Merih Demiral (12 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I'd probably be thinking the same in his position. I'm sure he will be watching the numerous mistakes Bonucci is making and thinking he could do better but is concerned that regardless of their own performances Bonucci will get the start.

That attitude of persisting with the old and not picking players on merit is how you create disharmony in a squad and lose talented young players. Traditionally Juve have rarely been sentimental and been good at this. However, with Bonucci it feels different, I could see him being a starter until 2024 which is a worry.
It happened with Benatia, it could happen with Demiral. Hope he dont go to Atletico otherwise Simeone will make him a beast.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Hope Demiral finally starts on Sunday. Rumors only or whatever read where Juve has placed a 45m value on him? I highly doubt with lack of depth in the BL that they would even think about letting him go. Problem is if he continues not given a chance to start, like all players, they sulk and make demands and eventually must be allowed to leave. Some people might say the 45M is a good amount to get, do it, but tell me who do you get for that amount? I say not nearly enough for a player who possibly has the skills to be MDL's partner for many years to come.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
You know I usually disapprove when a player start threatening the club to leave for more playing minutes. But I completely understand Demiral here. We all know how ridiculous it is to play this fragile and old Bonucci over him.
I understand that, but it's not exactly like he hasn't been continuously plagued with injuries. Would be very unreasonable if he demanded to leave on that basis

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Hope Demiral finally starts on Sunday. Rumors only or whatever read where Juve has placed a 45m value on him? I highly doubt with lack of depth in the BL that they would even think about letting him go. Problem is if he continues not given a chance to start, like all players, they sulk and make demands and eventually must be allowed to leave. Some people might say the 45M is a good amount to get, do it, but tell me who do you get for that amount? I say not nearly enough for a player who possibly has the skills to be MDL's partner for many years to come.
$45 million only?
If EPL or RM, Barca want him, they need to pay $80+.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He too had a rather solid game, correct me if i'm wrong but think this was the first time we saw the Demiral - Chiellini partnership starting or playing for as much as 60 mins together?

Hope we'll get to see it again at some point with both of them fully fit and in even better match-form while also having a stronger starting 11 around them when it happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)