, then dismissing what MDL did for Ajax.

All I'm saying is that is not a given that he will be able to do for Juve for what he did for Torino. He is not proven at a high level. That doesn't mean we shouldn't get him.
Well I can't dismiss Bremer until he plays for a first rate club and fails can I?
Until then both of them played in the same league. One of them played for a first rate club and the other for a second rate club.
The one that played for a second rate club with theoretically worse teammates did better, in the same league, => at this point in time Bremer is better that de Ligt.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well I can't dismiss Bremer until he plays for a first rate club and fails can I?
Until then both of them played in the same league. One of them played for a first rate club and the other for a second rate club.
The one that played for a second rate club with theoretically worse teammates did better, in the same league, => at this point in time Bremer is better that de Ligt.
Yes, Bremer is in better form than MDL.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Wouldn't mind getting him back. Posted he reminded me of a tough M Matterazzi which got lots of hate here without knowing the history of Juve/ Inter. That said I don't believe he was as bad as posters made him out to be at ATA. Only 24 and remember him wanting more playing time which Juve didn't want to hand instead of the club wanting him gone. Right now only MDL I consider a guarantee of quality play in Juve's CB position. Add him and Gatti and Max is set for 22-23 season. Forget CB's and put the money for LB and RB.

ATA had so many injuries that I believe made other players appear not as good as they should have been. Getting needed MF will help back and forward lines without any added players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)