Medhi Benatia (80 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I would rather take a Bonucci howler once in a while, than witness the shitshow that was our distribution from back last season, one more time.
Bonucci and Cancelo makes such a difference, in our ability to play out of pressure.
To be honest I am okay with selling him even if getting Caceres to replace him is a big downgrade. I doubt that selling a 4 choice CB, who never playes will hurt us.
Spot on. When Benatia had a good spell here (took some time) he looked better, defending wise, than prime Bonucci. But that was only for s short spell. Lately, and for most of his career here, he has looked like Bambi.

Bonucci has annoyed me so much this season, but style of play complement our team so much more.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I don't agree with selling him now, mostly because we will be in a massive spot of bother if Chiellini gets injured. He's our 3rd best CB, even if Rugani could surpass him one day. And that's pretty tough to lose with 3 competitions to compete in through the back half of the season.

I'm with you on the Bonucci howler thing, over how terrible our distribution from the back was last season, plus how easy it was to press us into major mistakes. Hopefully it won't be a case of either/or as the winter progresses. To really have a great shot in CL, we need Bonucci back to his 14-15 to 16-17 best.
I think Rugani and Benatia is around the same level, and I get why we are selling him. As I remember it he started acting out in both Roma and Bayern, when he wanted a transfer away.
Just get someone on loan to act as cover in case of two/ three injuries in central defense. and get someone for the future next summer.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
i think hes been treated pretty unfairly this season......
Of course. We should field players because of how they used to play and despite of what benefits the team.

I seriously can’t comprehend why people are so negative. We have had the best start of a season since I can remember. And I started supporting this team in the mid ‘90.

Last edited:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
one injury to our defense and we are screwed. i think Allegri, should have rotated our defense more instead . bad decision and hope will not cost us. Also i got the feeling that too much hate for him because he is Arab.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Of course. We should field players because of how the used to play and despite of what benefits the team.

I seriously can’t comprehend why people are so negative. We have the best start of a season since I can remember. And I started supporting this team in the mid ‘90.
:lol:

Poor Medhi. That swine Allegri. He is poisoning the team. I'm surprised Costa and Bernadeschi didn't force a move out too.

Paratici's hands were tied. :seven:

May 23, 2013
Ah yes. The job of a footballer. Paid millions to sit the bench.

The agony.

The warped reality we face.
Of course. We should field players because of how the used to play and despite of what benefits the team.

I seriously can’t comprehend why people are so negative. We have the best start of a season since I can remember. And I started supporting this team in the mid ‘90.
Well he was our best defender last season and was immediately dropped to the bench for Bonucci who was horrible last season and accident prone. Not to mention he wasnt really given a chance to defend his place in the starting XI.

Great start but its the season as whole and particularly the CL which matters.....

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Especially on 1 vs 1 as well as marking, defending headers (even if Koulibaly did get past him) and anticipation, it's not close and pretty noticeable as evidenced by his matches this season where he got beat several times and his time at Milan. You wouldn't say the the same thing as now if we were in the 2017-2018 season and Bonucci was still at Milan.
The last sentence :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well he was our best defender last season and was immediately dropped to the bench for Bonucci who was horrible last season and accident prone. Not to mention he wasnt really given a chance to defend his place in the starting XI.

Great start but its the season as whole and particularly the CL which matters.....
What? Benatia played around half of our first dozen matches this year. Full 90 minutes in 5 of first 12 league matches.

Chiellini was our best defender last year, even with his occasional brainfarts. Benatia was very consistent, but not at the same level as Chiello.

Regardless, our defence is better right now, because of the added effects of Bonucci on our gameplay making it harder for teams to press and dominate us the way good teams did at times last year. Hence the reason our defensive record is better this year, even if Bonucci hasn't found his best defensive form yet.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
:lol:

Poor Medhi. That swine Allegri. He is poisoning the team. I'm surprised Costa and Bernadeschi didn't force a move out too.

Paratici's hands were tied. :seven:
It’s still a poor transfer considering we bought back a player, who’s pretty much done playing at top level.

The hypocrisy on this forum is expected tho. They’re only getting attention because we’re improving in Europe. It attracts young modern fans. They don’t like Italian football us old farts appreciate.

They like the Michael Bay of football.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It’s still a poor transfer considering we bought back a player, who’s pretty much done playing at top level.

The hypocrisy on this forum is expected tho. They’re only getting attention because we’re improving in Europe. It attracts young modern fans. They don’t like Italian football us old farts appreciate.

The like the Michael Bay of football.
Is this Klopp or Pep? Or EPL in general? :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)