Merih Demiral (35 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We're 7-9 points ahead in the table ffs. We can afford to lose to Milan too.
You're missing my point. How did Roma get Zaniolo match ready so quickly with the same injury at the same time as Demirals? What are we doing wrong? He literally just started training with he first team again I think.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You're missing my point. How did Roma get Zaniolo match ready so quickly with the same injury at the same time as Demirals? What are we doing wrong? He literally just started training with he first team again I think.
I'm pretty sure Demiral is match ready too. Just taking extra precautions. Dont forget Zaniolo is Roma's best player, Demiral is just another squad player for us for now.
Plus, forwards and middielders get subbed in all the time, CBs usually start their matches. No one wants to waste a sub on CBs.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You're missing my point. How did Roma get Zaniolo match ready so quickly with the same injury
It might say "ACL injury" for both players but you can't say it is the same injury, how the ligament is torn and surrounding damage is important.

If you remember the way both players got injured - Zaniolo's looked fairly innocuous running through midfield, his foot getting caught in the turf after some collision. Demiral's was falling from height and landing awkwardly. I would presume that Demiral's would be more traumatic.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm pretty sure Demiral is match ready too. Just taking extra precautions. Dont forget Zaniolo is Roma's best player, Demiral is just another squad player for us for now.
Plus, forwards and middielders get subbed in all the time, CBs usually start their matches. No one wants to waste a sub on CBs.
I hope you're right that he is technically ready. Then again, Juve probably didn't think Rugani would self-implode and shit his pants either LOL

Good point about Z being their best player. What a goal that was tho

- - - Updated - - -

It might say "ACL injury" for both players but you can't say it is the same injury, how the ligament is torn and surrounding damage is important.

If you remember the way both players got injured - Zaniolo's looked fairly innocuous running through midfield, his foot getting caught in the turf after some collision. Demiral's was falling from height and landing awkwardly. I would presume that Demiral's would be more traumatic.
True.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Demiral back in Juve training
By Football Italia staff

Merih Demiral is back in full training with Juventus for the first time since his devastating knee injury in January.
The Turkey international defender has been working separately on an individual training schedule, but a statement from the club today confirmed he is now part of the group routines.
Demiral suffered the injury during the same match that saw Nicolò Zaniolo tear his ACL on January 12.
Zaniolo has already returned to Serie A action and scored his first goal since the injury during yesterday’s 3-0 win over Brescia.
Demiral’s injury was slightly different, as damaged both the anterior cruciate ligament and the meniscus in his left knee. (@JuveJay )
It has therefore taken rather longer for him to return to training.
He could well be in the Juventus squad travelling to face his old club Sassuolo on Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

and @Elvin ^^

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Looking from the outside in it seems like Ronaldo took this guy under his wing before his injury. There was talk about them doing extra sessions together, and I saw the photos yesterday with him back. Looks like a popular guy.

I think Ronaldo can appreciate someone who puts that extra effort in to be the absolute best with the ability they have. One of Demiral's old coaches said that he wasn't the best player but he worked far harder than everyone else. You can see that in the way he plays, it's always 100%.

Great example to have here with CR7.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Looking from the outside in it seems like Ronaldo took this guy under his wing before his injury. There was talk about them doing extra sessions together, and I saw the photos yesterday with him back. Looks like a popular guy.

I think Ronaldo can appreciate someone who puts that extra effort in to be the absolute best with the ability they have. One of Demiral's old coaches said that he wasn't the best player but he worked far harder than everyone else. You can see that in the way he plays, it's always 100%.

Great example to have here with CR7.
EcunydeWoAAFGkM?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)