Mauro Camoranesi (7 Viewers)

Mauro16

The Conformer
May 12, 2006
Why not? Just because they have a filthy rich owner doesn't mean they want to throw money away. Roman wants to turn Chelsea into a profitable organization so he wouldn't spend £80,000,000 on one man for the hell of it.

I phrased my original question badly but I don't think it would be unreasonable to suggest Camoranesi is as important to Juve as Kaka is to Milan.

Anyway, it's in my nature as an Englishman to be deluded.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
that's precisely what Abramovic has done since his time at Chelsea...sure he has bought players that have been fundamental for Chelsea's recent successes, but he has also thrown away money for players like Shevchenko, Smertin, Veron, Belletti and Pizarro, off the top of my head

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why not? Just because they have a filthy rich owner doesn't mean they want to throw money away. Roman wants to turn Chelsea into a profitable organization so he wouldn't spend £80,000,000 on one man for the hell of it.

I phrased my original question badly but I don't think it would be unreasonable to suggest Camoranesi is as important to Juve as Kaka is to Milan.

Anyway, it's in my nature as an Englishman to be deluded.
Money means nothing to Abramovich. If he decides he wants to watch Kaka play every week, he'll pay whatever it takes to make that happen.

Yes, Camoranesi is as important to us as Kaka is to Milan and, yes, the English are delusional.

Mauro16

The Conformer
May 12, 2006
Shevchenko cost a lot but most people didn't expect him to be such a flop in England, hypothetically if Kaka moves to them then he could be similar. Veron I agree was a waste of money but Pizarro, Belletti and Smertin were signed for a combined total of about £4 million.

Anyway we're straying wildely off topic now. :p

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Camo has Old Lady faith

Tuesday 22 July, 2008
Mauro Camoranesi concedes that Milan have made a big signing in Ronaldinho, but insists that the Old Lady are a force to be reckoned with.

The Old Lady shocked many by finishing third in their first season back in the top flight after their Calciopoli punishment.

It remains to be seen whether Juve have enough in their arsenal for a Scudetto push, but their first target is to qualify for the main phase of the Champions League.

“Our objectives are different from last season,” Camoranesi told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“The last two years were strange for us and now we have the chance to make a crucial step and qualify for the Champions League Group stage.

“We have prepared well to get through the round and return to Europe. We have to do that this year to complete the job that we did over the last two years.”

Milan and Inter have brought in Ronaldinho and Jose Mourinho respectively and could be fearsome opponents.

“This year the two Milan sides look good,” Camo admitted. “They will both be very competitive and I think that Inter will be the team to beat.

“Two years ago Ronaldinho was the best player in the world and I can’t see why he can’t return to that level at Milan. I still consider him to be amongst the three or four best in the world.

“But this Juventus side also seems competitive and our rivals know that we are a team of fighters who will fight to the end. We want to get as far as we can in every competition.”

Juventus have been accused of a low-key transfer campaign, but Camoranesi thinks sporting director Alessio Secco has done the job adequately.

“Undoubtedly the big transfer of the summer for us was the arrival of Amauri,” he insisted.

“We needed several players and important champions have arrived, but the pitch will tell who has done the best.

“Christian Poulsen? I still don’t know him because he has only just arrived. He is experienced at the highest level and has the right mentality to do well here.

“Competition is a fundamental factor at the big teams. At least two players are needed for each position so that the team can be changed around and kept fresh.”

The talented winger concluded by discussing the national side and his personal aims for the coming season.

“I am happy that Marcello Lippi has returned,” he said. “But I want to thank Roberto Donadoni – I have the greatest respect for him and he always treated me well.

“At the moment I have a great desire to keep wearing the Azzurri shirt. Last year I had various injury problems and now I am hoping to be lucky.

“Physical troubles can shape a season, especially when they hit you early in your preparations.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22n.html

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
My welcoming article for DonnaMolinaro...

-----------------------------------------------

Camo eyes new Juve cycle

Mauro German Camoranesi is determined Juventus end a mini-cylce by qualifying for the Champions League.

The Argentine-born midfielder admitted that the last two seasons experienced at the Turin side can be archived if Juve reach the group stages of Europe's most prestigious competition.

He said: "These last two years have been rather peculiar, the first because we played in Serie B and the other because we had returned to Serie A. Now we need to take another important step which is qualifying for the Champions League as it would tie up what we achieved last season."

The first-round preliminary round will be concluded on Wednesday and the 31-year-old is focused on ensuring the Old Lady is at her best when Juve enter into the fray in round three in mid-August.

He said: "We are preparing for the two preliminary matches, hoping to be able to go through and reach our objective of participating in the group stages and close the last two years. We have a good chance to pull it off so we must concentrate all our energy on doing our best"

The Italy international also sent out a warning to his side's rivals in the chase to claim next season's Serie A crown.

He added: "I think the other teams know that next season they will find themselves up against the usual combative side which will contend for the top honours and won't be easily beaten."

Fox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)