Mercato news 2011 (updated infrequently/when we can be arsed) (2 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Who is Claudio Ranieri to coach Juventus? He is just an average coach who can manage mid-table teams and struggling teams who fight to avoid relegation. What are his achievements especially in both Stamford Bridge and Mestalla? People think that he, is like Wenger, is capable of re-building squads and they forget that we need a quick impact in Serie A to re-prove ourselves again in our rightful place. Even if he rebuilds our squad, his career speaks on behalf of him; he isn't a top coach.

As for Zebina, what is Zebina's position? As a CB, he can't be described as a talent, we can say that he is solid and quick. But if he is a talent, what are we supposed to call Nesta, Terry, Cannavaro, Maldini, etc....The same applied when he plays as a RB, I can't call him a talent as well. If he is a talented RB, again what are we supposed to call Zambrotta, Sagnol, J. Zanetti, etc...
ask Chelsea fans how good Ranieri is...Abramovich was yet to come and Ken Bates had run outta money...yet they were still very competitive and did well domestically (players like Gujhonsen and Hasselbaink were phonemenal) as well as keeping a presence in Europe...plus he saved Parma who were completely down and out this year in Serie A...Not the makings of a good Coach?

Next point about Zebina...Zebina was an integral member of the squad when Roma last won the Scudetto...and has always said he prefers CB so maybe Juve should try him there? may solve our central defence problems

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
ask Chelsea fans how good Ranieri is...Abramovich was yet to come and Ken Bates had run outta money...yet they were still very competitive and did well domestically (players like Gujhonsen and Hasselbaink were phonemenal) as well as keeping a presence in Europe...plus he saved Parma who were completely down and out this year in Serie A...Not the makings of a good Coach?

Next point about Zebina...Zebina was an integral member of the squad when Roma last won the Scudetto...and has always said he prefers CB so maybe Juve should try him there? may solve our central defence problems
In season 2000/01, Chelsea finished in the sixth place. In season 2001/02, they finished in the sixth place again despite spending more than £35m in the summer of 2001. In season 2002/03, they finished fourth.
In season 2003/04, Ranieri spent more than £100m on lots of transfers, yet he failed to win the Premier League.

And I remember that he wasn't popular amongst the fans at all because:
  • He over-rotated his squad.
  • The fans expected him to achieve more success after the millions he spent on the transfers.

As for saving Parma from relegation, this has no relation with him being a top coach or not. At the end, avoiding relegation is a mentality and fighting for top places needs another different mentality.

Regrading Zebina, I didn't say in my previous post that he is bad as a centre back or right back. And I know that he was part of Roma's team who won the Scudetto, but he isn't definitely a talent.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The latests were saying that Fiorentina doesn't want him. Hence, he'll be back to Juve.
I would rather suicide bomb my own apartment after i called a bomb threat to this place and evacuated everybody then blow myself up with only me here than have Blasi play in our midfield.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
The latests were saying that Fiorentina doesn't want him. Hence, he'll be back to Juve.
it will be an interesting situation with Blasi, Viola just bought two young prospects in the middle so maybe Blasi will leave.

I wouldn't mind blasi as a backup player, someone to take Gianni's position if hes to leave. But i would cash in on him, thats the preference since I would prefer Gianni to stay.

chadi

THE NEXT JUVE PRESIDENT
Apr 19, 2006
Forget about ranieri he is a bad coach I mean he is the right example that money can't buy glory... in chelsea he spent more than 100 million pounds on transfers and he won nothin then again in valencia he brought with him Di Vaio from Juve and Corradi from Lazio and didn't do anything plus di vaio and corradi ended up being sold to monaco and man city.....
I think vialli is a good project for the futur but I don't think he can get us back to winning days so quickly. he is a true and faithfull juventino but I don't think he's got the right experince (maybe we could get him as an assistant coach or somthing)
and excuse me if I'm wrong but what about SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON???
I mean he's got the experience and he knows well italian players and won the scudetto wih Lazio....

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Let's take a look at who is linked to which team according to the latest transfer rumours coming from Italy.

The main news of the day remains the possible arrival of Claudio Ranieri on the Juve bench. The former Parma coach is keeping everyone guessing, but despite Manchester City's interest, Ranieri is expected to join the bianconeri for the next two seasons.

Inter want Christian Chivu at all costs and are ready to offer Roma the other half of David Pizarro and Mariano Gonzales in order to sign the Romanian defender.

For a few hours there was the speculation that Alberto Gilardino had offered himself to Inter and the Rossoneri were asking Adriano in return. However, later on the news was denied by Milan who released a press statement to announce that the player will not be leaving the club.

Fiorentina officially announced the transfers of 18-year-olds Czech players Ondrej Mazuch and Jan Hable for a five-year deal.

Udinese will manage to retain the services of influential defender Cesare Natali despite the interest of Fiorentina who are currently very active in the transfer market scene.

Alberto Aquilani will not leave Roma. This was confirmed by his agent, Franco Zavaglia, who declared that his client is very happy with Maurizio Zamparini's attention, but Aquilani is not for sale as the Giallorossi have no intention of selling their young talented midfielder.

Sampdoria want Antonio Mirante of Juventus to be their new goaltender in order settle the keeper problem for next season.

Livorno's Marco Amelia could be on his way to Madrid, however it is yet unclear if it will be Real or Atletico as both teams are highly interested in signing him.

Catania admitted their interest in bringing Silvio Baldini as their new coach for the coming season. This was confirmed by the Sicilian side's President, Antonino Pulvirenti during a radio interview.

In the meantime, co-owned (Siena and Roma) striker Daniele Corvia will stay with the Tuscan club as the two clubs will renew their current deal for the 22-year-old player.

