Merih Demiral (92 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
No but he can be with regular playing time and partnership with MDL, which Chiellini is/will be preventing for another year. Great.
Hmm. Personally, I'd try to field the best team. Demiral isn't part of that.

Of course, young(er) players need playing time to improve. So I'm not necessarily against that, if the young player in question is a "hot prospect". Someone like De Ligt, for example. Or maybe Kulusevski, who has probably gotten more minutes than "deserved" based on his performances.
But Demiral? What is so great about him, that you'd willingly weaken the team just to give him more minutes? I don't see it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I feel like people either are forgetting or didn’t see Demiral with Sass and Turkey. If ya did he would have definitely been a “hot prospect” which is why we bought him.

If he sucks under Allegri then sell him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I feel like people either are forgetting or didn’t see Demiral with Sass and Turkey. If ya did he would have definitely been a “hot prospect” which is why we bought him.

If he sucks under Allegri then sell him.
i think that most of us realize that he's a very talented, 'classic' cb: rough, ruthless, physical, full of grinta, with great timing. he's basically a young chiellini, with better tackling and shittier passing.

he gets the criticism based on one thing: his injuries. he lacks playtime, he's rusty af, so his timing falls apart, late and mistimed tackles become an issue. it's all right. all he probably needs is a proper pre-season.

he'll still get sold, only because he's one of the most obvious players to sell when we need some plusvalenza. there's not a single player besides him whose sale would result in a 40m plusvalenza. we're full of overpaid and/or expensive players unfortunately.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Have you seen young Chiellini?
Yes, Ive seen young Chiellini and he was on entirely different level than Demiral. I can see some similarities as they both like rushing into tackles, gritty, very physical but Chiellini read the game better and seemed more intelligent, which allowed him to advance further in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying young players cant improve? Thats just not true.

But I AM saying that 37 y.o. players definitely cant get better, in fact definitely will get worse with each passing month, especially an injury prone one like Chiello.
Some aspects can, others cannot. Unfortunately Demiral cant gain 50 IQ points more with age. And yes, Chiellini is still far better defender.

- - - Updated - - -

probably should have kept him, but it is what it is, from the players we could sell, he can fetch the highest fee, so its no brainer if 40m + offer comes in.
I wouldnt sell him unless big offer arrives, as we have other priorities but he isnt as reliable defender as some make it sound.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yes, Ive seen young Chiellini and he was on entirely different level than Demiral. I can see some similarities as they both like rushing into tackles, gritty, very physical but Chiellini read the game better and seemed more intelligent, which allowed him to advance further in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Some aspects can, others cannot. Unfortunately Demiral cant gain 50 IQ points more with age.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt sell him unless big offer arrives, as we have other priorities but he isnt as reliable defender as some make it sound.
People's problem with Demiral seems to be his decision making, and that definitely can be improved with experience.

Keep.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
People's problem with Demiral seems to be his decision making, and that definitely can be improved with experience.

Keep.
Maybe but it doesnt come natural to him. Decision making is hard to improve as u go against your natural instincts. Situations when he doesnt have time to think but needs to react in split of a second, will remain an issue. Lets see.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Think the guy has potential but if 40 million is the price than hopefully management can get some MF players. Though another CB could be needed. Curious if a team will pay lots of cash for a Demiral, maybe they believe he could become something special? And Juve might be giving up on the wrong player(s)?

Yes Ramsey, Rabiot, Berna, etc etc have big salaries but nobody knocking on Juve's door for them. The guy has #3's type mentality and like to see him stay. Get rid of real garage before this guy.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Of course..we fix the midfield this summer and think chiellini and bonucci are the men capable of staying fit and healthy to partner MDL all season. Im not saying chiellini has gone senile a d forgotten how to defend..but I just can't see his body keeping up anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)