Memphis Depay - SS/ST - Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
People complaining about our line-up tonight should certainly not complain if we overpay for Depay's salary. I'd take 100 overpaid Depays before a healthy (lol) Milik.
Overpaying for dumb turds like Depay is exactly the reason why our squad looks like it does today. It's exactly why we have no funds to buy what we need now and it's a circle that needs to be broken sooner rather than later.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Please please please bring Depay! I really don't want Milik
Me neither. I hope Milik is just smokescreen leverage.

Overpaying for dumb turds like Depay is exactly the reason why our squad looks like it does today. It's exactly why we have no funds to buy what we need now and it's a circle that needs to be broken sooner rather than later.
Yep. Today's overpaid is next season's dump-like-a-monkeypoxed-stripper-but-the-salary-is-too-high-for-anyone-to-touch-them.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I tend to agree with that reasoning of course, but context is key here. My comment was based on the assumption that the rumored duration of the contract of Depay would be for 2 years. If the alternative to that is Milik for 10M + salary, I only see the former as the only viable option, unless you want to argue having Kean is better than both. I don't consider this transfer to have the same repercussions in case he flops as we did have with Rabiot, Ramsey or Arthur for example which were for far longer contractual periods with bigger financial damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)