Maurizio Sarri (19 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
If you had to address one of the 2 problems first (dead weight on the squad, and useless coach), which one would that be? To me it’s the first one.
Except of course if he lost the locker room already.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
If you had to address one of the 2 problems first (dead weight on the squad, and useless coach), which one would that be? To me it’s the first one.
Definitely number 2 imo this guy doesn't inspire anything and to me it is quite clear no one likes to play for him. He has the passion of a frigid nun and the charisma of a provincial tax collector.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All I care about right now is knowing what Zidane's fate is. Maybe it's time for a move for him. A genuine offer, what players do you want, what can we give you to say yes kind of offer.

- - - Updated - - -

You're incredibly negative, more so than usual.

Look. We have two CBs back from injury and healthy again. We don't have to worry about Rugani or Bonucci anymore. We have a young dynamic CM, immediate step up over the shit we have now and Kulu coming that is going to give our attackers a run for their money and probably start especially if we don't have a ST coming in to replace Higuain.

The movement is there, in the right direction. Paratici needs to keep building on that though. Pellegrini & Romero could come back as well I mean it's not no ideal but their is reason to be optimistic.

Rabiot has been an improvement, though, hard to see in all the issues we have currently, but he has gotten much better. Bentancur has his moments but those are two young CMs with another coming. We need to address our fullbacks. Who stays, who goes, is Pellegrini going to stay, etc. We need one more CM, a RB and a ST. If we don't sell Sandro then we have a youngster coming in to make him work harder. Fine. I'm OK with that. We have players (deadweight) we can use in some other deals.

Maybe this is the season where we are forced to start trying out youngsters from U23 because its harder with COVID, etc. on the market. Have some faith people.

Try not to knock people looking at the silver lining instead of focusing on yesterday. Agnelli is not perfect but there aren't many more Presidents as savvy and as close to their team as Agnelli is. He takes the role very seriously, whether any of you negative Nancy's agree or not. He will get it write, he took a gamble but you can't deny what he has done so far. Give him a chance to re-route the ship.

Please tell me in my statement where I got it wrong.

My statement wasn't about the players. Or Paratici. It is about the guy who is SUPPOSED to be leading this group. Key word being "lead" because he doesn't do it.

Jun 16, 2020
Definitely the second. Never underestimate the importance of a great manager. Look like Real Madrid last year without Zidane for example. Or just to us with Allegri. The manager is key imo.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Definitely number 2 imo this guy doesn't inspire anything and to me it is quite clear no one likes to play for him. He has the passion of a frigid nun and the charisma of a provincial tax collector.
I agree if nobody likes to play for him he should be fired ASAP. These things are hard to determine from outside though. Thankfully we have Gigi and Chiello to report from inside on the locker room.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Some dead weight players turn into superstars should they believe or be managed by a really good coach.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
People can harp on the shortcomings of Conte and Allegri, and there are for both of them.

One thing that I NEVER questioned was whether the players would run through a brick wall for them.

Until this clown showed up.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Some dead weight players turn into superstars should they believe or be managed by a really good coach.
I doubt Khedira, Rugani, Danilo and Berna will turn to be anything special. Costa’s muscles won’t be strong either.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely the second. Never underestimate the importance of a great manager. Look like Real Madrid last year without Zidane for example. Or just to us with Allegri. The manager is key imo.
I hate Sarri as much as the next guy but this is the wrong example. Madrid squad was much better than our current one.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
the coach should always be first, unless the team is a bunch of retards with bad intentions. But considering a normal team, the coach is the one responsible for making sure things run smoothly and motivating the players

Jun 16, 2020
I doubt Khedira, Rugani, Danilo and Berna will turn to be anything special. Costa’s muscles won’t be strong either.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate Sarri as much as the next guy but this is the wrong example. Madrid squad was much better than our current one.
They were a lot better and yet they failed to preform, because they had a useless manager.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What makes anyone think that next season will be better? I'm very curious because next season is going to start a lot sooner than we realize, and this team couldn't make his system work ALL SEASON LONG.

But suddenly a couple of months away will suddenly make everything click?

Right.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is exactly why they won't fire him. They can't. We don't have a full summer to make this right.
You have no way of knowing for certain whether they will fire him or not. We lost a coach once in the middle of preseason, signed a guy that most here hated that happened to go on a 5 year winning streak.

We took a team that was on Path A for 5 years under Allegri to a new coach and new philosophy to go on Path B and happened to hand him a shitty midfield. We still one the league, pretty sure early on we knew CL was out b/c of the holes the SARRI DID NOT CREATE HIMSELF.

Either give Sarri the players he needs to make his system work or find a new coach who's system is more closely aligned with the players we have/or are getting.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
the coach should always be first, unless the team is a bunch of retards with bad intentions. But considering a normal team, the coach is the one responsible for making sure things run smoothly and motivating the players
I agree that lack of motivation in the team is THE reason to fire his ass.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Right. So they didn’t have the first problem.
All I’m saying is that our problems run deeper than just Sarri. Inzaghi will be a risk too since he has to manage a team with this shit midfield and sky high expectations.
Both the squad and the manager are subpar. Both should be changed/fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)