Merih Demiral (21 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Ubkess a ridiculous offer is made then he stays. But I certainly hope allegri doesn't think bonucci or even chiellini for that matter are good enough to partner MDL.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Ubkess a ridiculous offer is made then he stays. But I certainly hope allegri doesn't think bonucci or even chiellini for that matter are good enough to partner MDL.
Well, so far they have been better to partner him. Demiral might be one for the future, but he isn't better than our veterans yet. That notion that he has to start over Chiello for example is mind-boggling. That can only come from people with a youth fetish.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Aside from initial flashes at the start of last season, Demiral has been very poor... not sure he’s a “hot” prospect any longer. Maybe lukewarm or tepid at this point.

So you might want to rephrase that to “tepid prospect” :)
I like how you say that as if Demiral is an ice cool customer in the penalty area, lol.
It can be forgiven for a 23 year old. Unacapptable for the captain of the team.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
MDL was horrible his first few months here. Yet he continued to play. Chiellini had like one good game in months. Holding on to past glories can become a cancer over time.
To make changes for no apparent reason can be a cancer too as we've seen over the course of the last seasons. Being risky, doing something new just for the sake of it isn't always paying off.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Hes too nervous, rushes into tackles, commits unnecesary fouls... He can play 10 years here, but this wont change.
Are you saying young players cant improve? Thats just not true.

But I AM saying that 37 y.o. players definitely cant get better, in fact definitely will get worse with each passing month, especially an injury prone one like Chiello.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So because MDL had octopus tentacles the first few months, it’s acceptable that Demiral has been very poor for 18 months? :shifty:
Nope, just saying that even someone with the talent of MDL can be horrible at a new club. We can’t keep throwing away talents just because they might have poor spells.

By the way do you ever sleep? It’s like 5 am over there :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Does anyone actually think current Demiral is better than current Chiellini anyway?

If so, I would suggest watching a game every once in a while.
No but he can be with regular playing time and partnership with MDL, which Chiellini is/will be preventing for another year. Great.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I am not completely against selling him if someone comes in with 40m. That's going to be a big plusvalenza, you can spend that on midfielders and then next summer maybe have more money to buy a long term CB.

But if it's under 40m I don't think it makes much of a difference and I'd prefer to keep him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)