Medhi Benatia (8 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was also responsible for the second goal
Nah, it's just a very quick cross and header. Replay that 100 times and Cristante gets a free header. It's about momentum, you have to stop it at source. Where the header goes is random, more often than not it'd be over the bar.

First goal you can blame any defensive player but it's mostly Buffon. I know Benatia is the resident scapegoat and I don't like him but I thought he was generally fine especially first half. The big error was later on when Petagna rolled him. The other thing is that when play gets as broken up as it was towards the end of the game with Juve attacking then defenders get very exposed, it's nice and easy playing in a unit knocking the ball about or doubling up but I'd rather have Benatia playing in broken play than Bonucci, put it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Atalantas first goal goes on Buffon though... not one of his best interventions.
It's obviously Buffon, unless suddenly Benatia was thrown the gloves just before the free-kick, I didn't notice. You know how it is...

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Nah, it's just a very quick cross and header. Replay that 100 times and Cristante gets a free header. It's about momentum, you have to stop it at source. Where the header goes is random, more often than not it'd be over the bar.

First goal you can blame any defensive player but it's mostly Buffon. I know Benatia is the resident scapegoat and I don't like him but I thought he was generally fine especially first half. The big error was later on when Petagna rolled him. The other thing is that when play gets as broken up as it was towards the end of the game with Juve attacking then defenders get very exposed, it's nice and easy playing in a unit knocking the ball about or doubling up but I'd rather have Benatia playing in broken play than Bonucci, put it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

It's obviously Buffon, unless suddenly Benatia was thrown the gloves just before the free-kick, I didn't notice. You know how it is...
Benatia over bonucci

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
In open play yes, Bonucci varies between average and awful in an exposed defence, which is what we are going to see more of with this approach.

I'd prefer Rugani but then he's not been stellar either. Who has? See first point.
In open play any defender can get exposed but Rugani definitely has to start over benatia either we have confidence in his ability or we buy another quality defender maybe sign de vrij or gimenez I can't remember any game where benatia has stood out as a defender he is not defender he was at roma

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What the fuck is this guy doing in practice to get the continued loyalty of Allegri?

Conversely, what the fuck is Rugani doing in practice to continually getting shunned by Allegri?

Am I taking crazy pills?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Terrible player, we look so week down his side.

Just watched 3 Atalanta players line-up to tap in Caldara's goal.
Sure, but where was everyone else?
Benatia caught watching is one thing, but he was the only player in the vicinity of the ball, surrounded by 3 opponents.

I thought last night was one of his better games so far. Even if that means absolutely nothing, obviously :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)