Merih Demiral (22 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Difficult situation because I can't say any of CB are in form. Yes he made a mistake but frankly I think any of them could have done the same. At the moment only a few players are actually living up their expectations or above. The rest are below. Thing is in a league this sort of stuff can be forgotten and forgiven, CL knockouts is ruthless and I can only hope Demiral learns from this.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Frustrating to see him giving this penalty and some nasty words were thrown at him, but to be fair, the least of our problems, Porto player shouldnt get the ball in this spot in the first place, if u let opponent pass balls like this to your penalty area u should expect penalty.
but TBF i dont like his style, if we want to play possesion football we cant have CB who cant make simple pass. He is 100 % Chiellini type in his aggression but im not sure if defenders like this will work in current football.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Frustrating to see him giving this penalty and some nasty words were thrown at him, but to be fair, the least of our problems, Porto player shouldnt get the ball in this spot in the first place, if u let opponent pass balls like this to your penalty area u should expect penalty.
but TBF i dont like his style, if we want to play possesion football we cant have CB who cant make simple pass. He is 100 % Chiellini type in his aggression but im not sure if defenders like this will work in current football.
That depends.

If he's meant to be the 4th choice CB, then I agree.
If he's meant to be a starting CB, then it's a pretty big problem.

I'm talking about his current level, obviously. He's still a young guy, so who knows how he'll evolve. Right now, he's a pretty decent backup to have in the team.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This guy is a nerve wreck. Hes not a bad defender but with him around Im always afraid of potential red card or penalty. Hes highly strung. He acts before he thinks.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I hoped that he will turn into a new Montero, but unfortunately was proved the new Benatia.
Both him and Benatia are better defenders than skinnylegs, However managed to do worse damage...
If he makes any more starter demands again, he could be axed.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Very soft penalty. Especially when you compare it to the challenge on Ronaldo in the first leg,

But he needs to learn when to dive in and when to just hold your ground. He has made this mistake a few times this season and given away cheap fouls.
Look at the replay several times. I still think that Demiral got his foot in front of Porto player to get the ball from the left. Foul on Ronaldo at the end of 1st leg even clearer than this one

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I just don't think he'll ever become a truly great defender. He's good at making those dramatic, last-ditch tackles that he loves so much and is good at winning aerial duels. Everything else though, just seems to switch on and off. Hopefully I'm wrong though if he ends up staying. But if a big offer comes in, I think we should consider it.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I just don't think he'll ever become a truly great defender. He's good at making those dramatic, last-ditch tackles that he loves so much and is good at winning aerial duels. Everything else though, just seems to switch on and off. Hopefully I'm wrong though if he ends up staying. But if a big offer comes in, I think we should consider it.
Still young still young still young.

Unlike Dybaby.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Big offer :rofl:

Like free and we pay half his wage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)