Merih Demiral (31 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I love the thought of just sell for plenty of cash. WTF, guy has shown enough good, grinta-like performances so far. And who do you get with that plenty of cash received? Isn't costing much right now and if healthy i would see him in there every day of the week over over-paid Bonucci. Same with Drag. Too physically strong players along with MDL on the backline for the future. Unless they play enough how can we properly evaluate them? I have seen enough of Bonucci and it won't get any better.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I absolutely love him and don't want to sell but reality unfortunately is that he is very injury prone, and with his playstyle it's gonna be a problem for his whole career. We need a reliable defender who can be counted upon every match day. I'd start him over Bonucci but only one of these players stays fit for a whole season. However, if we do sell him it needs to be for a very high price, because there aren't many young defenders better than him talent-wise.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I imagine a lot will depend on who the incoming manager is.
Someone like Gasp who is happy to defend high and go man for man he would have a clear role.
A manager obsessed with playing out from the back like mr thesis, he becomes a bit of a liability and may be sold.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Do not sell. Yes, reasons posted on why to sell. Though management has shown of late they don't know how to spend money received wisely. Guy is still young especially with the total minutes played experience in his career at 5K. Bent has has 12K minutes and how much has he improved? If only 3 present CBs retained on this team for me, they are MDL, Dem, and Drag. I want physically imposing guys like this who are 6-2, 6-3 and 6-3 who aren't going to guys head in any goals. Forwards need to be worried where they move inside Juve's box. And maybe the trio might even get a couple of headers for Juve from corner kicks.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
For the reported 30m or more, I would definitely sell him. He's injury-prone and showed that he isn't the smartest defender. If his style of play relies on his physicality and he gets injured often, then what's the point.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
For the reported 30m or more, I would definitely sell him. He's injury-prone and showed that he isn't the smartest defender. If his style of play relies on his physicality and he gets injured often, then what's the point.
Good point but what CB do you buy for that 30? Plus yes he is a physical player but might be more?. Appears more teams interested in getting him over Bent. That tells me something. For what Dem's low cost is to Juve, no reason to see what he can do next season. That 30 mil will still be there next january/summer.

@duranfj Of course above all depends if he's still amongst the living?

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
sold kean now we want to buy him back
sold cancelo and we were then pushed to use cuadrado at RB
sold spinazzola and now forced to use bernardeschi and fabrotta in that position.

demiral is next. we will need a new CB next year because chiellini and bonucci will soon be gone.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Good point but what CB do you buy for that 30? Plus yes he is a physical player but might be more?. Appears more teams interested in getting him over Bent. That tells me something. For what Dem's low cost is to Juve, no reason to see what he can do next season. That 30 mil will still be there next january/summer.

@duranfj Of course above all depends if he's still amongst the living?
If our idea of a Demiral replacement is Romagnoli, then yes losing Demiral would hurt us. I really think Juve should stop looking for "Serie A proven" players and shop in minor European leagues for young talents. Lazio and Atalanta bring in some incredible talent from all over Europe and then we go and pay 50-60m to get them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)