Mauro Camoranesi (42 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Camo counts the cost
Tuesday 19 February, 2008

Juventus winger Mauro Camoranesi has been hit by a hefty fine for a challenge he made 13 years ago.

The Azzurri star was playing for Alvarado against local rivals Aldosivi in August 1994 when he put in a horror tackle on Javier Pizzo.

The foul effectively ended Pizzo’s career as he was left with damage to his ligaments, meniscus and tendons.

After a lengthy legal process, judge Heber Amalfi has ordered Camoranesi to pay Pizzo around £30,000 in compensation for a tackle, which was “imprudent”.

Pizzo’s knee was reduced to around 39 per cent of its previous capacity and he was sidelined for three years. Upon returning to the game, he was only able to make another four appearances.

Camoranesi’s legal team have indicated that they will appeal the judgement.
That is crazy!! That is the truest definition of statute of limitations!! All I can say is that if this was allowed in american football then the game would have gone bankrupt after about 5 seasons.

The problem with this is that no one really knows if Camo is the pure cause of destroying that guys knee. It is more than possible that he already had partially torn ligaments and was playing. I feel bad for Pizzo but Camo should not have to pay for a tackle (whether malicious or not) more than a decade later.

That is the risk these atheletes take everyday when they step onto the field.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
This is what Camo said about Tiago on controcampo

"Per me è un grande giocatore e deve giocare. Ma purtroppo la mia parola si vede che conta poco"

It say's that Tiago is a great player and should play, but his words don't mean nothing.

Didn't Del Piero say the same thing

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
he was i know he picked up a niggle but i thought he was ok
Camo sub I understood, its DP sub that I didn't.....I wouldn't want to further risk Camo being injured, I think we can all see how much we need his creativity and midfield passing/dribbling.

I would've brought on Sali though, at least he has a chance of doing somthing going forward, as to Nocerino...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Camo sub I understood, its DP sub that I didn't.....I wouldn't want to further risk Camo being injured, I think we can all see how much we need his creativity and midfield passing/dribbling.

I would've brought on Sali though, at least he has a chance of doing somthing going forward, as to Nocerino...
:agree: dp sub was stupid, i hate how ranieri is so reluctant to sub trez even though he doesnt look 100%

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
the cammo was sub stupid. You don't take off a creative player for a DM. But if he needs to come off another creative player needs to come on. You can't expect us to hold onto possession with sissoko and nocerino in the midfield. Tiago should have come on not nocerino. But we've been saying this all season.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
True, its useless to talk about Tiago situation anymore...
What irritates me, that CR played with 3 DMs in Roma game and we were completely owned then!!!

I dont think Camo was substituted coz he was injured. if so tinkerman would have mentioned it...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
he didnt seem injured, i think he ran off his niggle and he wasnt happy when he went off, either way nocerino shouldnt of been subbed on

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Camo: We threw it away

Mauro Camoranesi was frustrated by Juventus’ defeat against Fiorentina and felt the Bianconeri deserved better.

The Old Lady were beaten 3-2 in Turin by their bitter rivals and are now just a single point ahead of the Viola in third place.

Having led 2-1, with Camoranesi on target for Juve’s second, the Cadetti champions let it slip and were stunned by a last-gasp goal from Pablo Daniel Osvaldo.

“It’s a shame because it was ours for the taking,” Camo lamented on Italia 1.

“We went ahead and we had to manage the game better, even if Fiorentina played very well in the first half especially.

“We grew in the second period and they didn’t have any big chances, but we threw it all away with two lapses.”

It had seemed that Juve’s dressing room was calling a Press silence when none of the players appeared for post-game interviews, but the Azzurri winger insisted the snub wasn’t a statement.

“We didn’t intend for there to be a Press silence after the game,” he maintained.

“It was a case of miscommunication as we all thought someone else had gone to be interviewed.”

With so much speculation relating to Roberto Donadoni’s Euro 2008 squad, Camoranesi couldn’t resist the chance to oppose calls for Sampdoria’s Antonio Cassano to be selected.

“Cassano has exceptional quality,” he admitted. “But I wouldn’t have wanted him in the World Cup squad in Germany – that’s all I’m going to say.”

Football Italia

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Similiar article from Goal.com

Cassano Mustn’t Be Called Up – Camoranesi
Juve star Mauro Camoranesi has made it clear that Antonio Cassano must not be called up by Italy for Euro 2008.
»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
galleria zoom Cassano has been in simply stunning form for Sampdoria over the past few months, and few doubt that on ability and performances alone, the forward deserves to go to Austria and Switzerland.

However the troubled side of the 25-year-old’s personality looks like it is going to ruin any hopes Cassano may have.

Yesterday the fiery frontman was sent off against Torino and launched a stunning attack against the referee, hurling abuse and throwing his shirt at him, before having to be pulled away by team-mates.

Many people believe that Cassano will be a disruptive influence on the Azzurri if he is chosen for Euro 2008, a point that Camoranesi clearly refers to.

“Cassano has exceptional quality,” the Argentine-born winger admitted.

“But I wouldn’t have wanted him in the World Cup squad in Germany – that’s all I’m going to say.”

Camoranesi was speaking after Juve’s hugely disappointing 3-2 defeat against Firoentina, a match in which they had led 2-1 until two goals in the last 15 minutes.

“It’s a shame because it was ours for the taking,” he moaned on Italia 1.

“We went ahead and we had to manage the game better, even if Fiorentina played very well in the first half especially.

“We grew in the second period and they didn’t have any big chances, but we threw it all away with two lapses.”

Gianni Wilson

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
“It’s a shame because it was ours for the taking,” Camo lamented on Italia 1.

Simply and honestly put by one of our leaders on the squad. I wish our manager spoke with such brevity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)