Medhi Benatia (15 Viewers)

Deleted member 2609

Is it bad luck when it happens again and again?

With Bonucci you run risk conceding through headers, and with Benatia you run risk of him giving away freekicks/penalties in and around the box due to clumsy tackles. Both have their flaws and are overall great CB's, but the popular notion that Benatia is something like the safe bet out of the two just isn't right imo. A brainfart is always around the corner.

This is true in many regards but he definitely showed up this evening, let's enjoy this win ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yeah both of them are prone to errors.
No doubt about it and I recall at least 3-4 games this season when the ball would hit him in the hands. Benatia though is defensively more sound, he will put in a challenge more frequently, while we all know how important Bonucci is for our build up. Selection will depend on what we need from the game. Tonight we needed more physical CB to deal with Higuain.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Not entirely sure what he can do with his hand to avoid touching the ball given the distance from Higuain's touch. Ref's still haven't learnt to view replays in real time and factor in distance. Also not sure how it is different from Zapata's handball - unless it hit Zapata on the body elsewhere.

Apart from that and a bad clearance he was good and won just about everything he had to deal with.
:agree: Watching that in slow motion throws away all the other factors and will always be interpreted as a penalty.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
His handball was intentional. Stop making exuses for him. Our worst player in the first half. Made a bad foul in their half and put out his hand unnaturally for the penalty. Had luck the second half but MOTM is a heresy.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
lol yet another fool shows up

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

With Bonucci you run risk conceding through headers, and with Benatia you run risk of him giving away freekicks/penalties in and around the box due to clumsy tackles. Both have their flaws and are overall great CB's, but the popular notion that Benatia is something like the safe bet out of the two just isn't right imo. A brainfart is always around the corner.
I can't remember that many handballs. How many are we talking about.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
lol yet another fool shows up
I consider you to be stupidest person alive.

Also to the others: it was a blatant deliberate hand ball.Stop with the exuses. He put his hand in anticipation of the ball movement. I am not 100% but 1000% sure. It is so obvious from VAR. I do not know how he was not sent off.
The second half only Higuain's clumsiness made Benatia look good.But he is stiil the same disaster in the most important moments.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Beast mode in the second half. Really made up for giving away that (harsh) penalty in the first half.

And lol @ calling his handball “intentional” learn what the word means you fucking moron.

Last edited:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Beast mode in the second half. Really made up for giving away that (harsh) penalty in the first half.

And lol @ calling his handball “intentional” learn what the word means you fucking moron.
His hand ball was intentional. Choke on that.

Last edited:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

There are about 12-15 goals costing brainfarts Bonucci has made since summer 2017 alone, you sure you can find that many during the whole of Benatia's career? You're just kneejerking and taking advantage of the moment, Benatia is nowhere near as mistake prone as Leo.

But I agree with zizinho, he's not a good defender to play once or twice per month, season 2016/17 was a good example of that, if he's not a starter we should move him on

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
You don’t know what the word means, do you? Lol.
Yes, I know. It means you are intentionally ignoring the obvious facts because you are unintentionally an idiot.
Mazzoleni thinks like me. Benatia also confessed it was a deliberate hand ball when I asked him. Both of them called zizinho the stupidest man alive and put you in top 10 of all time morons.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Yes, I know. It means you are intentionally ignoring the obvious facts because you are unintentionally an idiot.
Mazzoleni thinks like me. Benatia also confessed it was a deliberate hand ball when I asked him. Both of them called zizinho the stupidest man alive and put you in top 10 of all time morons.
Didn't know wether to dislike your post or to find it funny.

This guy :lol:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yep, you definitely don’t know what the word “intentional” means :rofl:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
harsh call imo, but I understand that it was given, its one of those ones that can happen to any cb, its not like he had his arms in any odd position, people are acting like he slid in last man from behind :lol: he has made some mistakes in the past (Greatly exaugurated by some i might add) but its not like our backline has been void of errors this season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)