Maurizio Sarri (74 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
When was the last time in our 9 year run the midfield was this bad?
Make it more than 9 years.

Our midfielders this year (Pjanic, Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey, Matuidi, Khedira, Can) scored only 10 goals in 52 matches and assisted 18 goals.
This is worse than anything we had since the return from serie B.
In Conte's 3 years, the worst our midfield did was: 25 goals and 23 assists in Conte's first season.
In Allegri's 5 years, the worst was last year, pretty much with this year's midfield: 15 goals and 14 assists
Del Neri's midfield had: 16 goals+20 assists; Zaccheroni's and Ferrara's had 16 goals+16 assists; Ranieri's worse was: 12 goals+27 assists

Our worst midfield stats wise, since coming from serie B, was the one from the last two seasons. Last year the midfield made 29 goals+assists, this year 28 g+a. The previous worst after 2007 was 32 G+A in 2009/10 when we finished 7th in serie A.

Before serie B, assists weren't counted so I can't make a comparison, but if we count only goals, the last time a midfield scored 10 goals or less was in 1994/95 when our midfield (Conte, Deschamps, Marrochi, Sousa, Tacchinardi, Fusi) also scored 10 goals. In this particular season, though, we had Baggio to connect midfield with attack (Ravanelli, Vialli, Del Piero) and if I count him among the midfielders, then I'll have to go further back to find such an impotent midfield as the one from 2019/20.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think this has been in the works for a while.

You could see the signs Agnelli wasn't happy in recent weeks. Even at the trophy presentation you could tell the players didn't have a bond with him, Buffon barely acknowledged him despite standing next to him. Plus it didn't seem Ronaldo had any respect for him.

A huge weight lifted by getting rid of him. Now we need to make a good appointment and learn from this horrible, expensive mistake.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Make it more than 9 years.

Our midfielders this year (Pjanic, Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey, Matuidi, Khedira, Can) scored only 10 goals in 52 matches and assisted 18 goals.
This is worse than anything we had since the return from serie B.
In Conte's 3 years, the worst our midfield did was: 25 goals and 23 assists in Conte's first season.
In Allegri's 5 years, the worst was last year, pretty much with this year's midfield: 15 goals and 14 assists
Del Neri's midfield had: 16 goals+20 assists; Zaccheroni's and Ferrara's had 16 goals+16 assists; Ranieri's worse was: 12 goals+27 assists

Our worst midfield stats wise, since coming from serie B, was the one from the last two seasons. Last year the midfield made 29 goals+assists, this year 28 g+a. The previous worst after 2007 was 32 G+A in 2009/10 when we finished 7th in serie A.

Before serie B, assists weren't counted so I can't make a comparison, but if we count only goals, the last time a midfield scored 10 goals or less was in 1994/95 when our midfield (Conte, Deschamps, Marrochi, Sousa, Tacchinardi, Fusi) also scored 10 goals. In this particular season, though, we had Baggio to connect midfield with attack (Ravanelli, Vialli, Del Piero) and if I count him among the midfielders, then I'll have to go further back to find such an impotent midfield as the one from 2019/20.
I love you. I love your posts.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Piece of shit never should have been in charge of such a prestigious team. Never had the charisma never had the character, never had any style and never had the team. I can’t remember which member said it but they nailed it when they said “Juventus brought Sarri to new heights and not vice-versa.”

Jun 16, 2020
I think this has been in the works for a while.

You could see the signs Agnelli wasn't happy in recent weeks. Even at the trophy presentation you could tell the players didn't have a bond with him, Buffon barely acknowledged him despite standing next to him. Plus it didn't seem Ronaldo had any respect for him.

A huge weight lifted by getting rid of him. Now we need to make a good appointment and learn from this horrible, expensive mistake.
I still have a lot of faith in our board. I remember our discussion a few weeks ago where we discussed if they’d sack Sarri. Hopefully this was a much needed wake up call and hopefully we’ll buy some quality players, as it have been frustrating years.

Very happy that the board acknowledges mistakes and we’re ending up sacking Sarri and giving a new contract to Dybala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)