Maybe someone would like to hear..... (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The first one you already showed me before, I liked it. The second I don't know. Are you involved in this per chance? :)

OP
*aca*

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    I didnt play on the album, couse it was too late, but I'm in the band for live performances. :)

It's more of a RB (listen to the song "hush") but although not my kind of music, live it's quite interesting :)

and the girl knows how to sing ;) probably the best singer i ever played in the band with...

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Ive checked out miriamchristine. She is a pretty good singer, the music is pretty good (although it seems like it isnt finished sometimes) but the lyrics are terrible.

20 minutes
    ----------

I really like this, the guy is a good singer and the song starts of pretty great. I totally love the way he drops during certain words, nice.

However im not that keen on the chorus, i dont really like how he changes his voice for chorus starting from:
    "one last time and one last try hold on, in 20 minutes ill be home
    hold on, 20 minutes thats all"

Id totally cut the whole enrique style 'i will make you change your mind' line.

The song really picks up again from 'oh things wont be easy' then to go back into the chorus which im not keen on.

I think it ends to fast also. Maybe put fading singing or whisper 'hold on, hold on, hold on' in there.

Id recommend picking it up for the chorus rather than the mono singing. Also the music is alittle to loud for the singer sometimes, maybe tone it down just alittle.

Havnet downloaded the other songs yet. Are you in this band?

Oh and your probably thinking im extremely critical :D, well yeah i am. But forgive me ive been doing it all year for uni and i want perfection :D

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    While we are at it, go to http://www.thebandfield.com/ and on the top left hand corner you will see some numbers, 1.2.3.4.5

click number 2 and listen, its my friends band. Pretty good stuff. You don't need to download anything, it doesnt take long to load at all.

The name of the band, Skid"nevely, the song that u will hear, "She's so his".

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    And Aca, I am listening to your song at the moment, 20 mins.

The music sounds nice, not too keen on the singing though.

OP
    *aca*

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Ive checked out miriamchristine. She is a pretty good singer, the music is pretty good (although it seems like it isnt finished sometimes) but the lyrics are terrible......

Havnet downloaded the other songs yet. Are you in this band?

Oh and your probably thinking im extremely critical :D, well yeah i am. But forgive me ive been doing it all year for uni and i want perfection :D
    :D

Yeah, lyrics are kind of weak, agreed. But it's hers project, so...;)

And song "seem that they are not finished because they are not (on the site). It's a preview of the songs only.

Yes. I'm in both bands. :)

And yes, you are extremly critical:D, but even if all the things you mentioned are changed, other PPL would say completly opposite;):D And at some point you have to say enough and finish the song......

Taste is like an arse-hole....you know how it goes;)

OP
    *aca*

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    K10, I'm going away for a week, will check them out as soon as i arrive back :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Btw Aca, I checked out the song 20 minutes, I remember I thought it was good, can't say anything more constructive than that, as it's sometime since I listened to it. :)

OP
    *aca*

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Hello :D

Sorry to bring this back :angel:

I was just informed that i will be playing live in Luxembourg, 1st of May :angel::party::excited::extatic::extatic:

It should be a big event, anniversary of EU enlargement :confused::D

OP
    *aca*

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    Thanx:)

you know i have been hanging around forums for so long, but i cant recall ever meeting anyone from Luxembourg?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)