Maurizio Sarri (179 Viewers)

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I believe the main problem is not that Sarri didn't have the players for his system, but the very fact that he's got a system rigidly requiring very specific types of players (or even more, not the types of players, but specific players, like Jorgihno). And the worst part is that this system has not even proved to be effective in the long run, quite the opposite, actually. That's why no one should blame the management for not completely rebuilding the squad for Sarri's system - why would they do that? They just shouldn't have signed this manager in the first place.

I'm writing all of this without any sarcasm or irony. The approach Sarri's relatively good at is suitable only for a small club that: a) have nothing to lose; b) can sign a lot of cheap unknown players fitting required profiles; c) can give him several years to make things work and to grow that bunch of nameless players to a state when they are a group of solid hardworking workhorses, grateful for their progress and quite successful careers. That's something he can get at any team below the 6th place, and he will be great at such a job. At the same time, he will never have anything like this at Juventus. So, it doesn't really make sense to continue this story after the CL is over.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Yeah, it’s getting downright infuriating. Not because of this match it meant nothing but just the general state of our game. We’ve always had strong defenses before and after Calciopoli, what we have right now is everyone for themselves. The number of goals conceded is just absurd, no excuses. The lack of creativity, endless side passing and just everyone seems to be underperforming for whatever reason. Not blaming everything on this guy since it’s not his fault we love our big salary bench/broken players but this partnership clearly hasn’t worked.

I obviously don’t want us to lose against Lyon but if we do I really hope It’s an ugly loss. The embarrassing kind. A wake up call is long overdue.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah, it’s getting downright infuriating. Not because of this match it meant nothing but just the general state of our game. We’ve always had strong defenses before and after Calciopoli, what we have right now is everyone for themselves. The number of goals conceded is just absurd, no excuses. The lack of creativity, endless side passing and just everyone seems to be underperforming for whatever reason. Not blaming everything on this guy since it’s not his fault we love our big salary bench/broken players but this partnership clearly hasn’t worked.

I obviously don’t want us to lose against Lyon but if we do I really hope It’s an ugly loss. The embarrassing kind. A wake up call is long overdue.
Ungrateful spoilt fan

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Agree, but we have been shit all season TBH.
We had glances of improvement.I'm not saying we were great, far from it. As someone said these players don't fit his system. He won, he should be congratulated. Most of folks here expected us to lose Serie A, and they were fine having Allegri, as long as we win Serie A with 1-0 result, even subbing on 3rd or 4th cb to defend a one-goal lead.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I hope Agnelli consults with the squad before his end of season review with Sarri.

There is absolutely no way these players are playing for Sarri. He’s so disconnected from everyone
This. All in all, most of these players are straight up bad or declining for some years now. The squad is quite unbalanced, full of overpaid unmotivated players.

So first and foremost, it's on Paratici.

But it's clear the players have no connection to Sarri. It seems he fails to lead them, and it's showing.

Kinda feel sorry for the guy, but yes, I think he has no business staying at Juve.

Jun 6, 2015
We had glances of improvement.I'm not saying we were great, far from it. As someone said these players don't fit his system. He won, he should be congratulated. Most of folks here expected us to lose Serie A, and they were fine having Allegri, as long as we win Serie A with 1-0 result, even subbing on 3rd or 4th cb to defend a one-goal lead.
Same excuse week-in and week-out.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Last year we were playing like super shit too.

We need a minirevolution in some areas

Lets seee whatvsarri can do with new pkayers and new motivation from them

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This. All in all, most of these players are straight up bad or declining for some years now. The squad is quite unbalanced, full of overpaid unmotivated players.

So first and foremost, it's on Paratici.

But it's clear the players have no connection to Sarri. It seems he fails to lead them, and it's showing.

Kinda feel sorry for the guy, but yes, I think he has no business staying at Juve.
How is it clear? have you spoken directly to any of the players and told you so?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It wont matter how will we lose to Lyon, Juve is a manager's feud, they will have their way with us no matter what happens...
Bonucci will keep being our captain, we will keep paying millions on deadwood, keep gifting away our most promising talents and keep wasting millions on Italian nobodies, not worthy of our jersey, just because they have the right agent.o and keep extending adida's contract, no matter if they keep creating the worse jerseys of our history, this is how company juventus is run!

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This is just not true.

Show me just 3 who seriously expected us to lose Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 176)