Mauro Camoranesi (20 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The world of football was at a higher level back then, not to defend Capello
I don't think so. You didn't have 2 or 3 teams accumulating the best players in the world in one formation like Barca, Madrid and Bayern are like now. And Juventus was one of the 3 richest clubs in world football. We just under-performed in Europe.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I don't think so. You didn't have 2 or 3 teams accumulating the best players in the world in one formation like Barca, Madrid and Bayern are like now. And Juventus was one of the 3 richest clubs in world football. We just under-performed in Europe.
Roster wise yes I guess I can see what you mean. The gameplay though I think was more top notch early 2000's.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Yeah, two quarterfinals were a great achievement.

Oh wait, Serie A is harder to win than the CL.
Where did i say "great"? But we lost to the winner and to the finalist of the tournament, Arsenal was brilliant in 2006, they even were better side than Barcelona, what for Liverpool it's enigma of the century how that piece of shit squad managed to win the trophy

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Juventino[RUS];4995780 said:
Where did i say "great"? But we lost to the winner and to the finalist of the tournament, Arsenal was brilliant in 2006, they even were better side than Barcelona, what for Liverpool it's enigma of the century how that piece of shit squad managed to win the trophy
Cool story, but we still underperformed

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Juventino[RUS];4995788 said:
2005/06 UEFA Champions League Quarter-finals
2004/05 UEFA Champions League Quarter-finals
2003/04 UEFA Champions League Round of 16
2002/03 UEFA Champions League Final
2001/02 UEFA Champions League Second group stage
2000/01 UEFA Champions League First group stage

ye we underperfomed :lol:
Juventino[RUS];4995771 said:
Juventus underperfomed under Capello :rofl: common myth around here
Hurr durr

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think RUS lives for the sake of being contrarian. No one who saw Capello have like 10 out of the 11 starters be top players, and few more on the bench, and play the kind of dire and limited football we did in Europe, can say anything but underperformed. Performing to your level and better doesnt mean winning the whole thing, but his predictable and archaic coaching pretty much held back those players potential.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I think RUS lives for the sake of being contrarian. No one who saw Capello have like 10 out of the 11 starters be top players, and few more on the bench, and play the kind of dire and limited football we did in Europe, can say anything but underperformed. Performing to your level and better doesnt mean winning the whole thing, but his predictable and archaic coaching pretty much held back those players potential.
9 straight wins in the Serie A , 2 b2b titles, in 04/05 we beat Bayern, Ajax, Makkabi and Real Madrid then we lost to Liverpool, in 05/06 we beat Bayern again, alongside with Brugge, Rapid and Werder, both years we've managed to finish 1st in our group, how on earth you could call it "UNDERPERFOMING" if year ago we were not able to pass round of 16, 2 years before not able to pass the group stage round? Capello was building the squad for years, he had 2-3 more years to put us in the final, especially just imagine what team we would have after the world cup 2006, how many player we could sign to improve it, how many players would like to play alongside with world cup winners, but only thing that you remember is 2 boring home matches against Liverpool and Arsenal, Real Madrid spent 1 billion of euros yet they were not able to pass round of 16 for 8 or 10 years i don't remember correctly

