Medhi Benatia (9 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
What? Benatia played around half of our first dozen matches this year. Full 90 minutes in 5 of first 12 league matches.

Chiellini was our best defender last year, even with his occasional brainfarts. Benatia was very consistent, but not at the same level as Chiello.

Regardless, our defence is better right now, because of the added effects of Bonucci on our gameplay making it harder for teams to press and dominate us the way good teams did at times last year. Hence the reason our defensive record is better this year, even if Bonucci hasn't found his best defensive form yet.
Yeah but 5/20 overall in Serie A. Thats just not enough for a player as good as Benatia especially when u take into consideration all of Bonucci's brainfarts throughout the season.
I see what ur saying on Bonucci and playing out the back but thats kinda canceled out due to all his moments of poor defending which have costed us goals. Also imo the great start is due to goat, Mandzu's big moments, and the team overall being strengthened.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah but 5/20 overall in Serie A. Thats just not enough for a player as good as Benatia especially when u take into consideration all of Bonucci's brainfarts throughout the season.
I see what ur saying on Bonucci and playing out the back but thats kinda canceled out due to all his moments of poor defending which have costed us goals. Also imo the great start is due to goat, Mandzu's big moments, and the team overall being strengthened.
We've scored substantially less goals this year, and also allowed substantially less thus far. So the evidence doesn't support your opinion.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Well he was our best defender last season and was immediately dropped to the bench for Bonucci who was horrible last season and accident prone. Not to mention he wasnt really given a chance to defend his place in the starting XI.

Great start but its the season as whole and particularly the CL which matters.....
Oh please. He played half of the games and was hardly a main starter. It’s revisionism.

May 23, 2013
Oh please. He played half of the games and was hardly a main starter. It’s revisionism.
Are you seriously going to tell me Benatia wasnt a starter on the team sheet last season???? After the Barca 0-0 there was no doubt him + Chiello were the main duo.

- - - Updated - - -

We've scored substantially less goals this year, and also allowed substantially less thus far. So the evidence doesn't support your opinion.
Well we'll know for sure how we've improved come Atletico. Im personally worried about Bonucci coming up against Diego Costa (If he is healhy).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What? Benatia played around half of our first dozen matches this year. Full 90 minutes in 5 of first 12 league matches.

Chiellini was our best defender last year, even with his occasional brainfarts. Benatia was very consistent, but not at the same level as Chiello.

Regardless, our defence is better right now, because of the added effects of Bonucci on our gameplay making it harder for teams to press and dominate us the way good teams did at times last year. Hence the reason our defensive record is better this year, even if Bonucci hasn't found his best defensive form yet.
I think Cancelo and in form AS over Licht and Asa contributed something to that as well?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Are you seriously going to tell me Benatia wasnt a starter on the team sheet last season???? After the Barca 0-0 there was no doubt him + Chiello were the main duo.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we'll know for sure how we've improved come Atletico. Im personally worried about Bonucci coming up against Diego Costa (If he is healhy).
He was our CL starter. Certainly. Rugani was favoured over him in the league down the stretch. Played the full 90 in 11 of our last 14 league matches, 6 of our last 7, including the last 4 straight matches well after being knocked out of CL, and in battle with Napoli for scudetto.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Typical Arab mentality. Such a punk. And Yes, I'm an Arab, so it's not racist.

He could've stayed until the end of the season, behaved like a professional, and then showed this dramatic side. It's not like AFCON or the World Cup are around the corner.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Typical Arab mentality. Such a punk. And Yes, I'm an Arab, so it's not racist.

He could've stayed until the end of the season, behaved like a professional, and then showed this dramatic side. It's not like AFCON or the World Cup are around the corner.
But it is. Talk like this only in private, if you don’t want other people to talk like this. I don’t care what colour people are, but only use words/terms in public that you agree everyone can say.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I wouldn't say a dick as football maybe is just a job to him and therefore he is in it for the money. That's ok i guess but if he did really have an offer from United and chose Qatar then he certainly lacks ambition to win or compete in a significant way ever again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)