Medhi Benatia (11 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Dont trust this guy as a potential starter going into 17/18.

What do we do? Buy Manolas/Garay or start using Rugani. I already made some prediction before, if we dont buy anyone, Rugani is going to bench Benatia during the season.

Mar 30, 2006

What do we do? Buy Manolas/Garay or start using Rugani. I already made some prediction before, if we dont buy anyone, Rugani is going to bench Benatia during the season.
Its preseason so everyone is rusty. I trust him and know he has quality to take Bonucci's place. We wont lose much. Rugani too will be playing a lot more which is exciting

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Its preseason so everyone is rusty. I trust him and know he has quality to take Bonucci's place. We wont lose much. Rugani too will be playing a lot more which is exciting
Benatia should be fresh cause he didnt play starter last season, he should still feel like needing a point to prove but that is not the case. While you have youngsters like Bentancur and Kean impressing.

Mar 30, 2006
He might be fresh but he also has not been playing soccer for a while since everyone just got back from vacation. It takes time to get rhythm and form. Patience is needed. We signed him permanently for a reason. Allegri must like him

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I really dont see him as a starter in 38 game season + CL. You say he needs more games to get rhythm, he will get injured before he gets to form and rhythm.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The two issues with Benatia I have are his mentality (whether he can be bothered to stay concentrated) and those niggly injuries he picks up. When he was fit and motivated he was top class for Roma.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Should definitely be behind Chiellini and Rugani in the pecking order. I don't think he has done anything to justify or validate starting him over our young Italian hotshot. Both him and Barza should get some minutes substituting the two starters, Chiellini and Rugani.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
He has been pretty shit for us so far. Probably had like a few good games (meelan at home last year) but other than that he's always been a suspect in defending. Jury is still out on him but so far we could've signed someone like Demichelis and would not notice a difference.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
A defender who cannot defend. He was the same last season, he is fine when the game is in front of him (although not today) but anything from out wide he switches off and loses his man.

Rugani deserves his chance more.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Told you in July.

Rugani will bench his ass during the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)