Merih Demiral (11 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I won't see it as plusvalenza if Juve end up selling him. He's a starter for his national team now, has a lot of self-believe and wants to be a great defender, no way he'll settle for 4th choice anywhere. And at the current Juve, the Italian defenders will get preference.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I won't see it as plusvalenza if Juve end up selling him. He's a starter for his national team now, has a lot of self-believe and wants to be a great defender, no way he'll settle for 4th choice anywhere. And at the current Juve, the Italian defenders will get preference.
Not that I disagree with not selling him, but surely the Italian defenders (you mean Chiellini and Bonucci) have warranted starting, at least for now? Bonucci will be popular with Sarri because of the way he plays. I hardly think Demiral can have a good pre-season and then think he is going to be starting ahead of those two.

Also, if nationalism was important we would see Rugani more.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Not that I disagree with not selling him, but surely the Italian defenders (you mean Chiellini and Bonucci) have warranted starting, at least for now? Bonucci will be popular with Sarri because of the way he plays. I hardly think Demiral can have a good pre-season and then think he is going to be starting ahead of those two.

Also, if nationalism was important we would see Rugani more.
Imo Bonucci doesn't warrant starting. If Demiral was sent on loan, lead his team to CL semifinals he still wouldn't start ahead of those two. But that said, defending is a team effort, and since Chiellini bonds with Bonucci (because of nationalism) they are a pair. I admit defending often works better that way, but my preference is different.

Also let's wait on Rugani's status. He was earmarked as for-sale because the club wanted to maximize plusvalenza, because he had a low book-value. If he stays, maybe he'll play more because Sarri.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Imo Bonucci doesn't warrant starting. If Demiral was sent on loan, lead his team to CL semifinals he still wouldn't start ahead of those two.
There's no way of knowing that.

I'm not a Bonucci fan because his last two years were awful, but it's not a surprise to see that partnership start the season. I think we get impatient to see players. In fact they're built up too much, then when Demiral comes in and makes an inevitable mistake it's deflation.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lol, some of you're way too gullible.

Ridic rumor. We aren't letting go one of the two young stud CBs we signed, who apparently was the best performer among defenders in preseason. And can even be a more defensive alt at RB late in games.

And judging by majority of comments, you'd think we had the worst mercato when it was decent overall even if not perfect.
did you forget about Caldara already?

Jun 6, 2015
What does "established" mean in this context?

You heard his name for longer and so thought was better?
Had been a starter in a better team for longer.

I have no clue how Caldara at Atalanta and Demiral at Sassuolo compare ability wise. Not seen enough of either to make a definite judgement on that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Had been a starter in a better team for longer.

I have no clue how Caldara at Atalanta and Demiral at Sassuolo compare ability wise. Not seen enough of either to make a definite judgement on that.
So, vociferous "definitely more established" = starter for Atalanta longer

But what does starter for Atalanta for longer mean in this context or in terms of point you're trying to make or what importance does it have? Esp since you said you "have no clue" about the two players?

You heard Caldara's name for longer and that makes you rank him higher?

Jun 6, 2015
So, vociferous "definitely more established" = starter for Atalanta longer

But what does starter for Atalanta for longer mean in this context or in terms of point you're trying to make or what importance does it have? Esp since you said you "have no clue" about the two players?

You heard Caldara's name for longer and that makes you rank him higher?
It's not about me ranking them in any order. As I already said more established for me at least means that Caldara had played more games in the Serie A for a better team. He was the more established player in our league at least. This should be pretty clear.

I obviously do have a clue about the players, but seeing 2-5 games of each + some youtube doesn't make me confident in saying who was the better player when they signed for Juve. Caldara has suffered two potential career ending injuries since then so obviously he's not the same player anymore.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
When we signed Dybala, I guess he was less established than...pick any random player whose club finished above Palermo and with whom he played longer.

But I still don't know what you mean by established or what's its importance. You already pointed out yourself that it has nothing to do with ability.

If you watched them each 5 times and remain "clueless," more games might not have made any difference.

Jun 6, 2015
When we signed Dybala, I guess he was less established than...pick any random player whose club finished above Palermo and with whom he played longer.

But I still don't know what you mean by established or what's its importance. You already pointed out yourself that it has nothing to do with ability.

If you watched them each 5 times and remain "clueless," more games might not have made any difference.
Nice analogy.

I see this has become quite an ordeal for you. I understand, some words are hard to understand.

That's me, clueless on judging players. Thankfully I have your superior judgement to lean on :heart:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

i dont get your point. Caldara played two years for a highly praised atalanta team and was well known for being a top rated prospect.

in case youve forgotten we actually bought him a long time (i believe 2 years) before he arrived.

Mar 9, 2006
i dont get your point. Caldara played two years for a highly praised atalanta team and was well known for being a top rated prospect.

in case youve forgotten we actually bought him a long time (i believe 2 years) before he arrived.
Caldara was amazing, should have stayed here instead of Bonucci, he's unbelievable talent that was ruined by by the injuries :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)