Merih Demiral (11 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He looked nervous and made some errors its not even a question, but I think most of us when see him playing can say that he has that grinta which we are all seeking from defender. Also he is pretty fast and wins every header - you cant say he is passive with his game. I really like it and im pretty sure he will do good here. He looks like a perfect partner for de Ligt imo.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah, he needs to be a bit more cautious inside the box. Giving away some free kicks isn't that serious, but conceding penalties is. Cancelo learned from his first game I hope Demiral does the same.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
No doubt he will. First game and nervous. No different to de ligt...both need to time to adapt.

Shit, Bonucci made a million errors in his first seasons under conte. Lol

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He looked nervous and made some errors its not even a question, but I think most of us when see him playing can say that he has that grinta which we are all seeking from defender. Also he is pretty fast and wins every header - you cant say he is passive with his game. I really like it and im pretty sure he will do good here. He looks like a perfect partner for de Ligt imo.
Agree 100%. Nothing this guy does is passive: tackling, heading, marking, hustling...he is pure grinta but we are going to reap the benefits if we are patient with him. There is a reason Chiellini's nickname is King Kong...the guy that came here straight from Fiorentina was a pure wrecking ball...he sill is, its only more controlled now.

I'm still not entirely sure why he is being given slack since its his first start for a massive club, jitters are normal. In all honesty, the PK he caused wasn't converted...that goal came after Bentancur lost the ball out on the left near the sideline after those two crazy rebounds...that led to the cross that ended up at Peloso's feet for the shot. Was still a foul and the PK call was right, but the goal ended up as someone else responsibility IMO :p

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
that goal came after Bentancur lost the ball out on the left near the sideline after those two crazy rebounds...that led to the cross that ended up at Peloso's feet for the shot. Was still a foul and the PK call was right, but the goal ended up as someone else responsibility IMO :p
It was Ronaldo, not Benta. You still can blame Benta for a goal, he didn't cover Veloso, but Benta covered for Bonbon who went in full attack mode, so it's possibly on Blaise or Cuads who didn't press Veloso.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It was Ronaldo, not Benta. You still can blame Benta for a goal, he didn't cover Veloso, but Benta covered for Bonbon who went in full attack mode, so it's possibly on Blaise or Cuads who didn't press Veloso.
I couldn't tell who lost the ball on the left b/c the camera panned so quickly to follow the ball movement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)