Mauro Camoranesi (86 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Camo counts the cost
Tuesday 19 February, 2008

Juventus winger Mauro Camoranesi has been hit by a hefty fine for a challenge he made 13 years ago.

The Azzurri star was playing for Alvarado against local rivals Aldosivi in August 1994 when he put in a horror tackle on Javier Pizzo.

The foul effectively ended Pizzo’s career as he was left with damage to his ligaments, meniscus and tendons.

After a lengthy legal process, judge Heber Amalfi has ordered Camoranesi to pay Pizzo around £30,000 in compensation for a tackle, which was “imprudent”.

Pizzo’s knee was reduced to around 39 per cent of its previous capacity and he was sidelined for three years. Upon returning to the game, he was only able to make another four appearances.

Camoranesi’s legal team have indicated that they will appeal the judgement.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Camo counts the cost

Juventus winger Mauro Camoranesi has been hit by a hefty fine for a challenge he made 13 years ago.

The Azzurri star was playing for Alvarado against local rivals Aldosivi in August 1994 when he put in a horror tackle on Javier Pizzo.

The foul effectively ended Pizzo’s career as he was left with damage to his ligaments, meniscus and tendons.

After a lengthy legal process, judge Heber Amalfi has ordered Camoranesi to pay Pizzo around £30,000 in compensation for a tackle, which was “imprudent”.

Pizzo’s knee was reduced to around 39 per cent of its previous capacity and he was sidelined for three years. Upon returning to the game, he was only able to make another four appearances.

13 years ago, wow.

TBH i dont see why he should sue him it was in a match, obviously he is angry like any one would be but thats a risk you take as a professional football player.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
tbh if i fucked up someone's career and then managed to make it big myself, i'd probably go offer compensation to the guy, but thats just me

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Camo counts the cost

I just have one question, why the hell this did not come out earlier? Why did it come out just when maoro has returned back from injuries with good performance? Just after Moratt declaring that Juve are strong???

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
i think he should pay , just to avoid all those legal nonsenses and to take his mind off the problem. We need Camo to concentrate on more important issues.

Also I dont see reason why Juve should not pay its only 1-2 week wages for decent player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)