Reggina are thinking about Zdenek Zeman to replace Walter Mazzarri at the helm of the squad. This could prove a new challenging experience for the controversial Bohemian coach.

Goal.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Let's take a look at who is linked to which team according to the latest transfer rumours coming from Italy.

Carlo Ancelotti declared that he was surprised with Alberto Gilardino's words who expressed his desire to leave the Rossoneri unless he feels there is trust in him. However, Carletto told the attacker that no one would stop him from leaving if he really wanted to. That’s what I call blind trust.

In the meantime Ancelotti, also declared that Thierry Henry and Emerson can be Milan targets since the Rossoneri are after a high-profile forward and midfielder this summer.

Claudio Ranieri seems to be closer than ever to a Juve move as the President of the Bianconeri, Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, dropped the biggest hint yet that the former Parma coach will be leading the Old Lady next season.

Young Roma goalkeeper Gianluca Curci stated that there is a good possibility he will remain with the Giallorossi next season, even though he will meet with the Roma directors in the coming weeks and see what offers he has from other teams.

David Di Michele offered himself to Roma, declaring that they are his favourite team since he was a kid and would therefore love it if he could celebrate under the Curva Sud next season. Unfortunately for him, the Giallorossi don't seem to be too interested.

Fiorentina are the most active Serie A team in the transfer market, as the Viola have signed yet another young player following the signings of the two Czech Republic players: 19-year-old Belgian defender Anthony Vanden Borre.

Silvio Baldini was officially announced as the new Catania coach, taking over from the departing Pasquale Marino who led the Sicilian side to a difficult survival in the Italian topflight.

Goal.com

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #95
    Juve-Prince, you need to go read a couple of pages back and stop posting that stuff in here. Half the stuff isn't even related to Juve. ;) :)
    ---------------

June 4

Gazetta dello Sport: Ranieri is ready. If Gilardino leaves Milan then Juve is his first choice even if there are talks of swap deals involving both Inter and Barcelona.

Balzaretti is getting closer to Fiorentina. Does this mean that Juve is counting on Chiellini and Molinaro as left-backs?

Tuttosport:
    Juventus is close to acquiring Sissoko from Liverpool. Talks with Cris and Milito continue with difficulty.

Milan want 24 million euro's for Gilardino. Any swap deals involving Trezeguet is not on the cards.

-Svenskafans.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Juve, è caccia ai rinforzi. Rispunta Huntelaar, via libera a Sissoko

09:34 del 05 giugno

huntelaar

Con l'arrivo del nuovo allenatore si aprono nuovi scenari di mercato per la Juventus. Il primo via libera è arrivato su Sissoko che, guarda caso Ranieri ha lanciato ai tempi di Valencia. Resta il dubbio per il difensore: Cris o Milito. Ranieri ha dato l'ok all'arrivo di Vincenzo Iaquinta dall'Udinese, ma in compenso ha frenato sul reggino Rolando Bianchi. Poi tutto dipende dalle decisioni di Trezeguet. E' destinata a tornare di moda la candidatura di Huntelaar.
    (Gazzetta dello sport)

Juve, Lampard il primo obiettivo

Dubbi su Sissoko, considerato un po acerbo. Piacciono Xabi Alonso e Albelda. Si riducono al minimo le possibilità di Mesto e Almiron che non rientrano nei piani del nuovo tecnico.
    (Tuttosport)

Juve, Gila o Huntelaar

Trezeguet verso l'addio. Offerti al Saragozza 16 mln per Milito. Il difensore argentino è diventato il primo obiettivo ma gli spagnoli non cedono. C'è anche Barzagli. Tra la Juve e Trezeguet non c'è accordo. Il francese non ha ancora sciolto il nodo: firmare o andare via.
    (Corriere dello sport)

_______

Same stuff except that Almiron and Mesto are supposedly not wanted by Ranieri and it mentions Xabi Alonso and Albelda being 'favored' by Ranieri if my guess on Piacciono is right.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    Juve, è caccia ai rinforzi. Rispunta Huntelaar, via libera a Sissoko

09:34 del 05 giugno

huntelaar

Con l'arrivo del nuovo allenatore si aprono nuovi scenari di mercato per la Juventus. Il primo via libera è arrivato su Sissoko che, guarda caso Ranieri ha lanciato ai tempi di Valencia. Resta il dubbio per il difensore: Cris o Milito. Ranieri ha dato l'ok all'arrivo di Vincenzo Iaquinta dall'Udinese, ma in compenso ha frenato sul reggino Rolando Bianchi. Poi tutto dipende dalle decisioni di Trezeguet. E' destinata a tornare di moda la candidatura di Huntelaar.
    (Gazzetta dello sport)

Juve, Lampard il primo obiettivo

Dubbi su Sissoko, considerato un po acerbo. Piacciono Xabi Alonso e Albelda. Si riducono al minimo le possibilità di Mesto e Almiron che non rientrano nei piani del nuovo tecnico.
    (Tuttosport)

Juve, Gila o Huntelaar

Trezeguet verso l'addio. Offerti al Saragozza 16 mln per Milito. Il difensore argentino è diventato il primo obiettivo ma gli spagnoli non cedono. C'è anche Barzagli. Tra la Juve e Trezeguet non c'è accordo. Il francese non ha ancora sciolto il nodo: firmare o andare via.
    (Corriere dello sport)

_______

Same stuff except that Almiron and Mesto are supposedly not wanted by Ranieri and it mentions Xabi Alonso and Albelda being 'favored' by Ranieri if my guess on Piacciono is right.
    What does it say about Huntelaar?!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)