Maurizio Sarri (44 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
yes. Of course, as long as we are seeing signs of improvement we should stick with him.
Lol, and people here wanted Gapserini. Gasperini would never succeed here because y’all would hound him out at the first sign of trouble.
I think Pirlo is a bad appointment if he loses the Scudetto to Inter. Whether or not we stick with him is a separate discussion though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I think Pirlo is a bad appointment if he loses the Scudetto to Inter. Whether or not we stick with him is a separate discussion though.
Agreed. If we lose the scudetto it was because we hired someone who's never coached a team before, let alone a team like Juve, and not because of the rejuvenation process that'll take a some time, aka the big picture.

The rejuvenation process shouldn't be some kind of get out of jail card for Pirlo in case we lose the scudetto.

People simply lowered their expectations because of him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But what if he doesn't win the Scudetto, wins the CL, but kills Ronaldo while DUI, is he a bad appointment? Let's not get ridiculous :D
Hey, you’re defining a black and white scudetto win/loss decides whether his appointment is good or not.

Lots of teams have won CL while losing league. If Pirlo manages to pull that off, his first year is a stunning success regardless of the league.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Agreed. If we lose the scudetto it was because we hired someone who's never coached a team before, let alone a team like Juve, and not because of the rejuvenation process that'll take a some time, aka the big picture.

The rejuvenation process shouldn't be some kind of get out of jail card for Pirlo in case we lose the scudetto.

People simply lowered their expectations because of him.
That lowering of the expectations comes directly form the club though. Agnelli hired Pirlo to have a cheap caretaker that finds common language with the squad to maintain some sporting stability, which Sarri couldn't do. There's no doubt the club is thinking about finances first. Had it not been necessary, I'm sure Agnelli wouldn't have fired Sarri in the first place too.
This is also visible by the way the squad is assembled for this season: we lack depth in every department, yet we play the most difficult season ever when it comes to calendar. The club was so desperate to save up some money, they loaned out a few players for free or some peanuts, just to make some savings.

With that being said, I'm sure Pirlo will get a pass even if he doesn't win the title. As long as he finished top 4 + proceeds a bit further in CL, he'll continue to be the coach IMO, Sarri is still on the wagebill.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Would you say that Pep, Klopp, Zidane should have been fired from City, Liverpool and Real because they didn’t win the league in their first seasons?
Not saying that Pirlo is as good as any of those guys, just curious to know if a coach has to be fired if he doesn’t win the league. I guess Lippi and Trappatoni should’ve been sacked because they didn’t win the scudetto in 85 and 96.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Would you say that Pep, Klopp, Zidane should have been fired from City, Liverpool and Real because they didn’t win the league in their first seasons?
Not saying that Pirlo is as good as any of those guys, just curious to know if a coach has to be fired if he doesn’t win the league. I guess Lippi and Trappatoni should’ve been sacked because they didn’t win the scudetto in 85 and 96.
You are lowering expectations because of the "big picture" :D

You should have high HOPES while ignoring the facts...don't you know that? We won the last 9 years isn't that reason enough? No other reason is an excuse because the tenth is ours..hopes and dreams win over logic mofos

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You are lowering expectations because of the "big picture" :D

You should have high HOPES while ignoring the facts...don't you know that? We won the last 9 years isn't that reason enough? No other reason is an excuse because the tenth is ours..hopes and dreams win over logic mofos
Fact is, we still have the best squad in the league. So yes, losing out on the scudetto is a failure. Logic isn't it.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Fact is, we still have the best squad in the league. So yes, losing out on the scudetto is a failure. Logic isn't it.
The quantity of garbage that reply deserves to have dumped on it, would stink up this forum more than you have already so I'll leave it at that..
Y'all need the golden fish that grants wishes with that retarded logic to work in the real world

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Hey, you’re defining a black and white scudetto win/loss decides whether his appointment is good or not.

Lots of teams have won CL while losing league. If Pirlo manages to pull that off, his first year is a stunning success regardless of the league.
Lol of course it's a success if he wins the CL, however it's an unlikely scenario, do you want me to list all of them? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Do we really have the best squad though? Inter is pretty darn good, too. Ronaldo and MDL are two players. ;)
Inter is full of jabronis that are well below our level jabronis, however it's the coach that either makes them into useful parts or not.
Fired is a whole different argument, it's not the same as the "was he a bad appointment?" argument, you keep switching to that. :D Pep should've been fired, yes, he's spent a fortune and delivered what, one-two league titles and multiple disappointing CL exits in his four (?) years there, if they replaced him with Allegri or Zidane when they were free, chances are they'd be better off title-wise.

Zidane is not a case of not winning right away, he pretty much did. Klopp inherited a del Neri level team, no one expected them to win right away. A lot of factors involved in winning/losing the league to an inferior team, but it's a lot easier to take the leap of faith with a proven coach, imagine Xavi in place of Pep at City - that guy would never get a lifeline as long and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Very misleading argument. Context matters.

Juventus downgraded themselves by hiring a rookie coach. That doesn't mean we downgrade and lower our objectives too.

Besides there is minimal improvement in the way we play. Maybe if we push Inter till the end for the title, maybe then Pirlo deserves another chance but if the current trend continues, I see no reason for Pirlo to remain beyond this season.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
More and more voices on ADL 'begging' Sarri to come back to Nipples.

Apparently a lot of coaches rejected ADL: starting from Allegri, ending up at Benitez who doesn't want to take over in the middle of the season. Sarri didn't say no but he has some conditions/expectations and it's not clear on what conditions Juve will let him go.

We should totally make ADL pay, stubborn fucker will taste his own medicine for once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)