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I don't care if it was defensive or ugly football I am concerned with the results. If he had 2 seasons in the CL where one the results were up to standard and the other below standard because of unusual circumstances then maybe I'd excuse him. But for two consecutive seasons exiting so early in the CL when you have the best squad in the world is definitely under-performing in Europe. We were very good in Serie A but terrible in Europe under Capello. Arsenal and Liverpool never had the kind of squad that we had even if that Arsenal was performing at a high level. On paper our starting 11 was better than both these teams' combined 11. Both matches were an upset and it was a continuation of the trend that began the season before Capello took over.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4995797 said:
9 straight wins in the Serie A , 2 b2b titles, in 04/05 we beat Bayern, Ajax, Makkabi and Real Madrid then we lost to Liverpool, in 05/06 we beat Bayern again, alongside with Brugge, Rapid and Werder, both years we've managed to finish 1st in our group, how on earth you could call it "UNDERPERFOMING" if year ago we were not able to pass round of 16, 2 years before not able to pass the group stage round? Capello was building the squad for years, he had 2-3 more years to put us in the final, especially just imagine what team we would have after the world cup 2006, how many player we could sign to improve it, how many players would like to play alongside with world cup winners, but only thing that you remember is 2 boring home matches against Liverpool and Arsenal, Real Madrid spent 1 billion of euros yet they were not able to pass round of 16 for 8 or 10 years i don't remember correctly
And you don't call that under-performing in Europe? Capello was a great coach but our team never got going in Europe under him.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I don't care if it was defensive or ugly football I am concerned with the results. If he had 2 seasons in the CL where one the results were up to standard and the other below standard because of unusual circumstances then maybe I'd excuse him. But for two consecutive seasons exiting so early in the CL when you have the best squad in the world is definitely under-performing in Europe. We were very good in Serie A but terrible in Europe under Capello. Arsenal and Liverpool never had the kind of squad that we had even if that Arsenal was performing at a high level. On paper our starting 11 was better than both these teams' combined 11. Both matches were an upset and it was a continuation of the trend that began the season before Capello took over.
Why all of you are so biased? Best team in the world :lol: even if so - the best team not always win, ask real madrid, we were better than Arsenal? Arsenal beat Real, Juventus and all-mighty Villareal in that season, how many goals they've conceded? ze-ro. Capello was only building the squad, we had room to improve our game, we had Ibrahimovic who wasn't Ibrahimovic that we know today back then, what about Serie A title? it was shit title back then too? Milan won CL in the 03/04, were in the final in 04/05 and lost in the semi-final in 05/06, but serie a title is shit, fucking gloryhunters :lol: probably we had the toughest team in the world to beat to win the domestic title yet people say that serie a title is meh :rofl:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4995804 said:
Why all of you are so biased? Best team in the world :lol: even if so - the best team not always win, ask real madrid, we were better than Arsenal? Arsenal beat Real, Juventus and all-mighty Villareal in that season, how many goals they've conceded? ze-ro. Capello was only building the squad, we had room to improve our game, we had Ibrahimovic who wasn't Ibrahimovic that we know today back then, what about Serie A title? it was $#@! title back then too? Milan won CL in the 03/04, were in the final in 04/05 and lost in the semi-final in 05/06, but serie a title is $#@!, $#@!ing gloryhunters :lol: probably we had the toughest team in the world to beat to win the domestic title yet people say that serie a title is meh :rofl:
Read carefully. I said under-performed in Europe. We had good group stage performances then transformed to shit. Arsenal and Liverpool struggled more in the group stage but then performed where it matters more, the knockouts. We definitely had a better squad than Arsenal. We just didnt perform up to standard.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Read carefully. I said under-performed in Europe. We had good group stage performances then transformed to shit. Arsenal and Liverpool struggled more in the group stage but then performed where it matters more, the knockouts. We definitely had a better squad than Arsenal. We just didnt perform up to standard.
arsenal struggled? they had 5-1-0 record in the group stage round and 3-3-0 with 3-0 goals difference in the play-off round :sergio:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4995812 said:
arsenal struggled? they had 5-1-0 record in the group stage round and 3-3-0 with 3-0 goals difference in the play-off round :sergio:
fine. Liverpool struggled. No shame in losing to Arsenal but there is blame to losing to liverpool.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
fine. Liverpool struggled. No shame in losing to Arsenal but there is blame to losing to liverpool.
Like i've said we still don't know how they won the cup in that season - miracle goal by Garcia against us, not existed goal against Chelsea and the comeback in the final, from what i heard even Benitez lost it in the dress room - he tried to put on player that was injured, tried to change the tactics on the unbelievable one like 334 or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)