Mauro Camoranesi (111 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Camoranesi: Fast Start The Key

Mauro Camoranesi has pointed to Juventus' fast start against Lazio yesterday afternoon as the key to their crushing 5-2 win.

The Bianconeri continued their wonderful recent form by blitzing their opponents with four unanswered goals in the first 45 minutes.

Juve have been criticised for much of the season for starting slowly in games, however in the last four matches, Claudio Ranieri's men have scored 15 goals, 11 of which have arrived in the first half.

"The game didn't look like an easy one," Camoranesi told Juventus Channel.

"We also had to take into consideration the heat that is starting to make itself felt.

"It's important to start off well against opponents who have nothing left to achieve and we managed to do that today. If you start off slowly, you risk having to struggle double the amount."

Camoranesi scored Juve's second goal at the Stadio Olimpico, and the win has now confirmed Juve's place in the Champions League next season.

"We're pleased about getting into the Champions League, now we'll see about second place, hoping Roma lose a few points, but we'll have to do our part too," the winger continued.

"I scored five goals in the League? I've kept my average and I'm happy."

goal.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Blog: Wing commander

Mauro Camoranesi has proved his worth in recent weeks. Antonio Labbate praises Juventus’ unsung hero.

Where would Juventus have been without Mauro Camoranesi in 2007-08? It’s a query worth pondering, especially when you take into account what kind of form the South American has been in this term. But the real question, given the extent of the winger’s scintillating performances, is what more could the Old Lady have achieved had he been available to them all season?

It has been a campaign of two halves for the former Verona player. Held back by niggling injuries in the early part, only in the final few months of the campionato has he been able to fully serve the Juve cause. His appearance against Lazio on Sunday was just his 20th from a possible 35 League games, a tally which has potentially cost the club some valuable points.

That statement is purely hypothetical of course, but one must take into account just what Camoranesi has added to the Bianconeri’s Champions League push. He’s ‘only’ scored five goals – two of which were against Inter – but he’s developed into an accomplished goal maker in the final straight.

It was the 31-year-old who grabbed all three assists in the 3-2 win over Milan, he then provided two more in the 3-0 over Parma and got another treble – as well as a goal – in the 5-2 destruction of Lazio at the weekend. That victory ensured a top four finish, but with Roma just five points ahead in second there will be a touch of regret amongst the most demanding fans in Turin.

Claudio Ranieri is clearly aware of Mauro’s ability and the tactician has done nothing to hide his admiration for the international. “Camoranesi is the key to everything,” said the Juve boss. “He is a player who gives me the opportunity to change the shape of the team. He’s a universal midfielder, a godsend. He’s a playmaker who adores the wing, but he’s also one who is more than willing to sacrifice himself for the team.”

That’s high praise indeed for an individual who is often belittled for not singing the Italian national anthem and a man who clearly had difficulties in accepting the fact that Juventus just wouldn’t let him leave after demotion. Some questioned the club’s faith in him at the time, but no more. Camoranesi, as he has proved, is just as important as any in that black and white shirt.

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)