{merged} Which athletic shoe brand do you prefer? (1 Viewer)

River

Jun 15, 2004
I think its kinda sad that someone would buy shoes for the brand. And anyways a big brand logo on shoes like a nike swoosh dosent look nice at all. Infact how can anyone wear nike without feeling guilty? :D

Ive nothing against buying expensive shoes though if i like them. I just never buy any of those huge sweatshop brands.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I think the better thing is to have a survey on who's good enough to be/stay a mod.. with reasons and explanations..

like this
-------------------------------------------------------------
name of Mod: --------------
support this mod?:---yes---NO
why?:-------------
why again?:---------------
do you want to apply for a mod Position?:---yes---NO
if yes, why:-------
if NO, go to the next line.
do you have someone in your mind that you think is good to be a mod?: ---yes---NO
who?: -----
why?:------

thanks for your input..
post well.. bye.
-------------------------------------------------

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

But nike air or whatever or whatever, what is the difference?
there is a big difference, because everyone has his own kind of feet, some people's feet are more comfortable with Adidas than with Nike etc. For example I just can't run with Nike's shoes on, it hurts too much...

If you just choose them by the name, then your just fool...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Meh. Im not a communist. But i believe advertising is utter bullshit. Im showing my pont in the only way i know how.. sarcasm!:D
yeah, advertising is bullshit and all, but you're forgetting that some of these brands have actually earned their places in the top of their markets because they make better products than their competitors, they offer better quality FFS, so at least IMO you can pay a bit more for better quality... Dammit...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
yeah, advertising is bullshit and all, but you're forgetting that some of these brands have actually earned their places in the top of their markets because they make better products than their competitors, they offer better quality FFS, so at least IMO you can pay a bit more for better quality... Dammit...
I don't agree. These brands are in the position they are more because of marketing which has given them product recognition.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

I don't agree. These brands are in the position they are more because of marketing which has given them product recognition.
some of those aren't, for example Adidas just makes good shoes... but are those shoes etc. THAT good?! I don't know, probably not...

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #151
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

True. Its quite the opposite of what erkka says, these companys can get often get away with below par quality shoes just because they are a popular brand.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    my point is that those brands started from nothing, they had to earn their place in the top...

Nowadays they are staying in the top thanks to commercials, that's true... Nobody can argue with that...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    my point is that those brands started from nothing, they had to earn their place in the top...

Nowadays they are staying in the top thanks to commercials, that's true... Nobody can argue with that...
    To be blunt, I don't really care if Adidas made good runners in 1905. They don't now, which is all that matters.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #154
    Places at the top are earned by good buisness deals, and advertising. Macdolands grew to the top because they signed a deal with disney 'advertising' one another at their respective locations. Nike and addidas have come to the top because they were the first shoe brand which had the idea of making sponsership deals with football clubs, and national icons wearing their products, is great buisness.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I think that they actually make good shoes now too, at least those fit in my feet... But are those shoes far better than their competitors' shoes, I don't think so...

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #157
    I think that they actually make good shoes now too, at least those fit in my feet... But are those shoes far better than their competitors' shoes, I don't think so...
    this may come as a shock to you, but its only because of advertising you think that. Read the shoe quality for face value, addidas seems flashy and great because all the football stars wear it. At the moment in colonge, i think its a nike advert which is posted everywhere shows this black man jumping with these new ' dynamic shoes '. You make the connection without even relising that the shoes have made him do that, because that is the thing which is graphically highlighted on a computer, and seems to stand out. Hence, you want to play sport, you want to buy those shoes. Ill tell you something, i got a pair of studded nike shoes for christmas. It has nike air and crap like that. When we play on grass, i wear them, for the sole reason the studs grip better then my trainer sole. But i see no difference in how i play.. and the shoes are such a thin material. Popular brands overcharge people because they are 'popular' and are what people want.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #158
    hey, at least IMO Mcdonalds is pretty different than Adidas...
    macdonalds is the worst culprit of all this commercalism. But they get to the top with the same means.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

this may come as a shock to you, but its only because of advertising you think that. Read the shoe quality for face value, addidas seems flashy and great because all the football stars wear it. At the moment in colonge, i think its a nike advert which is posted everywhere shows this black man jumping with these new ' dynamic shoes '. You make the connection without even relising that the shoes have made him do that, because that is the thing which is graphically highlighted on a computer, and seems to stand out. Hence, you want to play sport, you want to buy those shoes. Ill tell you something, i got a pair of studded nike shoes for christmas. It has nike air and crap like that. When we play on grass, i wear them, for the sole reason the studs grip better then my trainer sole. But i see no difference in how i play.. and the shoes are such a thin material. Popular brands overcharge people because they are 'popular' and are what people want.
    :LOL: Bullshit, if I use nike's shoes, my feet hurts, even íf I saw Nike's commercials... Read my post in that training shoes thread of yours, will you...

Damn, I'd be glad if those Pumas for example fitted me, but they just don't, that's why I have to buy expensive New Balance's trainers... :wallbang:

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #160

:LOL: Bullshit, if I use nike's shoes, my feet hurts, even íf I saw Nike's commercials... Read my post in that training shoes thread of yours, will you...

Damn, I'd be glad if those Pumas for example fitted me, but they just don't, that's why I have to buy expensive New Balance's trainers... :wallbang:
    Tell me this. If addidas never started off with alot of money and never franchised their name, and werent a popular brand, would u of ever worn them? i think not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)