Merged Threads: Capello New Manager (4 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ok obviously you have no idea of what went on in the ANti-Totti thread where both me and Martin(who was called Alex at the time) had to defend Totti time and time again trying to convince the other that he was at least one of ITaly's 10best players... and that he was very promising. While insults where thrown on everything from his look, style, attitude, dialect to performances on the pitch
I have no memory of this, if anything I was with the haters on this one. In fact I started the Totti Non-Fan Club. I don't like Totti, I never have. I won't welcome him to Juve and I sincerely hope he'll never come. With Capello it's different, I respect his work and I think he's the best coach of those active. But I don't respect Totti and I think he's enourmously overrated. I will not welcome him to Juve and it would take a hell of a lot for him to change my mind about that.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd welcome Totti with open arms; right now I'd say he's probably in the top three players in the world, if not the best.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Many people tend to forget that Capello is a former Juventino (player) too. Roma (Sensi) didn't respect their contract with him and didn't fulfil it since he wasn't paid for months despite doing a great job with limited resources.

I'm looking forward for next season and would like to see whether Capello's tactics would suit our team. I expect Maresca to shine under Capello and even become an Azzurri star towards 2006.

Del Piero-Vieri? :drool:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I have no memory of this, if anything I was with the haters on this one. In fact I started the Totti Non-Fan Club. I don't like Totti, I never have. I won't welcome him to Juve and I sincerely hope he'll never come. With Capello it's different, I respect his work and I think he's the best coach of those active. But I don't respect Totti and I think he's enourmously overrated. I will not welcome him to Juve and it would take a hell of a lot for him to change my mind about that.
i'm with you pzyjaciel :D

dd_imp

Sep 26, 2002
I must admit I've never liked Capello. But very surprisingly when I saw the news I felt proud and glad we got him! :confused:

Maybe deep down inside I've known all along that he's good. It was just that anti-roma thing in me that got me blind.
:D

Well well, I'm glad our fan-and-coach relationship started well. And hope we'll celebrate soon!
;)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
How's the new apartment, Vincenzo?
Apartment ??? You mean house !!!!!!!

Its great- just put in a pool and hot tub ( and as soon as the pool went up, the weathers been cold- what luck !!!)

Sep 28, 2002
just checked roma section at xtratime. bunch of wankers all full of crap.

since when is juve roma's biggest rival. and only one LAZIO fan contradicted that.

and also what rather surprised me that actually quite a lot of romanistas were kinda happy that capello left. even more funny, the reasons for that are similar to those why wanted lippi to leave. makes one kinda pesimistic, doesnt it? :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I'd welcome Totti with open arms; right now I'd say he's probably in the top three players in the world, if not the best.
we all know that maybe Totti will cause some discussions in the team... but if we take in consideration just the skill facts... like u... Ill welcome him with Open arms.

He is a prick... but a talented individual like Totti, is a must to sign. One of the best, if not the best in Serie A.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
29.05.04| Football Italia
Buffon welcomes CapellO

Gianluigi Buffon is one of several Juventus stars who celebrated the news that Fabio Capello will be their Coach next season.

“Of course I’m overjoyed,” said the Azzurri goalkeeper. “This is a strong signal from the club and one that will no doubt have an effect.”

Capello will take over from Marcello Lippi for the next three years and should make sweeping changes to the squad, including the arrival of Jonathan Zebina and probably Emerson.

“This means that Juventus want to get back to winning ways immediately and not just by laying the foundations for a long-term project,” noted Buffon.

The Turin giants ended this campaign empty-handed after losing the Coppa Italia Final, an early exit from the Champions’ League and third-place finish in the Scudetto race.

Mauro German Camoranesi also learned of the news at Italy’s Coverciano training ground.

“Capello is a very prestigious Coach with a full trophy cabinet,” commented the Argentine-born winger.

“I’m very happy with this decision and his arrival is a very positive note for all Juventus fans."

"He did great things at Milan, Real Madrid and restored Roma to glory after their many years in the wilderness. Let’s hope he can help Juve to get back to winning ways as well.”

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Capello’s appointment was masterminded by Honorary President Umberto Agnelli, who passed away on Thursday night.

“It was Agnelli who wanted Capello on the Juventus bench,” explained President Franzo Grande Stevens.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

and also what rather surprised me that actually quite a lot of romanistas were kinda happy that capello left. even more funny, the reasons for that are similar to those why wanted lippi to leave. makes one kinda pesimistic, doesnt it? :D

No. They were just sore about his departure and tried to put up a brace face by making some really baseless comments about Capello.

Basically, they all started bashing him and finding faults once he left.

I shut them up real good but my posts got deleted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)