Maurizio Sarri (23 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We had 60 minutes playing against an 18th placed 10 man Lecce side that ran like crazy for the first half hour in the middle of an Italian summer. The subs were obvious.
Kinda reminds me of the game when we were playing Benevento at home and barely scrapped a 2:1 win. Those would've been the first points Benevento earned that season. Wait, wasn't Allegri the coach back then?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Kinda reminds me of the game when we were playing Benevento at home and barely scrapped a 2:1 win. Those would've been the first points Benevento earned that season. Wait, wasn't Allegri the coach back then?
Allegri was the coach. But surely you can see the difference between between the two coaches. Allegri more than earned the right for the odd lacklustre performance by having consistent strong performances in the majority of matches, a history of winning competitions and reaching two champions league finals.

Sarri has not earned that right and if anything the toothless and slack performance last night until the sending off was typical of our form under Sarri over the entire season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was looking at Juve coach stats earlier and noticed that Sarri (70.7%) was even ahead of Allegri's astronomical win % (70.48%), even if he has coached far less games. Found that funny considering the constant meltdown.

I think any coach who has a win % of 65% or more is essentially winning titles and cups. The scary thought for other teams is that this is considered a struggling Juve and is the first season of a different tactical approach.

I'm most happy about having 5 clean sheets in a row, even if it is in different circumstances. We have struggled for clean sheets this season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I was looking at Juve coach stats earlier and noticed that Sarri (70.7%) was even ahead of Allegri's astronomical win % (70.48%), even if he has coached far less games. Found that funny considering the constant meltdown.

I think any coach who has a win % of 65% or more is essentially winning titles and cups. The scary thought for other teams is that this is considered a struggling Juve and is the first season of a different tactical approach.

I'm most happy about having 5 clean sheets in a row, even if it is in different circumstances. We have struggled for clean sheets this season.
We also have the best defensive record in the league now, so at least we can say Sarri has made improvements in that department to our somewhat naive approach at the start of the season

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

Too many facts in this posts. It doesnt fit with Anti-Sarri narrative.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Definitely, you can't ignore that Juve has to win those finals. Not going to win all and never have, not even during the most dominant domestic era of any team in calcio history, but 0/2 is not good enough.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Definitely, you can't ignore that Juve has to win those finals. Not going to win all and never have, not even during the most dominant domestic era of any team in calcio history, but 0/2 is not good enough.
I can forgive the bullshit Supercoppa player in Saudi...a nothing trophy for the most part. But we shouldn’t be losing to this mediocre version of Napoli, in any game, especially in a cup final.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We also have the best defensive record in the league now, so at least we can say Sarri has made improvements in that department to our somewhat naive approach at the start of the season
Our defensive record has more to do with De Ligt and Bonucci gelling together than Sarri’s genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri fans, Allegri is regarded highly because he won the games that mattered. He won all scudetti, 4/5 Coppe Italia, 2 out of 4 Super Cups and reached 2 CL finals (and 4/5 CL quarterfinals, we had 0 QFs between 2006 and 2014). If Sarri wins the CL, I’ll certainly start worshipping him, until then, he has to prove himself.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Our defensive record has more to do with De Ligt and Bonucci gelling together than Sarri’s genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri fans, Allegri is regarded highly because he won the games that mattered. He won all scudetti, 4/5 Coppe Italia, 2 out of 4 Super Cups and reached 2 CL finals (and 4/5 CL quarterfinals, we had 0 QFs between 2006 and 2014). If Sarri wins the CL, I’ll certainly start worshipping him, until then, he has to prove himself.
Are we still doing the zonal defending, because last time people complained that we leaked goals because of that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we win Serie A - What are the chances Sarri gets the sack?
IMO unless a serious improvement occurs Gasperini will be our coach for next season

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Are we still doing the zonal defending, because last time people complained that we leaked goals because of that.
I'm in favour of zonal in open play but on set pieces I don't like it. We are still zonal in both. I think on set pieces it's ok to be zonal but at least man mark the opponent's 2 top aerial threats. You should have enough numerical advantage to do this.

But also moving away from the 4-3-1-2 helped us. Because in that formation, the CMs could not cover the fullbacks.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If we win Serie A - What are the chances Sarri gets the sack?
IMO unless a serious improvement occurs Gasperini will be our coach for next season
If he wins the title, close to Zilch, unless there's a monumental collapse and embarrassing exit against Lyon in the CL. Even then, it's highly unlikely. Unfortunately, we're going to see this bus driver in the dugout next season as well, so we might as well support him and begrudgingly accept that he's coaching us, lack of style, class, and acumen all accounted for.

Also, Gasperini is good for a team like Atalanta. If we want a new coach, we should target a foreign one perhaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)