Mercatowatch (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
West Ham are a decent club, and they'll be in Europe next year for sure. They also have the best youth setup in England, with Anton and Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole and Jermane Defoe all coming out of it in the past few years. I don't think it's that bad a move.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yeah agreed Mikhail, i like them...play very nice football and always look ahead.If things go there way, we could see them in the CL next year

Jul 23, 2006
mikhail said:
West Ham are a decent club, and they'll be in Europe next year for sure. They also have the best youth setup in England, with Anton and Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole and Jermane Defoe all coming out of it in the past few years. I don't think it's that bad a move.
its a shame that they all suddenly improved as soon as they left west ham, although i agree they got an amazin youth setup.

Jul 23, 2006
sateeh said:
yeah agreed Mikhail, i like them...play very nice football and always look ahead.If things go there way, we could see them in the CL next year
they should think about uefa cup, cl is a bit too much, lets see if mascherano and tevez gel with the team, then we can make predictions. but in order to challenge for uefa champs league spots, they have to get one offensive mid and 2 defenders(1 center, and a wing back that can play both sides)

Aug 10, 2002
mikhail said:
If anyone can, it's him. There are some unknowns still though. How much money will Lerner give him? Is he as shrewd when he has a lot of money to spend or is he just fantastic on a limited budget? If I was a Villa fan though, this would be an exciting time though.
I think MON will do well for us, hes getting more out of the players then o leary ever did. I went to the two home games and the players seem more motivated and working harder. Lerner will give us about 50 million i think so in january expect to see some signings

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
its a shame that they all suddenly improved as soon as they left west ham, although i agree they got an amazin youth setup.
i think they had Glen Roeder as a coach,and how did he get relegated with that team is a mystery to everyone.

they should think about uefa cup, cl is a bit too much, lets see if mascherano and tevez gel with the team, then we can make predictions. but in order to challenge for uefa champs league spots, they have to get one offensive mid and 2 defenders(1 center, and a wing back that can play both sides)
yeah i said if things were going really well they would have a shot. And they r already in the uefa cup so mybe they could go far there.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

sateeh said:
@vlatko-i really hope they dont go to chelsea, i like those players :(
yeah me too, but i won't be exactly hurt if they go to chelsea, i love mourinho.:D
but anyway since this is a loan deal i wouldn't be too surprised if what i said materialises. lots of speculation was, and still is, that abramovich is behind this msi group, it could very well be his base for gathering south american talent. nothing would surprise with this guy anymore.
and both of them were linked with chelsea before so...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
vlatko said:
yeah me too, but i won't be exactly hurt if they go to chelsea, i love mourinho.:D
but anyway since this is a loan deal i wouldn't be too surprised if what i said materialises. lots of speculation was, and still is, that abramovich is behind this msi group, it could very well be his base for gathering south american talent. nothing would surprise with this guy anymore.
and both of them were linked with chelsea before so...

it's headed by Kia Joorabchian not abramovich

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Argentina's Tevez, Mascherano Join West Ham From Corinthians

By Alex Duff

Aug. 31 (Bloomberg) -- Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, standouts for Argentina at the soccer World Cup, joined London's West Ham from Brazil's Corinthians in one of the biggest surprises on the final day allowed for players to be traded.

West Ham, who beat out competition from Manchester United and Arsenal according to the U.K.'s Sun newspaper, will have the services of two rising stars who cost Corinthians combined fees of about $35 million. West Ham, which last claimed a trophy in 1980 when it won the F.A. Cup, didn't disclose terms on its Web site.

``This is an amazing coup,'' former West Ham striker Tony Cottee told Sky Sports.

The club may have used its contacts with Media Sport Investment Ltd., which is also based in London and owns Corinthians, to seal the transaction. MSI, whose chairman is Iranian-born businessman Kia Joorabchian, was in talks for three months about buying West Ham before ending its interest in November. The parties failed to agree on the club's value.

One of several Argentine forwards to be labeled ``the new Diego Maradona,'' Tevez helped his nation claim gold at the 2004 Olympics, scoring eight goals in six matches. The 22-year-old striker also scored on his World Cup debut in June, speeding in from the left and slotting the ball past the Serbia & Montenegro goalkeeper.

He joined Sao Paulo's Corinthians from Boca Juniors for a $20 million fee in February 2005, a record transfer fee for a Brazilian club.

Fort Apache

The son of a bricklayer, Tevez grew up in a Buenos Aires slum so rough it was dubbed ``Fort Apache.'' When he was a year old, a pot of boiling water fell on him, scarring his neck and part of his face.

Defensive midfielder Mascherano, also 22, joined Corinthians from River Plate for $15 million three months before Tevez. Brazil's Pele described him as one of the top two players during the first phase at the World Cup.

West Ham was ninth in last season's Premiership, giving it a berth in Europe's second-tier UEFA Cup this season. It faces Palermo in the first round. MSI was prepared to pay 75 million pounds ($143 million) for the club, London's Evening Standard reported in August 2005.

MSI is ``a private investment fund'' that invests in top- level soccer, according to the Corinthians Web site. It was registered as a company in London on Aug. 31, 2004, with Joorabchian, 35, and Nojan Bedroud, 43, its directors, according to filings at Companies House.

Its purchase of Corinthians, one of Brazil's biggest soccer clubs, later that year was the subject of a probe by public prosecutors in Sao Paulo who tried to establish where the money for the transaction came from.

Joorabchian was formerly the chief executive of American Capital LLC, a New York-based investment company that bought Russian business daily Kommersant in 1999.

Bloomberg.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Altair said:
i still dont see any correlation with abramovic
before, while the investigation on msi was going on in brasil, it was reported that abramovich was behind it. but only speculation, nothing came out of it.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
I have read today that it was a loan deal. And i think that if it is really a loan deal there is Arsenal behind this thing. The players have would go away of brazil but Arsenal with Baptista at the moment have a problem with the non EU-Players. So tevez will join in the Winter-Season to Arsenal when they give away perhaps a swiss boy or a african boy. and then they will sell gilberto and get mascherano too. and become a awesome team that will kick the ass to chelsea and manu too because manu have sleeped the entire market-time to get a sub for RVN. If Rooney will get injured they have no replacement for him. and they have give awas Rossi to Newcastle...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)