Maurizio Sarri (11 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I was looking at Juve coach stats earlier and noticed that Sarri (70.7%) was even ahead of Allegri's astronomical win % (70.48%), even if he has coached far less games. Found that funny considering the constant meltdown.

I think any coach who has a win % of 65% or more is essentially winning titles and cups. The scary thought for other teams is that this is considered a struggling Juve and is the first season of a different tactical approach.

I'm most happy about having 5 clean sheets in a row, even if it is in different circumstances. We have struggled for clean sheets this season.
The meltdown is yet to come, after our game vs Lyon. :p

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If he wins the title, close to Zilch, unless there's a monumental collapse and embarrassing exit against Lyon in the CL. Even then, it's highly unlikely. Unfortunately, we're going to see this bus driver in the dugout next season as well, so we might as well support him and begrudgingly accept that he's coaching us, lack of style, class, and acumen all accounted for.

Also, Gasperini is good for a team like Atalanta. If we want a new coach, we should target a foreign one perhaps?
Gasperini has actually been good everywhere but Inter.
I mentioned him because our board want a team that play "beautiful football" and everyone just enjoy his Atalanta.
I personally really like Inzaghi`s Lazio - They are one of my favorite teams to watch (in terms of style of play). Put aside post Corona performances

- - - Updated - - -

The meltdown is yet to come, after our game vs Lyon. :p
I think we will beat Lyon but the question should we go through or get eliminated shouldnt be asked against such a team and the fact that it does says a lot..

Jun 16, 2020
Gasperini has actually been good everywhere but Inter.
I mentioned him because our board want a team that play "beautiful football" and everyone just enjoy his Atalanta.
I personally really like Inzaghi`s Lazio - They are one of my favorite teams to watch (in terms of style of play). Put aside post Corona performances

- - - Updated - - -

I think we will beat Lyon but the question should we go through or get eliminated shouldnt be asked against such a team and the fact that it does says a lot..
I like Inzaghi but somewhere im not convinced. I mean everything looks fantastic, but the 8th place last year was really ugly. And a embarrassing EL exit this year. Afterwards he used the ‘we wanted to focus on the Serie A’ as a excuse, they have used their B-team for most of the EL games, but I just don’t like it. Lets see how Inzaghi will do in CL to see if he’s fit for the big stage as a manager.

Usually the biggest problem is that we don’t have patience. We want nice football and good results from day one, forgetting that coaches like Sarri, Gasperini and Inzaghi had years to construct their teams and we remember them for their strongest year. Even Klopp and Guardiola didn’t win trophies at Liverpool and City in their first year.

Conte did miracles with us, as did Allegri - Max though could build on a nice foundation left by Conte. It’s easier to step in post-Conte’s Juve then post-Max’s.

Im not Sarri’s biggest fan, hopefully we don’t turn in a club that changes managers every year. Very bad for stability. If Lyon sends us home he should be sacked tho.

I want a manager who can adapt, but has a own style. If we were to get Gasperini for example we’d get a manager who never changes the systeem. Same for Inzaghi probably.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
To be fair to Inzaghi they clearly didn't take the Europa League seriously. You can criticise him for that but with the fact that he has taken his team to be a real scudetto contender, I'm sure he will be happy with that decision.

Jun 16, 2020
To be fair to Inzaghi they clearly didn't take the Europa League seriously. You can criticise him for that but with the fact that he has taken his team to be a real scudetto contender, I'm sure he will be happy with that decision.
Yes of course I can’t deny that it helped them. I just have a hard time believing he was already thinking about the Scudetto in september/october. Its a bit to optimistic if you came from the 8th place last year.

I can confirm that he didn’t took the EL seriously as I always checked at least their line-ups. But I feel that he underestimated that group and as thing fell good in Serie A it was a acceptable excuse. Nevertheless Rome would explode if Lazio won the EL so in general I just don’t like his mentality regarding the EL and I have a hard time believing him that he was focused on winning the Scudetto from day 1.

For years it has been a problem that Italian managers didn’t took the EL serious, well things haven’t really changed. Would be nice for our reputation in general if we succeed to win it sometimes. That Benfica match still hurts when the final was in our stadium.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Yes, but people here endless mocked Sarri for doing the same thing with Napoli in 2017-18.
Not quite. People mocked Napoli (including Sarri) for being arrogant clowns who were constantly blabbing about how they were gonna win scudetto that year (Hamsik :lol:), went all in and ended up empty-handed at the end of the season. Lazio, on the other hand, are just silently and humbly doing their job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)